Kings trade rumor SZN 2023-2024 edition!

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Rumor has him going to Philadelphia and I believe it they have max cap, Embiid (both from the Sam country), and as important they have Nurse. I put it at 99% he’s in Philly next year
I have heard that and while I'm not an oddsmaker I would put it at 99% he's either back in Toronto or Philly.

I knew about Embiid but totally forgot about the Nurse connection.

Now you've lost it and resorting to relying on the infamous "straw man". Time to live with reality. Good luck to you.

Oh, be sure to put me on "Ignore" if the truth is such a bother. End of replies.
No, he is right on this. If a coach has lost the locker room, they are almost always gone by the end of the season or sooner. Coaches who have lost their players don't stick around for 2 or 3 more seasons.

I have heard that and while I'm not an oddsmaker I would put it at 99% he's either back in Toronto or Philly.

I knew about Embiid but totally forgot about the Nurse connection.
I don’t see how he wouldn’t go there they sell him on that previous stuff plus being a championship contender. Unlike Toronto they can afford to pay him full max and don’t have a playoff ceiling that I think Toronto will have. I’m not trading anything for Siakiam

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I don’t see how he wouldn’t go there they sell him on that previous stuff plus being a championship contender. Unlike Toronto they can afford to pay him full max and don’t have a playoff ceiling that I think Toronto will have. I’m not trading anything for Siakiam
Well he has insisted that he wants to stay in Toronto. I don't get it, but it would be weird for him to have been consistent for the last two years on that point. Philly makes sense if he leaves, but it's just hard to ignore. He likes it there.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Clearly, if Brown gets fired in 2029, it's because of the players didn't like playing for him in 2024. That's how this works :D
You know what's weird is there's a whole other part of the Kings fandom on twitter complaining Brown is too soft because he let Fox and Domas duck out of the podium presser following the loss the other night.

If Brown is so hard, how is it we didn't hear a bad word from Holmes all last season even though it was clear Brown saw no role for him?

How come Keegan never said a lick every single night that James Ham teed him up to s-talk Brown with questions like "How frustrating is it for you to be reduced to a spot shooter in Coach Brown's offense?"

Brown has these guys sign a deal stating specifically that they know their assigned role and that both sides are accountable to fulfilling it. I can get that maybe with Sasha there is a bit of disappointment the game minutes aren't there yet, but the core guys that have been happy and enjoying their best career moments under Brown, it would make no sense that they are all secretly plotting his overthrow. With only a handful of internet posters privy to this mutiny in wait.

This is strictly my opinion though, no inside dirt.

Those numbers though can be wrong. Barnes could be right but who knows. I watched a youtube vid where the Raptors measured Scottie Barnes and their wingspan measurement came out like 2+ inches longer than the combine. Plus with standing reach we've seen guys blow it so their vertical looks better so who knows.

Also, I don't think Keegan was actually measured was he? Those are Kris' measurements. Either way it's easy to see that Keegan has length for days. Narrow shoulders but his standing reach is right up there with some centers.
Yeah I mentioned they were Kris Murray’s measurements as a proxy.

Just saw that blurb posted about the Bulls interest in Huerter. Hmmm.... onto the last domino for Monte now that Siakam is a no go?
As much as it kills me, it is starting to look like a 2 for 1 type deal does make sense. Assuming we don't have to add any picks to Huerter/HB, I think it does make some sense. Reports have the Bulls want to stay competitive too, so a couple "win-now" type pieces like Huerter and HB do make sense if they want to stay in the race. Have to make sure Monk is on board and is fine coming off the bench long-term.

Fox 34 || Keon 10 || Monk 4
Lavine 23 || Monk 25
Keegs 34 || Lavine 11 || Random 3
Lyles 28 || Sasha 20
Domas 34 || Len 14

Fox: 34
Domas: 34
Lavine: 34
Keegs: 34
Monk: 29
Lyles: 28
Sasha: 20
Len: 14
Keon: 10
Random: 3

Have to hope LaVine buys into team ball, but I think this sort of rotation would make some sense and gives you a chance to be a special offensive squad if LaVine buys into what we do here.

As much as it kills me, it is starting to look like a 2 for 1 type deal does make sense. Assuming we don't have to add any picks to Huerter/HB, I think it does make some sense. Reports have the Bulls want to stay competitive too, so a couple "win-now" type pieces like Huerter and HB do make sense if they want to stay in the race. Have to make sure Monk is on board and is fine coming off the bench long-term.

Fox 34 || Keon 10 || Monk 4
Lavine 23 || Monk 25
Keegs 34 || Lavine 11 || Random 3
Lyles 28 || Sasha 20
Domas 34 || Len 14

Fox: 34
Domas: 34
Lavine: 34
Keegs: 34
Monk: 29
Lyles: 28
Sasha: 20
Len: 14
Keon: 10
Random: 3

Have to hope LaVine buys into team ball, but I think this sort of rotation would make some sense and gives you a chance to be a special offensive squad if LaVine buys into what we do here.
It was always the move that made sense if Monte's top options failed and they did, first OG and now Siakam. If Monte can keep his picks that still gives him more room to find defenders with future capital. The Warriors are interested and they can beat a Kings offer if the Bulls want youth but I think even the Warriors would shy away from that contract.

You know what's weird is there's a whole other part of the Kings fandom on twitter complaining Brown is too soft because he let Fox and Domas duck out of the podium presser following the loss the other night.

If Brown is so hard, how is it we didn't hear a bad word from Holmes all last season even though it was clear Brown saw no role for him?

How come Keegan never said a lick every single night that James Ham teed him up to s-talk Brown with questions like "How frustrating is it for you to be reduced to a spot shooter in Coach Brown's offense?"

Brown has these guys sign a deal stating specifically that they know their assigned role and that both sides are accountable to fulfilling it. I can get that maybe with Sasha there is a bit of disappointment the game minutes aren't there yet, but the core guys that have been happy and enjoying their best career moments under Brown, it would make no sense that they are all secretly plotting his overthrow. With only a handful of internet posters privy to this mutiny in wait.

This is strictly my opinion though, no inside dirt.
I bet Sasha gets more time after the deadline (if we move a couple players)

Untitled.jpg

He can be available known for his defensive prowess (according to some sources can defend 1-5), unselfish play, and spot-up 35.8% three-point shooting.

So aggravating

And among the many interesting revelations that were learned during that time, this much is clear: Siakam would not be excited if he were traded to Sacramento.

Considering the Kings were known to be in serious talks with the Raptors about Siakam as recently as Friday, when they ended the talks, this is extremely relevant to the Sacramento calculus at hand. Here are the Kings, winning enough games to earn a fifth-place standing in the Western Conference but routinely losing in the kind of one-sided fashion that raises serious questions about their legitimacy as contenders, and they’re contemplating the notion of trading for a high-level player who is headed toward free agency this summer as a possible solution. To put it in proper pro sports parlance, it would be a rental. According to two league sources, the Kings should have very little — if any — optimism regarding the prospect of Siakam re-signing in the summer if they were to land him. With that in mind, it should surprise no one that the Kings are unwilling to include second-year forward Keegan Murray in a deal (who, by the way, had 32 points while hitting 13 of 17 shots and 5 of 9 3s in a win against Detroit on Tuesday night).

Is there any chance of trading Harrison Barnes for Patrick Williams, straight up?

Fox, Huerter/Monk, P-Will, Murray, Sabonis

... looks a heck of a lot better, on paper, than anything with Barnes in it.

The Kings could be the platform that unlocks Williams and helps him spread his wings, cause of the spacing that Keegan, Huerter and Monk provide. Like the change of scene for Barrett and Quickley have taken them and the Raptors up a level.

And the Bulls might be open to this, since it seems like they need a low usage person, like Barnes, in their lineup while Lavine and DeRozan do their thing. The Bulls might also find this appealing because it gives them another shot with Lavine that could revive his value, rather than trade him for pennies on the dollar.

I wouldn't mind throwing in a future first (with adequate protections?) that converts to 2nds, if it's needed, since P-Will is a recent former #4 pick.

Last edited:
Is there any chance of trading Harrison Barnes for Patrick Williams, straight up?

Fox, Huerter/Monk, P-Will, Murray, Sabonis

... looks a heck of a lot better, on paper, than anything with Barnes in it.

The Kings could be the platform that unlocks Williams and helps him spread his wings, cause of the spacing that Keegan, Huerter and Monk provide. Like the change of scene for Barrett and Quickley have taken them and the Raptors up a level.

And the Bulls might be open to this, since it seems like they need a low usage person, like Barnes, in their lineup while Lavine and DeRozan do their thing. The Bulls might also find this appealing because it gives them another shot with Lavine that could revive his value, rather than trade him for pennies on the dollar.

I wouldn't mind throwing in a future first (with adequate protections?) that converts to 2nds, if it's needed, since P-Will is a recent former #4 pick.
Williams and Barnes are similar usage so that’s not going to be enough of a reason for the Bulls to swap a 22 year old forward for a 31 year old forward. You’re going to need to attach incentive (and that’s even assuming the Bulls are not wanting to keep Williams and rebuild). Then you have the issue that Barnes for Williams doesn’t work money-wise.

I proposed earlier in the thread that we could target Caruso & Williams as a new starting SG and PF combo. With their money combined, you’d need to send one of the following for the dollars to match…
  1. Harrison Barnes
  2. Kevin Huerter
  3. Vezenkov, Duarte, & Mitchell
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bulls would ask for two 1sts to be attached to all 3 of those packages. It’s hard for me to justify surrendering our future 1sts without getting a star/near star talent back. If Murray truly becomes a 2nd option on a championship level team, those assets can probably be spent on role players but it’s a bit of a risk to sell the farm and bet on Murray. I’m optimistic about Keegan and he’s trending in the right direction, but I’d like to see maybe another year where he’s trending up before I sell off some of those assets.

Having said that if you do send out a package of Vezenkov, Duarte, Mitchell, and 2 1sts for Caruso & Williams, the rotation would be pretty darn strong and deep…

PG - Fox (34) / Monk (14)
SG - Caruso (26) / Monk (12) / Huerter (10)
SF - Murray (32) / Huerter (14) / Barnes (2)
PF - Williams (26) / Barnes (22)
C - Sabonis (34) / Lyles (14)

Fox = 34 min
Sabonis = 34 min
Murray = 32 min
Monk = 26 min
Caruso = 26 min
Williams = 26 min
Huerter = 24 min
Barnes = 24 min
Lyles = 14 min

I think we’d easily have the best bench in the league (Monk, Huerter, Barnes, Lyles)

If you can get Caruso and Patrick Williams here for the above package i’d say job well done.
I don’t understand Siakam’s not a good long term fit take. Seems he wants a big market or truely comfortable in Toronto, regardless im over that conversation.
LaVine’s injury history scares me more than anything else about him, otherwise i feel there’s quite a bit to like about his joining the Kings.
Huerter, sorry to rag on the guy, seems like a nice kid, but I truly hope Monte finds a new home for him and Davion. Reckon both need a change of scenery and hope that works out for them.

Hate saying this but what about Lyles as trade piece? I know he has value, could that net us a quality starting 2 or 4 if he was part of a package? Disclaimer…I love Lyles and don’t want to trade him lol