[Game] Kings @ Trailblazers - 12/28/16 - 7PT/10ET

PG - Collison (22 min) / Lawson (26 min)
SG - Temple (14 min) / Afflalo (26 min) / Collison (6 min)
SF - Gay (34 min) / Temple (14 min)
PF - Tolliver (24 min) / Casspi (24 min)
C - Cousins (36 min) / Koufos (12 min)

Cousins - 36 min
Gay - 34 min
Temple - 30 min
Collison - 28 min
Lawson - 26 min
Afflalo - 26 min
Tolliver - 24 min
Casspi - 24 min
Koufos - 12 min

No more McLemore, Barnes, Cauley-Stein, or double C lineups. Make it happen, coach.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Matt non chalant passing the entire game and a plethora of defensive mistakes, Collison doing absolutely nothing out there besides doing a CP3 dribbling impression with half the talent. Ben just looking like his entire cognitive dissonance was swapped with a toddler. I don't know what to think about this game. Rotations have been awful as well

SLAB

Hall of Famer
You have to assume McBen all but gift-wrapped the starting position back to Afflalo whenever he gets healthy.

So we have that to look forward to.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Critical moment when we were making a run at the beginning of the 4th, then Ben just throws a no look left handed pass out of bounds to the top of the three and craps the bed defensively along with Collison dribbling for 12 seconds of the shot clock pointing around

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Until they prove anything close to .500 is sustainable, a bad loss sending the fanbase into a bottomless pit of pessimism is to be expected.

Why should I or many else think this little win streak is finally the little win streak that begins an Ascension 10 years in the waiting?

Right now, I still think they're the sub-500 team I've always thought they were. I'll happily take the good. I'll expect the bad. But I won't change my mind until they show something (anything) with consistency.

Kings fans are just conditioned to assume that the Kings suck after every single loss.
Blazers were without their best player...Lillard. We just got blown out by them.
Kings also barely won vs. the worst team in the NBA 2 nights ago too. It's really hard not to be critical of these Kings...especially when they make it so easy.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Blazers were without their best player...Lillard. We just got blown out by them.
Kings also barely won vs. the worst team in the NBA 2 nights ago too. It's really hard not to be critical of these Kings...especially when they make it so easy.
Kings were also missing their second best player.

The Sixers game was awful but this time around, the team was just missing open shot after open shot, usually trustworthy performers just laid eggs, and the Blazers were playing really inspired ball.

S

sactownfan

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Neither of those pieces probably help pick up enough of the slack when teams decide to smother Boogie like they did tonight. Nice piece are nice but you still need another guy to will his way to buckets.

Even the Adelman Kings had Mike Bibby.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Neither of those pieces probably help pick up enough of the slack when teams decide to smother Boogie like they did tonight. Nice piece are nice but you still need another guy to will his way to buckets.

Even the Adelman Kings had Mike Bibby.
I agree with you on that. I just don't agree that Rudy is that guy. We've lost to lesser teams with Rudy suited up.

And a guard capable of hitting a 3 would prevent a team from smothering Cuz in the first place.

He's the only player over 6'4", besides Cousins, to show up tonight. [Refers to KK]
Not true!
Casspi (6'9'') was the ONLY King with a high positive Net Rtg tonight, even if you count in DMC as well.
(If you don't like advanced stats, he was also the only one with a non-negative +/-).
While he wasn't great, Casspi actually made his shots (67%), didn't make mistakes, and was our best rebounder, and perhaps assister, per minute.
If you wanna talk D, Omri also contested more opponent shots in his 13 minutes, than a D-master like Temple did in 31 minutes...

So there you have another guy with length who showed up.

He just wasn't shown the court time you would expect, with everyone else in his position either out or struggling... :(

A pitty, IMHO

Last edited:

gunks

Hall of Famer
Not true!
Casspi (6'9'') was the ONLY King with a high positive Net Rtg tonight, even if you count in DMC as well.
(If you don't like advanced stats, he was also the only one with a non-negative +/-).
While he wasn't great, Casspi actually made his shots (67%), didn't make mistakes, and was our best rebounder, and perhaps assister, per minute.
If you wanna talk D, Omri also contested more opponent shots in his 13 minutes, than a D-master like Temple did in 31 minutes...

So there you have another long guy who showed up.

He just wasn't shown the court time you would expect, with everyone else in his position either out or struggling... :(

A pitty, IMHO
Yeah, dunno why he's in the dog house. He makes dumb mistakes, but so does Barnes. At least Casspi hits his shots and rebounds.