Kings reported to not pursue Vuc

www.sactownroyalty.com/platform/amp/2019/6/10/18524510/sacramento-kings-free-agency-rumors-deandre-jordan-nikola-vucevic

according to this analysis, dedmon is our best match...
I'm not familiar with mathematics, but vuc's contact can be trouble when we want to offer max contracts to our young core
This is a good analysis and similar to the ones I’ve done, but I believe they got the rebounding score for Lopez completely wrong.

Team rebounding is way more important than individual rebounding. Lopez makes his teams better on the defensive glass every year. I’d push that score to “above average” which would give him the highest stacked ranking in their analysis.

Vuc may be someone he sees potential in. All I'm saying is if you look at the centers he's had long term on his teams, he's not of the same ilk. Like I said, the closest comparison is Greg Monroe and he put Andre Drummond next to him as the center after using him at that position.
I can’t recall but who is your C target? I go back and forth on who/what style I want lol

Vuc may be someone he sees potential in. All I'm saying is if you look at the centers he's had long term on his teams, he's not of the same ilk. Like I said, the closest comparison is Greg Monroe and he put Andre Drummond next to him as the center after using him at that position.
Wasn’t Okur also drafted by Dumars in Detroit?

Dumars is not against taking an offensive skilled big but he does like defense and grit!

I can’t recall but who is your C target? I go back and forth on who/what style I want lol

I think Deandre Jordan would be a good target. I also think going after sleeper types like Noah Vonleh or Jordan Bell who can split the PF/C so Giles and Bagley can be with another non 1 position player so they all get minutes in different combos is a good option. I think it's more wise to bring in players that will provide some intangibles rather than pure production. Look at the offense left over for Barnes as it was, you can't add a 20 ppg player on top off all that and expect it to work. I think the Kings would more wisely spend money on the wing and get some size in doing it so they can play small. I don't think you can get out of the west without playing smaller. The Al Horford possibilities are interesting though because he could allow them to play big while having some of the same luxuries as playing small.

When its all said and done, without considering the cost associated with the contract, Vucevic is still the best fit for this team. Solid defender, good shooter, good passer, very good post game, very good rebounder, good shot blocker, right age profile to contribute to this team when it starts hitting its peak in 2-3 years time.

It will no doubt take the max which is approximately, $140m over 4 years. A hefty price no doubt but such a good fit on many levels. I guess we will know in about a week whether Kings are truly interested or not. I suspect he would be the first FA we reach out to.

When its all said and done, without considering the cost associated with the contract, Vucevic is still the best fit for this team. Solid defender, good shooter, good passer, very good post game, very good rebounder, good shot blocker, right age profile to contribute to this team when it starts hitting its peak in 2-3 years time.

It will no doubt take the max which is approximately, $140m over 4 years. A hefty price no doubt but such a good fit on many levels. I guess we will know in about a week whether Kings are truly interested or not. I suspect he would be the first FA we reach out to.
$140m over 4 years? 35mpy? That can't be right, right? Jeeeeez. It probably starts around 33mpy and gets up to 37mpy towards the end?

I honestly don't think there will be a single team out there that'll offer him that contract...including Orlando.

With the way Bagley tunnel visions I'm not sure anymore that he's capable of being paired with a skilled big man who needs touches, unless it's like a Marc Gasol type who would rather pass and be passive on offense.

$140m over 4 years? 35mpy? That can't be right, right? Jeeeeez. It probably starts around 33mpy and gets up to 37mpy towards the end?

I honestly don't think there will be a single team out there that'll offer him that contract...including Orlando.
I might be wrong but there will be a dumb team out there who will drop the max at him. Personally, I would be willing to offer $20-25m per season given that you often have to overpay a bit but there will be a dumb team out there.

My money is probably on the Knicks flaming out on the big name free agents the, moving on the next tier. Its like offering Amare max when they flamed out of LeBron a few years back.

I might be wrong but there will be a dumb team out there who will drop the max at him. Personally, I would be willing to offer $20-25m per season given that you often have to overpay a bit but there will be a dumb team out there.

My money is probably on the Knicks flaming out on the big name free agents the, moving on the next tier. Its like offering Amare max when they flamed out of LeBron a few years back.
I actually looked it up after seeing that figure.. I don't think you're wrong. I'm just shocked lol.

20-25 is my range too. Vucevic is a tough situation for me. He's not a player who can lead your team to the playoffs... unless you're in the East. This is one of the strongest star-studded FA classes we've seen in a long time. With all of the other names on the board, Vucevic becomes team's 2nd or 3rd options. However, as you said, teams who flame out on the top guys will go after Vucevic.

I think Kings will reach him, for like 4y/100m, maybe even with descending contract, and I think he will accept it.. Kings are perfect fit for him, they are young team, place where a player loves to play, great crowd, plus Bogdan, Beli, Pedja, Divac... which for Euro players is important..

and this is I think this is about right price for him.. sure he was an All-Star, but in East, in a team where he was main option, and in PO he did not show much.. so he is not max player, because in my opinion max players are KD, Kawhi, Klay..

for Kings he is also good fit, aside from great defense he is bringing a lot of things.. and if he had defense, rim protection skill, he would be max player and would not consider Kings..

now only way I see this not becoming a marriage, is that if some team goes in and offers him max.. in that case I do not think Kings will follow, and he will not give up money..

so unless Nets or Kings offer him max, I can see him a King..

oh yeah just remembered, Boston can also be contender for him..

With the way Bagley tunnel visions I'm not sure anymore that he's capable of being paired with a skilled big man who needs touches, unless it's like a Marc Gasol type who would rather pass and be passive on offense.
His passing was terrible last season - but I expect that is something he will improve this year. And having a skilled big could help Marvin’s development.

I would be comfortable with that figure. Salary starting at $25 over 4 years is about $115-ish million in total. He is 29 so he will be 33 by the time that deal ends. Thats the age where he will not be "done" just yet)
I would be ok with this as well. It may alter playing time for Harry more than say signing Dedmon but hey its a major splash.
Any news on Orlandos plans to retain or match offers?

Entity

Hall of Famer
In order for Vucevic to get the same numbers he did in Orlando. He would require the usage rate Cousins had while in Sacramento. I don’t think he will get that kind of usage. And if not he isn’t worth 25 mil.

Vuc is one of the better passing big men in the game. You'd want him passing to Bagley more than Bagley passing to Vuc. Play to the players strengths.
You would not pay Vuc to come in and be passer for 20+million if the Kings are buliding around Bagley than you have to get a offensively passive big who can shoot it and play great D, Bagley has great strengths but he has zero concept other than iso ball and finishing putbacks /2nd effort(e,.g like Amare back in the day) I was for Vuc coming here prior to watching Bagley this season imo it's going to be difficult to find a quality starting big to pair with him who ticks all the boxes mentioned above and won't cost a lot.

You would not pay Vuc to come in and be passer for 20+million if the Kings are buliding around Bagley than you have to get a offensively passive big who can shoot it and play great D, Bagley has great strengths but he has zero concept other than iso ball and finishing putbacks /2nd effort(e,.g like Amare back in the day) I was for Vuc coming here prior to watching Bagley this season imo it's going to be difficult to find a quality starting big to pair with him who ticks all the boxes mentioned above and won't cost a lot.
Vuc shot something like 36% from 3 last year and has been improving steadily the last few years from long range. You can never have too much passing and scoring on a team. The only thing Vuc lacks is great defense. He's an ok defender but he's not Horford.

Vuc can spread the floor and let Bagley work. He's a pretty solid fit but he's expensive and that's the hold up for most people.