[Game] Kings v. Nuggets - Monday, Oct. 28 - 7PT

At times they are playing exactly the way they need to. With Holmes they had 4 out, with Dedmon they ran a couple 5 out until they tried to get him the ball in the paint which didn't end well. That last play was backdoor that didn't need to be done.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Considering the prior games, this was a very nice first half. The team tried to play with a brain, there was buy-in, and there was effort. Holmes looks very good.

The dreaded third quarter is next. hopefully we come out focused.
They just have to keep doing what they're doing. Keep that spacing. If they get tight I'd like to see them run a couple post ups through Barnes. They still aren't using his abilities nearly enough. At PF we saw he can draw Millsap out and take him to the rack one on one. Give him and easy spot up shot outlet at the 3 point line and run it till they can stop it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
They just have to keep doing what they're doing. Keep that spacing. If they get tight I'd like to see them run a couple post ups through Barnes. They still aren't using his abilities nearly enough. At PF we saw he can draw Millsap out and take him to the rack one on one. Give him and easy spot up shot outlet at the 3 point line and run it till they can stop it.
NBA coaches misusing Barnes has been a recurring theme throughout his career. Joerger had no clue how to play him last season and Carlislie sorta just put him out on an island during his time in Dallas.

Even on the Warriors, Barnes always seemed like the one guy Kerr had trouble putting into a position to succeed during their first run.

NBA coaches misusing Barnes has been a recurring theme throughout his career. Joerger had no clue how to play him last season and Carlislie sorta just put him out on an island during his time in Dallas.

Even on the Warriors, Barnes always seemed like the one guy Kerr had trouble putting into a position to succeed during their first run.
I think part of his problem is he's such a team guy too. He'll gladly stand out of the way. I did like some of what Joerger did with him last year. He posted him up too much but he seemed to have a better grasp on what he can do well.

I wonder if Buddy actually got injured/hobbled in Phoenix. He’s been pretty lousy since that moment. Like not even getting shots off.