[Game] Kings v. Mavericks - Thursday, March 21 - 7PT/10ET

“So they made the right call, which they do 99 percent of the time”

I wonder if all the other league announcers fawn over the refs than I’ll just chalk it up to the league emphasizing it in those meetings all the teams media have in New York before the season.

It seems at this point that “They get it right most of the time” and “best refs in the world” are almost new catch phrases. Like it’s programmed like “if ya don’t like that...” or obligatory like upcoming events at G1C.

It would make sense considering NBA refs are actually considered the most shady out of all the big leagues but are also the most protected from criticism

I don't care what anyone says - Harrison Barnes has made the Kings better!

And damn, DeFox takes my breath away. That dunk is gonna be on all the highlight reels.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!
I mean the record with him/without him wouldn’t jump out at that, but he’s skilled. I thought his presence would be more pronounced.

I still can see him as a glue 5th guy

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
“So they made the right call, which they do 99 percent of the time”

I wonder if all the other league announcers fawn over the refs than I’ll just chalk it up to the league emphasizing it in those meetings all the teams media have in New York before the season.

It seems at this point that “They get it right most of the time” and “best refs in the world” are almost new catch phrases. Like it’s programmed like “if ya don’t like that...” or obligatory like upcoming events at G1C.

It would make sense considering NBA refs are actually considered the most shady out of all the big leagues but are also the most protected from criticism
I don't watch that many games with other announcing teams, but when I do I don't recall hearing the ref-worship that goes on from Grant. It's almost as bad as him pointing out an "obvious" call against the Kings while the officials are standing right there next to him reviewing the play. That drives me even more insane. You know the officials are thinking, "Well, if even the Kings announcers think it's a foul on the Kings, it must be."

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
What he's saying on-court tho with him being more of a PF, is probably spot on.
We saw the same transition happen with Lebron.

He started out as almost exclusively a lead guard and then got even better as he turned into a fullblown power forward (this was largely due to him playing with peak Wade more than anything).

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I don't watch that many games with other announcing teams, but when I do I don't recall hearing the ref-worship that goes on from Grant. It's almost as bad as him pointing out an "obvious" call against the Kings while the officials are standing right there next to him reviewing the play. That drives me even more insane. You know the officials are thinking, "Well, if even the Kings announcers think it's a foul on the Kings, it must be."
Grant is probably the sorta guy who calls the cops on jaywalkers.

Was much worse when Joey was still reffing.

Marvin not making bucket tonight but getting where he wants to go
Marvin has really done an exceptional job with staying a step ahead of his defender... since hes returned

the kings bigs do an exemplary job at running the floor. HS coaches around the country would be smart to show their bigs the way the Kings bigs bust their ass down the floor.. It's the way the game is supposed to be played...

Last edited: