Kings Swissed-Defense

Seems like every Boxscore post-Cousins trade, opponents are putting up 105pts+......that doesn't seem very Joerger-like to me. Its the old outscore the opponent at all costs, or maybe simply tankness......the Philly swap is gonna suck I think. Watch the Kings get 3 or 4 this year and swap back to 6 to 8. It could be worse though.

None of Hield, Skal or Papa can play much defense right now but that's fairly typical for rookies. Throw in the fact that we don't have a real SF on the roster and you're going to have a swiss cheese defense.

Kofous and Temple are the only guys who can defend consistently on this roster. It's exactly why I don't want us taking a shooter with shaky defense in the draft. The team is pretty lopsided in that sense already.

None of Hield, Skal or Papa can play much defense right now but that's fairly typical for rookies. Throw in the fact that we don't have a real SF on the roster and you're going to have a swiss cheese defense.

Kofous and Temple are the only guys who can defend consistently on this roster. It's exactly why I don't want us taking a shooter with shaky defense in the draft. The team is pretty lopsided in that sense already.
Ya we are playing the rookies to get them playing time. Competing every play is the priority I would guess. The score is not really that important at this point. They are going to look bad at times. Especially on the second night of a back to back against the Spurs who are the home team.

Seems like every Boxscore post-Cousins trade, opponents are putting up 105pts+......that doesn't seem very Joerger-like to me. Its the old outscore the opponent at all costs, or maybe simply tankness......the Philly swap is gonna suck I think. Watch the Kings get 3 or 4 this year and swap back to 6 to 8. It could be worse though.
Don't see 6 or 8 as a problem. It's nice to root for higher but good choices will be there for us. No matter what disaster is not there waiting for us. It's all about the choice.

You're not gonna have a good defense when you play rookies and young players. Even with Cousins, Barnes and playing all the vets our defense was at the bottom third of the league.

It's going to take a while for the youngins to get it on the defensive. I'm just glad to have Temple on the team to show them the way (as well as coaching staff).
Temple was our best signing in years. He is respected top to bottom by the team and is someone who our youth listens to like it's gospel. I'll be honest, I didn't know much about him prior to our signing and thought he would just be another overpaid bench player, but he is the perfect role model to have on the team.

Before the all-star break (and obviously before the Cousins trade) the Kings were allowing opponents to average 106 points per game.

After the trade opponents have averaged 109.3 points per game.

Meanwhile the Kings scoring hasn't really changed - 103 ppg before and 102.7 ppg after.

Their pace has gone up slightly and they've also allowed slightly fewer threes per game while making slightly more (and on better percentages) but overall they've allowed opponents to make 3 more FGs per game (40.8 per game now vs 37.7 per game before).

All of which makes sense when losing your defensive anchor in the middle AND playing young guys more. They are more active on D but make more mistakes.

Temple was our best signing in years. He is respected top to bottom by the team and is someone who our youth listens to like it's gospel. I'll be honest, I didn't know much about him prior to our signing and thought he would just be another overpaid bench player, but he is the perfect role model to have on the team.

I had a knee-jerk reaction when watching his offense which looks fairly average, but he makes up for it in intangibles and defense. In hindsight it was a good signing. I also like Lawson, and really think they should try to resign him.

Okay, I can't resist any longer. What's "swissed-defense"?
Made up phrase....I'm only to watching highlights now for access, but actually now its important to lose, and hope the Sixers and Pelicans both lose. So Swissed-Defense is well aged for the rest of the season.