[Game] Kings v Grizzlies - Thursday, Jan. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Yes, they are.
Yeah, but there is nuances in there.

The system Walton put together without Fox and Bagley work in a way that is similar to GSW with lots of dribble drives and pick-n-roll into 3 point shooters spacing the floor. When Fox/Bagley came back, they took significant minutes and so their relative lack of outside shooting exposed the team's weakness. So it's easy to get to the conclusion of "Maybe we are better without Fox".

Don't want to ruin the mood.....

On the radio Walton said there was no update on Bogi, meaning, something did happen.

Hopefully it is day to day.
Leo Beas @beasleo
Talking to Bogi right now about his ankle. It's his right but he's in good spirits. Said it wasn't his Achilles which is good. Says it hurts a little but he feels like he'll be fine. We'll have an official word tomorrow.

Leo Beas @beasleo
Talking to Bogi right now about his ankle. It's his right but he's in good spirits. Said it wasn't his Achilles which is good. Says it hurts a little but he feels like he'll be fine. We'll have an official word tomorrow.
Bogi needs to stop playing basketball all year around. He needs to stop playing Euro ball in the summer, so he can heal his body.

He's not a young pup anymore and those miles are wearing down his body. If the Kings re-sign him to a lucrative contract, I would stipulate he needs to not play international ball anymore.

People who thought the team was better without Fox are crazy
I think most said the team is better when Fox plays crap defense which he has for much of the year. He got up for Morant tonight. He needs to play good fundamental defense every night. Not only does it help on the defensive end but it feeds the fast break.

a marginal shooting Fox playing poor defense is a negative for the Kings...

a defensively locked in Fox who uses that defense to initiate the fast break is a huge positive.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
With the exception of Fox and Holmes, it was a tooth-pulling experience. The Fox Factor inched out Stupidity to win this one. The Dumb & Dumber play has just got to go for this team to to be good, or there has to be trades to increase this team's collective IQ. Too much dribble dribble hero ball from guys who are mediocre to poor dribbling the ball. Too much taking 3 point shots early in the clock while being closely defended. Too much dribbling laterally, going nowhere. With Bogs going down possibly for an extended period I'm hoping that Justin James gets a LOT more playing time. I can see him working nicely with Giles: Unlike others on this team, James can actually can cut to the basket with alacrity and get some easy finishes from Giles passes. Also, he can play defense, which, by the way, was horrid in the first quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.