[Game] Kings v. 76ers - 12/26/16 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

I go back and forth with Rudy.. the record without him is good. Part of me though think he's a talented player that could still work if incorporated properly

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I go back and forth with Rudy.. the record without him is good. Part of me though think he's a talented player that could still work if incorporated properly
You can bring in multiple different coaches, all with different schemes. The one constant is the inability of Gay and Cousins to mesh together that result in consistently winning games.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You would think at some point Rudy has to take a long look in the mirror and say to himself his style is not conducive to winning basketball. Its a shame because he has the physical tools to affect the game in different ways.
He has the physical tools but I honestly don't know if he has the hunger.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
You can bring in multiple different coaches, all with different schemes. The one constant is the inability of Gay and Cousins to mesh together that result in consistently winning games.
It would closer to the truth to say that the one constant has been our inability to surround Cousins and Gay with 3 more NBA level starters/10 more NBA level players.

It would also give the team a boost for Collison to get his head out of his butt

I understand he's been through an ordeal to start the season, but gotta go to work

S

sactownfan

He has the physical tools but I honestly don't know if he has the hunger.
Here's my 2 cents... when he came to this team he was like many that do in need of some credit rehabilitation. His first year he was highly effective and efficient. Then ego took over along with the coaching instability and once again he went wild back to the bad traits that made him a disaster. He didn't think we could win so he might as well take care of himself and it sucked.

Now which the team being on a roll without him I think he realizes that he's going to have to play team ball tonight and moving forward otherwise it would be an indictment on his play. So... I think ultimately he has to be traded but until then he will do whatever he can to not be the reason we lose and play team ball.

Hopefully

It would closer to the truth to say that the one constant has been our inability to surround Cousins and Gay with 3 more NBA level starters/10 more NBA level players.
True, but I think with Rudy his game has always been one of isolation... as in he takes bad shots all the time and really doesn't seem to care about the degree of difficulty. The problem is the results part of it. He just doesn't produce and as much as he loves to isolate, the effect is that it completely stops our offense. Rudy is at best the 3rd guy in the pecking order. Unfortunately for us, we have always used him as a number 2 option, which is where your point comes into play.

I would love it if he can come in with a team approach but I'm not holding my breath. That's not his game and never has been. Not good at creating, dribbling, or passing really limits him and in effect, the team. He would be great off the bench where he can be the number one option.