[Game] Kings v. Suns - 2/3/17 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I hope you were watching when Booker dropped 27 pts in just the 2nd quarter against Milwaukee today.

That's right. Read it again, Booker had 27 pts in just the 2nd quarter alone.

But yeah he has "no chance" at being a superstar.
Scoring points alone does not make you a superstar. DeMar DeRozan averages 27ppg. He's not a superstar. We used to have a shooting guard who averaged 24ppg. He wasn't a superstar either. The point isn't that Booker will not be a very good scorer. He's got a very good chance at that. The point is that he hasn't shown any special in any other area, which is the thing that separates the superstars. Amongst guards in particular you would say its creativity with the ball, the ability to create off the bounce for yourself and others. James Harden is a superstar. DWade was. Drexler was. Kobe was. All guys who were top notch for their position in multiple other areas rather than just scoring. Superstar can be an overused term conflating good star players and special franchise carrying players.

That said I'd obviously clear out almost every piece the Kings have except Cousins to get Booker. He's exactly the wingman the big guy needs. But that's also what he would clearly be: the wingman.

Status
Not open for further replies.