[Game] Kings v. Hawks - Wednesday, Jan. 30 - 7PT/10ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Man...I'm already craving another performance from our young bigs. How am I expected to wait until Saturday for our next game? I'm going to have withdrawal symptoms.
When's the last time this happened? It's a great time to be a Kings fan. Do what I do. Record the games...you can rewatch the good ones to fill in the dry days.

I'm still in utter shock Yogi basically did not play for the first 20-30 game, the guys energy, ball movement is exactly when the 2nd unit needs and they acted like he was some scrub who couldn't beat out Mason.
My take on this is that, since Yogi was a veteran, they had a reasonably good idea of what he could give the team. With Mason, they wanted to see how he could do as the #2 point guard. Mason had the role for a while, and when Yogi got his turn, it was clear that he was much better, so the role is now his.

layup line at the beginning of this game (and in a lot of games) is that the perimeter players were allowing penetration. Fox could not stay with Young going over every pick (?) trailing way behind which made the defense adjust resulting in easy dishes for Young. It got better after the first timeout when WCS switched with Bjelica since WCS is better at defending his own man AND the guard's man than Bjelica is, but it was still not good enough. It got better when Young sat down. And it really got better when Yogi came in. that's how I read the first quarter (watched it twice).