Kings sign Corey Brewer to a 10 day contract.

LOVE! Give us a guy who's gonna be a complete ass to guys like Harden. Feels like he should provide the Shump defense/effort when we have a strategic need in a game.
Cory has a good amount of Dog in him.

You have to respect a guy whose gone off for 50 points in a game. I dont think anyone on our roster has dropped more than 40

He's basically a skinny version of Troy Williams with higher basketball IQ. Should fit in with our running style.
Yea I mentioned in another thread that Troy Williams is a very similar version of Brewer. I wasn't interested in signing Williams for that last spot as is, so bringing Brewer aboard doesn't change my opinion to be in favor of Troy, that's for sure.

I like this signing. Nice depth for with a guy with length on the perimeter to make life less fun for some of the star wings out there. Doesn't need consistent minutes either.

With the Philadelphia he averaged like 20 minutes a game over his 10 day contracts. I know we are in a better playoff position than the sixers and we are a much stronger team than the sixers.
But I would think we can find just a couple minutes for him as I actually thought the guy ahead of him might need to get a rest instead of 40 or 41 minutes a game.

With the Philadelphia he averaged like 20 minutes a game over his 10 day contracts. I know we are in a better playoff position than the sixers and we are a much stronger team than the sixers.
But I would think we can find just a couple minutes for him as I actually thought the guy ahead of him might need to get a rest instead of 40 or 41 minutes a game.
We are?!

Que?!

The Kings also have less room for error than the 6ers. Give them time and you will see CB out there.

I hope you folks are right as we have Barnes, Burks and Brewer which all are very good players and we need to find playing time for them all.
We now are very good and deep and there is no real reason I see that we can not put constant pressure on opposing team on both ends of the floor.

We haven't seen him on the court yet, but the Kings are apparently going to give Brewer another 10-day contract.

How does that work with the ASB? Does the second set of 10 days run consecutive or do we get to start the second 10 on the first game day? With the break it essentially means losing a full week out of that evaluation period. I imagine we keep him on after either way just because it's depth and there isn't much else out there.

How does that work with the ASB? Does the second set of 10 days run consecutive or do we get to start the second 10 on the first game day? With the break it essentially means losing a full week out of that evaluation period. I imagine we keep him on after either way just because it's depth and there isn't much else out there.
Good question.

I know there used to be/may still be a 3 game stipulation with 10 day contracts which would mitigate the break somewhat potentially. i.e. it was 10 days or 3 games, which ever is longer.

I am not sure if this is still the case but just putting it out there.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Sixers have absolutely no depth at the wing positions, which is how Corey Brewer kept getting huge minutes as a 10-day contract guy.

This was before they grabbed Harris but their wing depth was still essentially Jimmy Butler/JJ Reddick (injured)/Shamet (a rookie) and no one else.

Hopefully our new guys have gotten plenty of practice time in with the team
I think there are rules regarding practice time during the all star break. As far as I can find, the first day for practice was today (Feb. 20), so that only gives the team one day to practice before playing tomorrow in Oakland.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think there are rules regarding practice time during the all star break. As far as I can find, the first day for practice was today (Feb. 20), so that only gives the team one day to practice before playing tomorrow in Oakland.
Official practice is one thing. Guys getting together at the practice facility on their own is perfectly acceptable. ;)

Agreed. I don't see the harm in it. We haven't filled the other roster spot as is and Brewer is a solid vet.
He adds something this team doesn't otherwise have without Shump. It's not like he's going to shut down Durant, but he's a very solid defnder on the wing. A crafty pest. I think he sticks the rest of the year and while he won't play every game, there's at least one game that he is a major contributor to a win.

He adds something this team doesn't otherwise have without Shump. It's not like he's going to shut down Durant, but he's a very solid defnder on the wing. A crafty pest. I think he sticks the rest of the year and while he won't play every game, there's at least one game that he is a major contributor to a win.
You're exactly right. He is not afraid to get in the heads of some of the biggest stars in the league and I absolutely love it.

Is Brewers shooting for real? I thought the same thing when the Kings played Philly and he hit them then. If his shots for real some contenders are going to regret not picking him up.

Is Brewers shooting for real? I thought the same thing when the Kings played Philly and he hit them then. If his shots for real some contenders are going to regret not picking him up.
Shump was hitting them too when he arrived.

Career 3 point shooter - 28%

Obviously opens up his game. If he just focuses on hard defense and his 3 ball, it would mean a lot for this team