[Game] Kings v. Jazz - Wednesday, Oct. 17 - 7 PDT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Once again into the breech, dear friends...and fellow Kings fans.

I don't know if Tetsujin has a game thread in the works but since it isn't posted yet and I'm about ready to head out the door to begin my annual trek down out of the forest back into civilization, I'll start this and let one of the other mods do any merging, moving, etc. that might be necessary.

I've been doing this for a lot of years. Each time, though, is a little different. One thing that never changes, however, is my love of the Kings and the game of basketball. Each year I spend a moment thinking about how much my dad would have loved this - he was the reason I love basketball and although he died the year before the Kings came to town, I know he'd be a huge Kings fan. My mom was a Kings fan, my daughter is a Kings fan and my granddaughters are Kings fans. When I say it's in our blood, I'm not kidding.

Being a Kings fan is not for the faint of heart. It is, however, for those who love the game, who love fellow fans and who, through thick and thin, continue to believe that someday, somehow we'll get to the end of the rainbow.

I love moderating this board. I love interacting with Kings fans of all ages from everywhere around the globe. It's something I never thought I'd do that now I can't imagine not doing. We are Kings fans. We are dysfunctional, we are argumentative, we are testy but we ARE Kings fans.

Our young team is full of confidence and hope. They are going to experience something tonight that will, I hope, prove to them that we are the best fans in the NBA. Opening night in Sacramento is as electric and magical as you could possibly imagine. It's a good time to be a Kings fan!

Once, now and forever...I LOVE THIS TEAM!

GO KINGS!

That's your one.
That is all I am going to need. Good luck.

I have said it before but I think it bears repeating. If I had the 1st overall pick I think I would have taken Bagley. I want to see how he develops and I am excited to follow his progress. I don't know how well he will do attacking the paint with Gobert and Favors in the middle but it will be fun to watch.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This is actually probably the best lineup to counter the Jazz defense to star the game. Bjeli is a good outside shooter who can at least alleviate some of the hellish post problems the Kings will have with Gobert. Ferrell can really help Fox handle some of the guard pressure.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Kings not starting their number 2 overall pick because of Bjelica...yup sounds about right -__-
The best defensive big man in the league is probably not an ideal matchup for your 2nd overall pick to make his starting debut against. Also have the feeling Joerger likes Bagley and Giles together as a unit.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
He would be on Favors I'd imagine, not Gobert. Let Willie get eaten up by 27
Both sets of bigs are largely interchangeable though. Putting Bjeli out as the starter forces the Jazz to stick Favors out on the perimeter whereas Bagley's shot isn't quite consistent enough for him to draw that guy out. Not saying I necessarily agree but I don't think Joerger's decision is as dumb as you think it is.