[Game] Kings v. Nuggets, 2/19/16 - 7 PST, 10 EST

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
This is one of those things now where this could almost be a last stand game.

We have a home and home with Denver. You need to win both of those, and maybe we can talk.

Because if you don't then you follow them up with a 3 game homestand vs. the Spurs, Clippers, and Thunder, and if you are broken, you could get swept. The already empty building (not been a great showing by fans in the last year of Arco) clears completely out, you fall 5,6,7 back, and that's it.

Meanwhile we made no move to rally around in the last week, and half the roster heard its name in trade rumors, may have even wanted out. Would take nothing at all to make the rest of this season unwatchable.

Bricklayer

For me we either win the next two and scrap for the 8.

Or call out the tank.

4.5 back of a playoff spot, 2 games ahead of the 6th pick.
If we call out the tank a lot of things are over. I might take about 6 months off myself. see if there's anything I want to come back to next fall. Arenas don't fascinate me. I'm not a cat you can fool with a twinkly bauble.

If we call out the tank a lot of things are over. I might take about 6 months off myself. see if there's anything I want to come back to next fall. Arenas don't fascinate me. I'm not a cat you can fool with a twinkly bauble.
Say we lose both of these games to Denver. What do you root for?

We don't really have many "kids" to develop. The coach is a lame duck.

Not much else left, besides no one getting injured.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I just want to see Malone's team smother the Kings coach Malone style...whether they will or not remains to be seen. The Nuggets have some bigs that can pesk Boogie in Jokic and Nurkic.

I'm mainly just interested in hearing how Malone is received. I hope he gets a standing ovation. Otherwise.. I've sadly lost hope. I've been proclaiming playoffs to all my NBA buddies all year... definitely not going to hear the end of that. Not that I miss the days of Lins and Wosses... but we cant even look forward to losses now because of the pick swap.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm mainly just interested in hearing how Malone is received. I hope he gets a standing ovation. Otherwise.. I've sadly lost hope. I've been proclaiming playoffs to all my NBA buddies all year... definitely not going to hear the end of that. Not that I miss the days of Lins and Wosses... but we cant even look forward to losses now because of the pick swap.
Malone will get a very warm welcome. You can count on it.

you've got to win these two. you've got to give it your all in the push for these playoffs.

Roster moves be damed, do not fall over at the first sign of adversity.

we are a mess. if this becomes ugly then yeah there may not be much to come back to - new GM, new coach, complete clean of house with Demarcus the most likely last to go in it all. A slow and sad death.

Sean Cunningham ‏@SeanCunningham 15m15 minutes ago
Both Omri Casspi and Marco Belinelli did not practice today for Kings due to dental related issues.
What the living hell does DENTAL RELATED ISSUES mean??!

They both needed to get their teeth cleaned the same night?
After almost 2 weeks off, their teeth are still affecting them and stopping them from playing?
This sounds like they are trolling (i.e. "He he - how silly can we make our reasons for not playing? I know - *snicker* let's have TWO GUYS have teeth issues LOL - yeah, that'll show 'em").

Guys, this sure looks like the team is making it clear (through various ways - this is one of them) that they have zero respect (and I don't blame them) for the front office or the coaches , and they are planning on mailing in the effort the rest of the year (other than the occasional flurry of effort to save themselves face from time to time).

This is shaping up to be one of the worst "second-halves" of the season in Kings history.

We all should know soon, since this first quarter against the Nuggets may well be a signal/harbinger for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
What the living hell does DENTAL RELATED ISSUES mean??!

They both needed to get their teeth cleaned the same night?
After almost 2 weeks off, their teeth are still affecting them and stopping them from playing?
This sounds like they are trolling (i.e. "He he - how silly can we make our reasons for not playing? I know - *snicker* let's have TWO GUYS have teeth issues LOL - yeah, that'll show 'em").

Guys, this sure looks like the team is making it clear (through various ways - this is one of them) that they have zero respect (and I don't blame them) for the front office or the coaches , and they are planning on mailing in the effort the rest of the year (other than the occasional flurry of effort to save themselves face from time to time).

This is shaping up to be one of the worst "second-halves" of the season in Kings history.

We all should know soon, since this first quarter against the Nuggets may well be a signal/harbinger for the rest of the season.
Omri's reportedly was something to do with Wisdom teeth. Wasn't stated what was wrong with them or how it happened if it was an accident. And if they're taken care of today, I would think he could play tomorrow. Omri isn't one I would think would play those games. Who knows, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Omri's reportedly was something to do with Wisdom teeth. Wasn't stated what was wrong with them or how it happened if it was an accident. And if they're taken care of today, I would think he could play tomorrow. Omri isn't one I would think would play those games. Who knows, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
If it is wisdom teeth, he might have missed practice because he was on pain killers. My wife had hers taken out in December and they gave her some pain meds that had her loopy for a solid 24-36 hours. Grant it, she is a short and skinny woman, lol.

If it is wisdom teeth, he might have missed practice because he was on pain killers. My wife had hers taken out in December and they gave her some pain meds that had her loopy for a solid 24-36 hours. Grant it, she is a short and skinny woman, lol.
I don't remember if the tweet said he had the procedure or whatever done today or simply he didn't practice today because of the wisdom teeth. Possible it was actually done earlier in the week? Find out tomorrow.

Bricklayer

I had all 4 out on local anesthesia when I was 23. When the meds wore off the pain was pretty bad. My advice would be to stay on meds for 24-36 hours:)
Wisdom teeth are odd in that people react to them entirely differently. In high school I knew a girl who looked like a chipmunk for a solid week after having them out. When I finally had mine done in law school I lived about a mile from the hospital, was annoyed I had to have a friend come meet me before they'd let me walk home, and was feeling around and just popped out the gauze while we were walking across the bridge home. Very little blood, and she gave up and left after about an hour when it was obvious I was pretty much back to normal and not in need of babying (I misplayed that btw). Sure, sure, tough guy and all that, but realistically I just did not have much blood or swelling, and the pain was just an annoying achey thing for a couple of hours, and that was that.

But like I say, I've known people for whom it was a huge thing, and it doesn't seem to follow any pattern of man/woman, tough guy/wuss or anything else. You just never know with that one. Omri might come out tomorrow and kind hearted people will be showering the court with nuts.