Kings Sign Eugene Jeter & Justin Williams

Mon,
July 24
Sacramento signs free agents John Salmons, Eugene Jeter and Justin Williams.

Solid I was hoping these guys would get signed, both look too have good potential.

Excellent. Glad JW made the cut. Now all he needs to do is make the team!
JW & Pooh don't have guaranteed contracts like Price? Are they just invited to training camp? It looks like Amundson made the team for sure and has guaranteed $ which is good based on how good he was in the SL.

And do they have to say Eugene??? Pooh sounds so much better, right along with Smush Parker, Speedy Claxton, and the other weird named PGs out there...I cannot think of anymore at the moment :)

Last edited:
No. Amundson has a contract that guarantees an invite to camp, but has to make the team there. As do Jeter/Williams, I would think.
I think this true, but I also think it has been mentioned/shown that his could become a three year contract if he makes it. If he makes it and becomes something special, the team has birds rights on him. If true, I do wonder if they would do something like that with Williams also.

Found the link
http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13872&highlight=amundson,+contract

Last edited:

gunks

Hall of Famer
Maybe Kings.com knows something other sites dont...

...That Williams is the undrafted rookie answer to the King's frontcourt problems!

gunks

Hall of Famer
Not answer, but to help.
I was joking, but if he pans out I hope they give him a long contract. The Kings have never been a great rebounding or shotblocking team (well, they were alright in the Vlade/Webber wonder years) so it would be nice for the team to have a player that specializes in both of those things.

I don't know, Justin looked like he could be as close to an answer as we could get right now. The guy is a relentless shotblocker. He is skinny but we was holding his own against much bigger players, fronting, out jumping, and blocking them repeatedly. But his best work was with the help D and protecting the rim when gaurds penetrated.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I am reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaallly hoping he impresses at training camp. Unlike Adelman, I think Muss will actually give him minutes should he make the team.

I dunno how he went undrafted. Are all GMs blind to what Ben Wallace brought to the Pistons with his defense? Just because Williams doesnt have much offense doesnt mean he cant develope into a great roleplayer.

Yeah, I am reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaallly hoping he impresses at training camp. Unlike Adelman, I think Muss will actually give him minutes should he make the team.

I dunno how he went undrafted. Are all GMs blind to what Ben Wallace brought to the Pistons with his defense? Just because Williams doesnt have much offense doesnt mean he cant develope into a great roleplayer.
I wouldn't be too surprised to see very little of the "camp" in the training camp. Muss is probably going to play our main players quite a bit considering they'll be working in a new system and everything.

Besides the real impressions are during practice. That is when guys like Louis, Pooh, and Justin can show their stuff.

I think this true, but I also think it has been mentioned/shown that his could become a three year contract if he makes it. If he makes it and becomes something special, the team has birds rights on him. If true, I do wonder if they would do something like that with Williams also.
Yeah, it's true that his deal becomes three year long after the camp . That's why Salmons' starting salary is 5.3 mln.(MLE) - 0.8 mln.(actually 782,000,minimum salary of a player with 2 years of experience). Only two year contracts with minimum salary are counted as minimum. If a deal is three year long a team has to use MLE or LLE.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
expenses

:eek:
Indeed. I was surprised both Williams and Amundson went undrafted... but, the explosion of Int'l players in the 2nd round really bumped a lot of solid prospects/role-player/rotation guys out of the draft.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2006.asp

I agree about the Int'l players. I think a lot of teams have become cost conscience. They can draft Int'l players in the second round and let them play over seas for a couple of years at no cost to them.:rolleyes: