[Game] Kings @ Rockets, 11/6/2023 5pm Pacific 8pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get Houston is very athletic, but it's frustrating that they are switching every dribble hand off, and the kings can't take advantage of the bigs defending Guards. It feels like besides Monk and Fox, we don't have a ton of explosiveness off the dribble... I'm here win or loss lol curious if anyone is seeing any offensive scheme adjustments on the fly

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It's not really who he is. I would say he's a like a C version of Chris Paul. Paul was always seemingly uncomfortable being a scorer first. Types like he and Domas can do it but it runs against a lot of their grain.
you and I share the same vision here except I was saying to myself that he has the mindset of a pass first point guard who just happens to be blessed with 7 feet

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
At what point is it "fair game" to hit the concerned button? Cause I'm ready to press it
When I used to watch a lot of hospital dramas (like ER and Grey's Anatomy) one of the things I heard semi-regularly was, "a body isn't dead until it's warm and dead." If Fox comes back and the Kings are still stinking it up, I'd call that panic time.

I mean the rockets have a 22 to 4 free throw advantage and the rockets are shooting 67% from three. We are playing like crap but seems like the gods are working in favor of the rockets right now.

The thing about this game is if we just played to our ability Saturday you could live with this. But when you lay an egg you can’t do it again.

Everything has gone right for the Rockets. They are making all their threes, bouncing some in and miracle shots, getting fouled every time they put a toe inside the arch and to their credit playing great defense.

We are doing basically nothing well. We are so far behind the likelihood of coming back is so small and no lineups have been effective so far. I have no ideas what Brown should do here.

I was doing something where I was only watching the offense of the Kings and not defense.

And I couldn't help but notice the rockets at the line or scoring on what seemed like every single possession.

Are they letting us play defense what gives?

The one bright point is that Fox didn’t rush it back to play in this game. I’m not sure anything would beat the rockets tonight. This feels like some of our games last year where our offense got rolling and there was just a ridiculous amount of magic happening for them right now.

Because we Are pressing. We had a great opportunity to build our identity as the best nba Team ever offensively, instead brown decided to focus on our weakness and start again from scratch
Brown had to come back with a roster of particular weaknesses though and try and make it what it needed to be. Can't totally blame him although so far, not so good for sure.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Ok y’all time to regroup. What do we have to do second half?
Go smaller. HB giving us nothing tonight and Brooks is already a much smaller wing as it is.

Sabonis/Keegan/Huerter/Jones/Malik. Jones and Malik are pretty much the only guards on the roster capable of getting the ball downhill without randomly airmailing a shot off the backboard or dribbling the ball off their foot right now. Huerter has been our best player tonight. Keegan also capable of playing downhill. Sabonis is going to need to have a better half.

Not sure why Mike Brown hasn't dusted off that 1-2-2 zone look from the Warriors games but he should probably just try that as a change of pace too.

At this point, it’s less about getting a win and more about not embarrassing yourself. I’d probably feed Sabonis every time and see if he can either turn the foul game tide or kick back out for spray threes. We are going to need to get this to 12 by the end of the 3rd to have even the slightest chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.