[Game] Kings v. Jazz - Wednesday, Oct. 17 - 7 PDT

Bagley I think did not get minutes because the game was too fast for him on the defensive end... but he looked promising to me. Giles though looked overwhelmed. Another positive from this game is that we figured out we should not play Shump :) (if only we would listen to @Joshua)

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Great game. Couldn't ask anything more of this team. They played D, they put great pressure on the Jazz guards, and played about as physical as you could ask for, with the exception of not getting on the floor for a couple of loose balls. A lot of fouls were committed because this young team was putting out the effort on the defensive end (and of course there were some bad calls), but those are sins of commission, not omission; I'll take that. Loved the effort. Stein played the best game I've see him play against a quality center. I love Yogi. Talk about grit. That kid has it. With Fox and Yogi they have the opportunity to really put the pressure on opposing guards. They got killed by Ingles, but Fox totally outplayed Rubio and Yogi and Co. put the pressure on Mitchell to make him a volume shooter. Next up: the Pelicans. Consistent effort is going to be the key to the season. Let's see if they can do it two games in a row.

was very impressed with Willie's moves going at Gobert, he had a handful of CLEAN advanced takes going right at him.. he had some spectacular stretches.

Fox was very good, it seeemed like the Kings were winning the action when he was in the game, and Rubio was nearly invisible. He a handful of defensive plays.

Yogi looks likehe's gonna be worth his weight in gold on that contract, very exciting.

Utahs frontcourt goes an insane 23/29 from the field, Favors completely overwhelmed anyone near him in the post, Giles looked particularly helpless. Luckily teams arent all built like Utah upfront.

Achilles heel seemed like the SG position though. Exum and Burks off the bench had a major impact. Hield was a bit too sloppy. Shump looked out of sync.

The start of the 2nd half was great! This team fought well. Good game and they put up a ton of points vs a stout defense.

Jackson. The way yogi played Ingles, I’m not sure they couldn’t have gone 3 gaurd lineup all night. Giles looked overwhelmed, but I thought bagley was solid in his minutes. Willie played a great game, but he seemed gassed at the end. Not sure he can be a 35+ minute guy and still be effective.
I'm going to assume much of those Jackson minutes are gobbled up by Bogdan when he comes back but yeah there could be minutes there. Ideally we see the number 35 next to the minutes per game category of Buddy, Bogdan, and Fox this year on average.

I agree, I think 38 is a bit long winded for Willie and it showed toward the end. I'm not sure how much it effects him now but remember he came into the league with questions about his stamina due to his sickle cell.

My main question mark was on Fox offensively tonight, very relieved to see him come through with 21 points, 7 assists. Keep it up De'Aaron !

I hope Fox etched his name into that painted area tonight. It belongs to him now! Steer clear big men. That mid range pick and roll shot is something he can base his game around. Very Andre Miller like tonight.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I don't know weather to be really impressed with the Kings or really nervous for the Jazz. This game was not what I expected out of either team.

Good luck until we play you guys again. It feels like this is a good game to build on for a young team.
I was tempted to quote your "the Kings won't score 96" post but I really don't know what to think anymore. It's not like the Jazz suck but I don't think the Kings are good enough to make your D look as back as they did.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Bagley I think did not get minutes because the game was too fast for him on the defensive end... but he looked promising to me. Giles though looked overwhelmed. Another positive from this game is that we figured out we should not play Shump :) (if only we would listen to @Joshua)
Yeah, Gobert/Favors (probably the best defensive front line in the game) probably isn't a good matchup for two dudes making their NBA debuts. Their third "big" being Jae Crowder probably didn't help matters either.

Bagley and Giles looked good during the preseason so I'm not too worried.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
was very impressed with Willie's moves going at Gobert, he had a handful of CLEAN advanced takes going right at him.. he had some spectacular stretches.

Fox was very good, it seeemed like the Kings were winning the action when he was in the game, and Rubio was nearly invisible. He a handful of defensive plays.

Yogi looks likehe's gonna be worth his weight in gold on that contract, very exciting.

Utahs frontcourt goes an insane 23/29 from the field, Favors completely overwhelmed anyone near him in the post, Giles looked particularly helpless. Luckily teams arent all built like Utah upfront.

Achilles heel seemed like the SG position though. Exum and Burks off the bench had a major impact. Hield was a bit too sloppy. Shump looked out of sync.

The start of the 2nd half was great! This team fought well. Good game and they put up a ton of points vs a stout defense.
Thankfully our best SG is coming back in a week to shore that position up though.

Wow, I loved what I heard from Willie in the interview. I hope he has that dedication and makes those sacrifices to improve his game.

That's why it's good to have smart vets like Rondo around at times. You hope the young guys pick up on things and learn how to be a pro.

I was tempted to quote your "the Kings won't score 96" post but I really don't know what to think anymore. It's not like the Jazz suck but I don't think the Kings are good enough to make your D look as back as they did.
I expected someone to quote it. Last year we really shut teams down in the second half. Anyway, not sure what the deal was.

Wow, I loved what I heard from Willie in the interview. I hope he has that dedication and makes those sacrifices to improve his game.

That's why it's good to have smart vets like Rondo around at times. You hope the young guys pick up on things and learn how to be a pro.
For those of us who didn't hear it, what did he say? I'm guessing he didn't say anything about being paid.