[Game] Kings @ Rockets, 11/4/2023 5pm Pacific 8pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp K33gs turned back into Keegs. He and Huerter forgot how to shoot.

Keegs is drifting, fading, and not settimg his feet and Huerter thinks a hitch in his shot is needed.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I actually think Davion is playing poorly…..but so is the whole starting unit. I think they are better off right now with Colby replacing Davion and running with the starters and Davion running with the 2nd unit

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
The Rockets starters are a lot better than their bench. Brown needs to start pushing Keegan to get to the free throw line. That's the missing part of the puzzle. When the shots aren't falling, get contact going to the rim. I sure would like to see some post play from him as well.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Rockets starters are a lot better than their bench. Brown needs to start pushing Keegan to get to the free throw line. That's the missing part of the puzzle. When the shots aren't falling, get contact going to the rim. I sure would like to see some post play from him as well.
And right on cue

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The thing is that everything that Keegan was doing in summer league translates to the real league. Just for whatever reason, the guy refuses to do it unless absolutely necessary in an actual game

Has anyone noticed Keegan’s shot selection has changed? We all want him to be aggressive, but seems like he is taking contested shots at a much higher rate now.
Yeah, they want him to expand beyond just wide open catch and shooter into a second offensive option…and are prepared to deal with the drawbacks the growing pains bring.

Keegan’s problem right now is he is bricking those wide open threes lol

I actually think Davion is playing poorly…..but so is the whole starting unit. I think they are better off right now with Colby replacing Davion and running with the starters and Davion running with the 2nd unit
5 assists in 15 mins. He’s running the team at a high level, penetrating Houston’s defense and generating good looks for the team.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yeah, they want him to expand beyond just wide open catch and shooter into a second offensive option…and are prepared to deal with the drawbacks the growing pains bring.

Keegan’s problem right now is he is bricking those wide open threes lol
Yep. It's not the expanded shot selection that's the issue, it's him missing all the shots he was making last year.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Why Davion gets called for that foul is just lazy ass reffing. FVV was slapping his hands away and the ref figured Davions being too aggressive….don’t think he touched him

Javale turned into Boogie Cousins. Colby played like a ten year vet. Duarte was solid. The starting lineup has been pretty terrible aside from like two Sabonis/Keegan pick and rolls.
Disappointing. Especially after their effort in the GS game, in which I thought was one of the better ones we've played in the Mike Brown era overall. Especially on the defensive end.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
No matter how well their playing? What are you talkning about.....if they play at a high level they deserve to play - simple.
"Deserve" has got nothing to do with it. You don't put the starters back in because they're "entitled" to play, because they're the starters. You put the starters back in because the bench can't sustain this level of play for 30+ minutes. If they could, they'd be the starters.

"Deserve" has got nothing to do with it. You don't put the starters back in because they're "entitled" to play, because they're the starters. You put the starters back in because the bench can't sustain this level of play for 30+ minutes. If they could, they'd be the starters.
Its not about sustainment its about performance

Status
Not open for further replies.