[Game] Kings v. Mavericks - Thursday, March 21 - 7PT/10ET

22 pts, 12 rbs, 4 blks

Had I never seen these teams play and only been told that the presumptive RoY was playing, I'd assume it was Marvin.
Luka can have the ROTY trophy and bring it over to Tyreke Evans house to compare. I’m more interested in ending up with the more impactful player in the long term. And I think the KINGS may have found him.

FWIW, I’m in the midst of a disagreement with one of my buddies today regarding Bagley v. Zion. He said he’d trade MB3 for Zion straight up. I think that’s buying too much into the Zion hype and excitement over his dunks. Furthermore, MB3 has now become somewhat of known quantity in the NBA with the potential to be a lot better. Zion is still an unknown.

I wouldn’t do it. Nor would I trade MB3 for anyone from this past draft class. I wouldn’t trade Swipa for any of them either. In 2-3 years, I think they’ll be the best players.

While I get that Zion is a freak athlete for his size, he’s still undersized height wise in the NBA and I don’t think he’ll ever be LBJ or KD with his handles, playmaking and perimeter game. Even if he does, I still hold concern over players that are undersized and rely largely upon their athleticism. Once that athleticism starts to decline, so do they.

I think MB3 has more potential to develop some Giannis/KD like skills. While he’ll still be a BIG rather than a wing, his ability to take guys off the dribble, shoot the 3, willingness to pass to open teammates and defensive potential makes him special. In short, I’ll wager that he’ll be able to do anything Zion might be able to do while still being taller and longer. Zion has the dunk excitement factor a la Dominique Wilkins, Vince Carter and Blake Griffin that really increases the hype. Big deal.

Last edited:
Fox is faster n more explosive. Has much quicker feet, which gives him greater upside on defense.

Ja has wide shoulders, which should enable him to transition to the NBA well. He’s athletic. Plays a bit reckless and can get to the rim in college.

His shot looks a bit flat, but should be fine. I would rate Fox as the better prospect coming out of college, bcz of his ability to be a two way star. Ja looks like a beast though n is going to make whoever gets the second pick very happy.

The player he reminds me the most coming out of college is actually Dame. Bigger than Dame. Neither were lights out shooters outta college.

Regarding Fox v Morant, I certainly hope you’re right. Both players are overflowing with talent and potential. I hope Swipa reaches the higher mountain. That said, I do feel that Ja Morant is going to be a special player too. In 3-4 years time, I think it’s possible that he develops into the best player from the upcoming draft. He’s really good.