Kings Release New JJ

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Meh. Showed a sliver at the end of last season after showing next to nothing for 2 seasons Not enough to stick. Honestly I’d have considered him over Woodard though.

I’ll never forget when Vlade drafted him and the panel fell dead silent and were like “…. Uhhhhh it says he likes to dance?”

Meh. Showed a sliver at the end of last season after showing next to nothing for 2 seasons Not enough to stick. Honestly I’d have considered him over Woodard though.

I’ll never forget when Vlade drafted him and the panel fell dead silent and were like “…. Uhhhhh it says he likes to dance?”
Yep and this board relentless defended that stupid reach at the time

He was actually much better than I thought, and probably will end up being a top 40ish player from the class. That isn't saying too much, as he may not play another NBA game and still end up that way.

But he wasn't on a capped out contender looking for a 14th man who won't embarrass himself. The Kings should've been taking gambles on high upside guys, not 23 year old rookies.

He was actually much better than I thought, and probably will end up being a top 40ish player from the class. That isn't saying too much, as he may not play another NBA game and still end up that way.

But he wasn't on a capped out contender looking for a 14th man who won't embarrass himself. The Kings should've been taking gambles on high upside guys, not 23 year old rookies.
He would have been a great free agent signing. He was a big reach at the time. Something Vlade excelled at.

He sucked. Never was able to move the needle to help this team. Same with Kyle Guy-great guy-but he simply needed to light it up during his playing time-and he didn't. Seems to be a common theme here... Vlade's drafting abilities or lack thereof...thinking papa g again.

I watched play in the Mountain West. He lacked confidence in the NBA and never adjusted to the speed of the game at this level. He could not hit anything after being a prolific scorer in college. He can play in Europe and have a good career.