[Game] Kings v. Knicks - Sunday, March 4 - 6 PT

Whew. Harry Giles just about knocked Skal off his feet.

I've never seen a T called in a circumstance like that before. So nit-picky.

I like Skal. Such a humble young man, but he's really growing into a role with a real future with the Kings.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!
I have. And, like @New Era said above, the Knicks had no timeouts, so it is considered a live play. I've actually seen it called many times before.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
If the Knicks had a timeout, sure, because they'd have called it. They were literally trying to inbound the ball with the Kings having 6 players on the floor. I don't know how to argue against that one.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If the Knicks had a timeout, sure, because they'd have called it. They were literally trying to inbound the ball with the Kings having 6 players on the floor. I don't know how to argue against that one.
I don't disagree. I'm simply saying I cannot recall the last time I saw that.

I have. And, like @New Era said above, the Knicks had no timeouts, so it is considered a live play. I've actually seen it called many times before.
Many times? MANY?

so Zbo did not sit this one out after all :p

Skal playing well(14 pts, 6 rb, 3 ast, 3 blks). Still gets backed in easily under the basket though.., but definitely not looking confused any more...

Couple of observations from being at the game.

We were pretty low right near the area where Skal nailed that shot. It looked smooth, complete confidence, a thing of beauty.

And boy did we dodge a bullet by not going with the "proper" pick in Mudiay, I know many of us didn't want him or myself. But he looked absolutely terrible out there.

Whew. Harry Giles just about knocked Skal off his feet.

I like Skal. Such a humble young man, but he's really growing into a role with a real future with the Kings.

I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!
Skal is the wildcard here with Fox showing great potential, what we’ve seen from Bogie, and what we hear about Giles...if Skal can stand out here we have something really special (knock on wood)

Me, too! I really think, at the risk of somebody telling me I'm way too optimistic, Bogs is going to be a very good player for the Kings. :)
Can't believe three hours went by and nobody said "but but but but but but he's TWENTY FIVE YEARS OLD". Maybe the buzzkill patrol is taking a night off.

Was at the game right by Vlade, Bobby and Peja when that final shot when in - it was bonkers so exciting to be up close. Vlade called Kosta over and said "what happened" and Kosta told him "Zach got a T for running out to high-five Skal". Killer memory to be in that spot at that time.

The comaraderie with this team is just off the chain. Something I don't know if anybody has mentioned or notices but Shump is totally involved on the bench - seems like a truly stellar teammate. Maybe he can be "one of the vets" next year.

Fun game. Skal and bogie stood out, buddy and mason also looked good.

Jackson needs to hit his threes. It seems like he never makes them and he gets open opportunities a lot. For him to become even an average offensive player he needs to shoot better.

It looks like we will be falling in the draft, but for now I like watching these wins. Come draft day I might feel differently..

I definitely like watching the Randolph-less games a lot more. If only we could somehow trade him this offseason.

Anyone else want to agree with me now Bogdan can average 19-21 points a game next year? He scored 22 on 11 shots.
1) He is deadly running the pick and roll, especially now he is more willing to shoot if they give him space.
2) Teammates are starting to pass out the ball to open shooters
3) His step back is becoming more and more effective.
And.....he has great big giant brass balls! My favorite King since JWill

Fun game. Skal and bogie stood out, buddy and mason also looked good.

Jackson needs to hit his threes. It seems like he never makes them and he gets open opportunities a lot. For him to become even an average offensive player he needs to shoot better.

It looks like we will be falling in the draft, but for now I like watching these wins. Come draft day I might feel differently..

I definitely like watching the Randolph-less games a lot more. If only we could somehow trade him this offseason.
Nothing we can really do about it in games like this. We're not running ZBO 40 minutes a game and letting him run the offense anymore and the young guys are taking the reins and starting to make big plays. As much as I'm for the Lin brigade, how can I be mad at a Skal game-winner and him continuing a good stretch of games? Or Bogdan being dominant with 22-7 on 11 shots?

I'll accept our fate if we continue to keep the rotation featuring Fox/Bogdan/JJ/Skal/WCS/Mason/Buddy to finish out the season.

Anyone else want to agree with me now Bogdan can average 19-21 points a game next year? He scored 22 on 11 shots.
1) He is deadly running the pick and roll, especially now he is more willing to shoot if they give him space.
2) Teammates are starting to pass out the ball to open shooters
3) His step back is becoming more and more effective.
I thought he’d be a 15-5 guy but now I’m with you and he’ll keep getting better. We need to surround him with shooter (Fox as well) Skal should space the floor well

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You've seen many times where a technical was called with less than 2 seconds left on the clock because someone stepped onto the court and the other team didn't have any time outs left? Sorry, dude. I ain't buyin' it. I ain't even renting it. Hell, I ain't even stepping onto the lot and taking it for a test drive.