Kings Playoff Standings Watch!!!

With PG out for at least a couple weeks and the Suns losing last night, I think it's very likely the Kings stay as the #3 seed and the Clippers drop to #6 with the Warriors moving up to #5. Things are bunched up enough that the Thunder (who have been hot) or the T'Wolves (with KAT back) move up to #6 and force LAC into the play-in tournament.

But my best guess is that the Kings meet the Clips in round 1.
I feel the exact same way. Should be interesting

It's amazing that the Kings are this good and have a realistic shot at going deep into the playoffs.

On the other hand we could get swpt in the first round, but that would still be a successful year.

Let's relax, beat the suns tomorrow and then maybe try and get our guys some rest. Id argue a game or two of rest would probably better than burning minutes for seeding, but I'm pretty confomfortable on my armchair. What do I know?

It's amazing that the Kings are this good and have a realistic shot at going deep into the playoffs.

On the other hand we could get swpt in the first round, but that would still be a successful year.

Let's relax, beat the suns tomorrow and then maybe try and get our guys some rest. Id argue a game or two of rest would probably better than burning minutes for seeding, but I'm pretty confomfortable on my armchair. What do I know?
To be honest, We lost almost every game that we played after a 'rest'

If that's the case, we can definitely beat the Clips in a series (took season series 3-1). Then most likely we'd face The Grizz in round 2 - who - again, we can beat in a series (split season series 2-2). I get giddy thinking there is a realistic path for us to the WCF.
Where we're most likely to face the Lakers due the strength of their 18-man roster.

What is also nice securing a top 6 seed is that we would get a week off because of all the play-in games that need to be played. The rest will be really good for us! 4/9 season ends, Play-in begins 4/11, playoffs 4/15
Thank GOD the league won't be able to screw us with more ridiculous back to backs. I want our top 9 guys healthy and i say we can really beat anyone outside of a healthy Suns squad

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Kings Playoff Tracker

Note that teams are listed in order of the Kings' magic number, which is affected by tiebreakers, so the order may be slightly different than the order in the actual standings. Eliminated teams will be removed from the tracker after one day.

Please note that the best conference win% tiebreaker may be pre-empted by division standings, because division winners get the second tiebreaker over non-division winners.

Today's games (3):
NOP def. Hornets
LAC def. OKC

Magic Number To Eliminate (TB=TieBreaker):
DEN (49-24) 16, 9 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
MEM (45-27) 13, 10 games remaining, TB 2-2 (Kings get TB unless Grizz win division and Kings don't)
SAC (43-29) --, 10 games remaining
PHX (38-34) 6, 10 games remaining, TB 1-2 (best division win% gets TB if tied)
LAC (39-35) 4, 8 games remaining, TB=Kings
GSW (38-36) 4, 8 games remaining, TB 1-2, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
--- Playoffs ---
MIN (37-37) 3, 9 games remaining, TB=T'Wolves
DAL (36-37) 3, 9 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
NOP (36-37) 3, 9 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
UTA (35-37) 3, 10 games remaining, TB 2-1, 1 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
--- Play-In Games ---
LAL (36-37) 2, 9 games remaining, TB=Kings
OKC (36-37) 2, 9 games remaining, TB=Kings

Tomorrow's games (8):
Rockets at MEM, 5 PM
Hornets at DAL, 5:30 PM
Bucks at UTA, 6 PM
Sixers at GSW, 7 PM
PHX at SAC, 7 PM
OKC at LAL, 7:30 PM

Big game against PHX tomorrow, a win goes a long way towards locking up a top three seed (!!)
Both the Thunder and the Lakers are in danger of being eliminated from the Kings' race tomorrow. However, since either the Thunder or the Lakers have to win, even a victory over the Suns will not guarantee us a play-in game just yet.

Kings Playoff Tracker

Note that teams are listed in order of the Kings' magic number, which is affected by tiebreakers, so the order may be slightly different than the order in the actual standings. Eliminated teams will be removed from the tracker after one day.

Please note that the best conference win% tiebreaker may be pre-empted by division standings, because division winners get the second tiebreaker over non-division winners.

Today's games (3):
NOP def. Hornets
LAC def. OKC

DEN (49-24) 16, 9 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
MEM (45-27) 13, 10 games remaining, TB 2-2 (Kings get TB unless Grizz win division and Kings don't)
SAC (43-29) --, 10 games remaining
PHX (38-34) 6, 10 games remaining, TB 1-2 (best division win% gets TB if tied)
LAC (39-35) 4, 8 games remaining, TB=Kings
GSW (38-36) 4, 8 games remaining, TB 1-2, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
--- Playoffs ---
MIN (37-37) 3, 9 games remaining, TB=T'Wolves
DAL (36-37) 3, 9 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
NOP (36-37) 3, 9 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
UTA (35-37) 3, 10 games remaining, TB 2-1, 1 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
--- Play-In Games ---
LAL (36-37) 2, 9 games remaining, TB=Kings
OKC (36-37) 2, 9 games remaining, TB=Kings

Tomorrow's games (8):
Rockets at MEM, 5 PM
Hornets at DAL, 5:30 PM
Bucks at UTA, 6 PM
Sixers at GSW, 7 PM
PHX at SAC, 7 PM
OKC at LAL, 7:30 PM

Big game against PHX tomorrow, a win goes a long way towards locking up a top three seed (!!)
Both the Thunder and the Lakers are in danger of being eliminated from the Kings' race tomorrow. However, since either the Thunder or the Lakers have to win, even a victory over the Suns will not guarantee us a play-in game just yet.
What is the magic number for Kings division win?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Kings Playoff Tracker

Today's games (8):
MEM def. Rockets
Hornets def. DAL
Bucks def. UTA
GSW def. Sixers
SAC def. PHX
LAL def. OKC

DEN (49-24) 15, 9 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
MEM (46-27) 12, 9 games remaining, TB goes to Kings if they win the Pacific Division, otherwise goes to Memphis
SAC (44-29) --, 9 games remaining
PHX (38-35) 4, 9 games remaining, TB goes to team with better division win%
LAC (39-35) 3, 8 games remaining, TB=Kings
GSW (39-36) 3, 7 games remaining, TB 1-2, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
--- Playoffs ---
MIN (37-37) 2, 9 games remaining, TB=T'Wolves
NOP (36-37) 2, 9 games remaining, TB=Pelicans
DAL (36-38) 1, 8 games remaining, TB=Mavericks
UTA (35-38) 1, 9 games remaining, TB will go to best win% against WC playoff teams, but let's get real
--- Play-In Games ---
LAL (37-37) 1, 8 games remaining, TB=Kings
OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER ELIMINATED

Tomorrow's games (6):
Bucks at DEN, 6 PM
Sixers at PHX, 7 PM
UTA at SAC, 7 PM - Jazz, Mavericks, Lakers are eliminated with a Kings win
NOP at LAC, 7:30 PM - Pelicans are eliminated with a loss and a Kings win

By the end of tomorrow night, it is possible the Kings will have secured the #7 slot

Last edited:
looks to me Kings will cement the 3rd seed. Portland didn't play Lillard so perhaps they’ve closed shop.
Warriors win, right there with Phoenix, hopefully they’ll both pass the Clippers and thats our first matchup.

Kings Playoff Tracker

Today's games (8):
MEM def. Rockets
Hornets def. DAL
Bucks def. UTA
GSW def. Sixers
SAC def. PHX
OKC at LAL ... Somebody's getting eliminated! Will update when game ends

DEN (49-24) 15, 9 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
MEM (46-27) 12, 9 games remaining, TB 2-2 (Kings get TB if they win the Pacific Division)
SAC (44-29) --, 9 games remaining
PHX (38-35) 4, 9 games remaining, TB 1-2 (best division win% gets TB if tied)
LAC (39-35) 3, 8 games remaining, TB=Kings
GSW (39-36) 3, 7 games remaining, TB 1-2, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
--- Playoffs ---
MIN (37-37) 2, 9 games remaining, TB=T'Wolves
NOP (36-37) 2, 9 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
DAL (36-38) 1, 8 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
UTA (35-38) 1, 9 games remaining, TB 2-1, 1 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
--- Play-In Games ---
LAL (36-37) 1, 9 games remaining, TB=Kings
OKC (36-37) 1, 9 games remaining, TB=Kings

Tomorrow's games (6):
Bucks at DEN, 6 PM
Sixers at PHX, 7 PM
UTA at SAC, 7 PM - Jazz, Mavericks, Lakers/Thunder are eliminated with a Kings win
NOP at LAC, 7:30 PM - Pelicans are eliminated with a loss and a Kings win

By the end of tomorrow night, it is possible the Kings will have secured the #7 slot
Sunday Minnesota plays Golden State. One of them has to lose.

looks to me Kings will cement the 3rd seed. Portland didn't play Lillard so perhaps they’ve closed shop.
Warriors win, right there with Phoenix, hopefully they’ll both pass the Clippers and thats our first matchup.
Yeah, I think 1-2-3 are probably sticking the same now with our W vs PHX. Hard to see us catching MEM with how good they're playing and if Fox ends up missing any games for us. Looks like 4-6 are fighting for seeding and 7-12 fighting for positioning. UTA at 12 is still somehow only 1.5 from the 7 seed. Those are the 3 tiers in the West imo

Yeah, I think 1-2-3 are probably sticking the same now with our W vs PHX. Hard to see us catching MEM with how good they're playing and if Fox ends up missing any games for us. Looks like 4-6 are fighting for seeding and 7-12 fighting for positioning. UTA at 12 is still somehow only 1.5 from the 7 seed. Those are the 3 tiers in the West imo
They still have a few tough games (Clips back to back at home) and their last 3 are on the road Pels, Bucks, OKC.

chances are pretty high we play the Warriors. I think we match up better with then than the Lakers with AD.
Honestly, all the seeding is still up in the air, which is insane. 2.5 games separate the 4 seed LAC and 10 seed OKC. Pretty much everyone still has 8-9 games left. If anyone goes on a 2-3 game losing streak, they could find themselves fighting in the play-in slot rather than a playoff slot.

Kings put themselves in such a great position. We SHOULD be in a spot where we can start resting some guys and dialing back minutes. I think you still spend the next week going for the 2 slot, but we should hopefully have the 3 seed locked in the last few games of the season. That last Kings-Nuggets game might be real real ugly with end of benchers vs end of benchers.

Honestly, all the seeding is still up in the air, which is insane. 2.5 games separate the 4 seed LAC and 10 seed OKC. Pretty much everyone still has 8-9 games left. If anyone goes on a 2-3 game losing streak, they could find themselves fighting in the play-in slot rather than a playoff slot.

Kings put themselves in such a great position. We SHOULD be in a spot where we can start resting some guys and dialing back minutes. I think you still spend the next week going for the 2 slot, but we should hopefully have the 3 seed locked in the last few games of the season. That last Kings-Nuggets game might be real real ugly with end of benchers vs end of benchers.
We need to give Fox some rest on that hamstring and Sabonis some time off with those hands.