Kings sign Corey Brewer to a 10 day contract.

Vlade not ****ing around about the whole making the playoffs this year thing.
Which is hilarious to me because when I was In Mexico for the holidays I saw a quote from CNN sports from Kings management saying “it’s not playoffs or bust for us!”

Everyone’s competitive drive is taking over and the city is teeming with excitement...fun times!

Last edited:
He is amongst the better defenders available. In addition to being a good defender, he can really get under his guy's skin mentally. He drives them nuts. Watched him a lot when he was in Houston and he drove opposint players crazy. He is a true SF sized version of shump, but he isnt the shooter shump can be.

Was reading one report and it gave the impression they hope we sign him for the rest of the season so after March 15 they might want him back?
What ever that means? But they must think a lot of him to hope he comes back.

would be a cheap vet contract and a backup SF behind Barnes
Depending on opposite bench matchup we could go small with Bogi/Burks, or if we needed
more defense on second unit could put in Brewer

If he looks good after 10days , sign him for rest of the year
Yeah, I don't think he'd be a rotation player, but someone who can give a 5 minute boost every once on a while.

I think his (iffy) production is already known, so they'll probably just see how he fits in the locker room and gets along with Joeger. From his reputation, I anticipate him sticking as long as the team is in the hunt.

I think I know why they picked him up.

Hadn't thought of this till you posted this... but...

Playoff basketball is about matchups and playoff rosters are often tweaked and geared towards certain teams/players. Getting Christie to guard Kobe for example. Aside from the Barnes move, the other three pickups strike me as optimized for playoff ball. It's very much within the realm of possibility that we bounce up to the sixth seed, we are currently only two back in the loss column from that spot. The Rockets have our number. We HAVE to find a way to deal with them and it looks like Brewer is crazy enough to be able to get in Harden's head.

I'm thinking Corey is going to stick. He fills a vet presence that was lost in Shumpert and as the possible 15th guy on the roster you could do worse than keeping a mentor and maybe the occasional defensive matchup.

What would we realistically do with the spot anyway? Try and develop some more than likely hopeless G league talent?

I hated this signing yesterday but I've warmed up to it. Kind of like how I do with every signing ever.

I'm thinking Corey is going to stick. He fills a vet presence that was lost in Shumpert and as the possible 15th guy on the roster you could do worse than keeping a mentor and maybe the occasional defensive matchup.

What would we realistically do with the spot anyway? Try and develop some more than likely hopeless G league talent?

I hated this signing yesterday but I've warmed up to it. Kind of like how I do with every signing ever.
Fully agree. At those 13-15 spots you want exactly that or youth projects. Since Ben and Skal has kind of stalled out in our system, Vlade makes the right move to replace and let them go (for their sake too).

Essentially Brewer and Swanigan for Ben and Skal. I like that.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
This is a great pickup. I loved the way he played a few games ago against Harden when he was on Philly. Tough, hard nosed defender. So the Kings just lost Shumpert and got Brewer and Burks in the process. I'll take that exchange every darned day. Taking nothing away from Shump's grit, if anything, the Kings just got more grit and toughness on their team, not less. And then on top of that they add beefy (not light in the shorts) Swan to the mix. Vlade obviously was not pleased with the softness of this team and has made some moves to address it. Small moves, yes. But very good moves nonetheless.

Stages of acceptance and grief after signing a player you don't like:

1) "Ugh. Hate this signing"
*People explain why he's a good fit*
2) Ok maybe it's not so bad at all
*People post highlight videos*
3) "Wow I like this signing"
*Guy plays one game and sucks*
4) "I knew this was a terrible signing"

Last edited:
Hadn't thought of this till you posted this... but...

Playoff basketball is about matchups and playoff rosters are often tweaked and geared towards certain teams/players. Getting Christie to guard Kobe for example. Aside from the Barnes move, the other three pickups strike me as optimized for playoff ball. It's very much within the realm of possibility that we bounce up to the sixth seed, we are currently only two back in the loss column from that spot. The Rockets have our number. We HAVE to find a way to deal with them and it looks like Brewer is crazy enough to be able to get in Harden's head.
Agreed.

Stages of acceptance and grief after signing a player you don't like:

1) "Ugh. Hate this signing"
*People explain why he's a good fit*
2) Ok maybe it's not so bad at all
*People post highlight videos*
3) "Wow I like this signing"
*Guy plays one game and sucks*
4) "I knew this was a terrible signing"
Well done!!!