Kings trade Dedmon for Parker and Len (merged)

Like it or hate it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It cracks me up that Atlanta makes the move to get Capela and Nene. Dedmon is now their 2nd or 3rd string center. His geography has changed while his subordinate status remains.
I have no idea what Hawks are doing with the dedmond acquisition. You also have to consider Collins in that front court rotation, who I guess they now view exclusively as a PF.

Still not seeing the genius of all these Memphis trades and all the assets they supposedly collected by taking on contracts. But whatever.

I do like some of the defensive ability they picked up, though.

Len is basically a big body who can give you some solid minutes when you need them. You can throw him out there and not worry he will do too many harmful things. Basically a kosta light if you will. Parker is offensively much better than dedmon was on the kings and 3 games worth of solid D doesnt erase the blackhole he was this year. He missed more wide open looks than i have seen in a long time. So using 2 second rounders to get better (marginally) players to save a good chunk of change to sign bogi and extend fox is well worth it in my book. The only pieces i want the Kings to keep are Fox, Buddy, Bogi, Barnes, Bagley and Holmes are a good core to build around, but they just have to play some damn games together.

Was Dedmon just playing hard to get traded, who knows. I would have liked to see what could have been because he started to look like a good piece.
Nah, he just got minutes. He didn't do well on offense this year but every time he played he looked to be trying defensively. And making an impact at that. It was hard to notice with how flawed the Kings strategy and consistency has been this season.

Nah, he just got minutes. He didn't do well on offense this year but every time he played he looked to be trying defensively. And making an impact at that. It was hard to notice with how flawed the Kings strategy and consistency has been this season.
I don't know man... His passes early in the season were just so bad and forced it almost looked like he was trying to mess up.

I don't know man... His passes early in the season were just so bad and forced it almost looked like he was trying to mess up.
That's mainly because he's really terrible at running offense. LOL. Whether that's early season, late season, last season, next season. haha. Atlanta obviously knows how to use him much better and that usually involves him spotting up or running pick and roll. His passing was better in Atlanta but they don't run high post through him. The issue here was the person who thought putting the ball in his hands in the first place was smart. This dude for his career averages 0.7 apg in a legit 18 mpg. A 0.7 ast to 1 TO ratio. The rest of this season tells us whether or not the Kings are still stuck with the real problem, or that some logic finally enters the picture.

Well we moved two players from our summer adventures that didn’t work out well and kept two in cojo and Holmes so thats was somewhat expected that not everyone works out. Now we have 4 new players and it would be very pleasing if a couple of the new guys would be worth keeping.

Lets hope the team gels with what we have on the roster with what’s left of the season. Then with our 1st round pick and the seconds next year we have a chance to really make some improvements depending on how the dice roll.

The same bloated contract that he was signed to half a season ago by the same FO that offloaded him? That is spinning our wheels, if we are being generous.
And Jabari Parker is that inefficient scoring, little passing and less defense kind of player that this FO seems to love. Yay?
I was just commenting on the trade in a nutshell and not the whole process from initial free agent signing until the end.

They're spinning their wheels for sure but at least they didn't have to give up a real asset to get rid of him. That's what I was afraid was going to happen.

I was just commenting on the trade in a nutshell and not the whole process from initial free agent signing until the end.

They're spinning their wheels for sure but at least they didn't have to give up a real asset to get rid of him. That's what I was afraid was going to happen.
It is crazy that this FO has managed into lowering our expectations to such levels that we are relieved/happy when they manage to rectify their earlier mistakes without totally crapping the bed.

Kings sign Dedmon and Ariza, 40 games later they gone. Word of advice to future free agents, don't sign unless you expect to be traded within a year. With that said, this trade does nothing really but free up some room to give a bit more to Bogdanovic. Len is a soft big man.
Maybe also don't sign if you don't plan to show up and play or else you'll get tossed out like the leeching fraud you are? Hm? These guys are making tens of millions of dollars off of hardworking people's dime and if they don't show up they deserve to get tossed to the curb for someone who will.

Y'all need some self respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.