[Game] Kings @ Rockets, 11/4/2023 5pm Pacific 8pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s all not overthink this and make it bigger than what it is. It’s a long season and a lot of our shooters are cold at the moment. Keegan is still a 23 year old kid, Huerter is a career 38-40% 3 pt shooter, Sasha is still figuring the NBA game out, Lyles is out. I think they’ll respond and the law of averages will come into play. Those 2 making shots will open up the paint for Sabonis and our guards.

The team basically played .500 ball all year and went on a 7 game win streak after the all star break. This is absolutely what it’s going to be like especially in the west. Losing to the rockets really sucks but they are an improved team. Need to come back with a statement game on Monday.
Facts. We had stretches last season that felt very lottery bound-ish lol i'm not hitting panic buttons in early November, idc what happens. We're playing and incorporating more new guys than people pretend we are. We did not "run it back".

The next three weeks, the Kings play Monday, Wednesday, Friday, with the Friday games part of the in-season tournament. Those games do count in the standings, however. The only weekend game is Sunday, November 19, against Dallas, the first part of a back-to-back. That means the coaching staff will have a little time to rethink their strategy and how they are handling the players. The team does not face anyone in the Eastern Conference until December 10.

Didn’t get to watch it because I was busy with wrestling stuff. Not going to care about anything that happens without Fox. But it does show how we better hope we stay as healthy as we did last year, because this can fall apart fast if health goes awry.
I think what you will see is teams playing the warriors defense. Sag the center, press out on the shooters with your center taking away the back cut and dare Sabonis to shoot. If you are a long team those long defenders over playing on Huerter and Keegan will hamper their shot.

I don’t have his shot chart but I was not encouraged by what I saw. I think Sabonis was overhyped last year and unless he can start to take and make a 3 point shot it could be a tough year. It’s why all the basketball guys predict the under on the Kings.

Let’s all not overthink this and make it bigger than what it is. It’s a long season and a lot of our shooters are cold at the moment. Keegan is still a 23 year old kid, Huerter is a career 38-40% 3 pt shooter, Sasha is still figuring the NBA game out, Lyles is out. I think they’ll respond and the law of averages will come into play. Those 2 making shots will open up the paint for Sabonis and our guards.
not really because it’s Sabonis’s Defender standing the paint the whole game daring him to shoot.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I think what you will see is teams playing the warriors defense. Sag the center, press out on the shooters with your center taking away the back cut and dare Sabonis to shoot. If you are a long team those long defenders over playing on Huerter and Keegan will hamper their shot.

I don’t have his shot chart but I was not encouraged by what I saw. I think Sabonis was overhyped last year and unless he can start to take and make a 3 point shot it could be a tough year. It’s why all the basketball guys predict the under on the Kings.
I was worried the Warriors exposed us a bit with their style. I questioned if their style was going to be a blueprint for other teams to follow coming into this year. I’m personally yet to know one way or another because I haven’t been able to watch closely enough but that fact it’s being seen by some is a little concerning.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The Kings were off in their shooting and therefore had to rely upon their athleticism to win this game. Unfortunately for them, Houston is superior athletically. Hats off to Udoka. He has his boys playing like hungry dogs.

It's a good experience for all the King newbies and Murray to be under pressure without the presence of Fox. He can't always be the crutch that other players rely upon. I would argue that Murray has to take it upon himself to be the #1 shootist out on the floor when Fox isn't available. Sabonis can't do it all. Sabonis is a facilitator, a rebounder, a guy that can get you some tough shots inside, but he's not going to scoring 30 points a game anytime soon. Murray may be uncomfortable in the role, but without Fox he's the #1 guy whether he likes it or not. He's got to take the majority of shots and punish the opposing team inside and out. If the shots aren't falling, so be it. Eventually, he will grow into the role and the team will be much better for it.

Monk deserves props and our bet of him being a hidden offensive star is starting to look better and better.... but yeah. F's all around for everyone else
Comparing Monk and Huerter...even though both aren't great defenders, at least Monk is a threat in scoring when he's out there...can't say the same thing about Huerter these days.

Yeah, I don't see this current team turning into a contender, when and if they're second highest paid player is not a threat to make a good % of shots outside of 10 feet

Status
Not open for further replies.