Kings Playoff Standings Watch!!!

76ers finish the second quarter really strong. They were tied or trailing by a possession or two most of the half but ended the second quarter on a great 15-2 run and lead 58-45. Let’s see if they can hold on.

Warriors get to play Thunder with Alexander back surely making it more difficult to win. Timberwolves about to get gulagged by Sixers. Jazz though not looking good vs Mavericks to help bring down the pile more. A Laker win, and the Kings take second (for a bit) due to current tiebreaker against the Griz.

Kings getting some help against mid-level teams from other teams.

Warriors now 7-25 on the road - horrible and 27-7 at home. Polar
Yeah, the Grizzlies are 26-5 at home and 12-20 on the road and some of the talking heads have blamed that on Morant & Co partying too much etc. Maybe there's some truth there, but I have no idea why the Warriors are so bad away from the Bay.

The Kings actually have the best road record in the Western Conference for now.

It would be good if this thread kept track of the Kings magic number to make the play-offs. Both the Warriors and Wolves lost today so I think it dropped 1 more.

I think the Magic number sits at 12

5 games up now on the Warriors and Mavs. Keeping with the 45 win "magic number" theme

Kings: 7-11
PHX: 9-8
GSW: 11-5
DAL: 11-5
MIN: 11-4

Kings have done so freaking well to give themselves some distance from the 5-seed down. All eyes on those 2 Suns games the rest of the way. And we might get a real added benefit of the Nuggets resting all their starters the last game of the season if/when they wrap up home-court.

5 games up now on the Warriors and Mavs. Keeping with the 45 win "magic number" theme

Kings: 7-11
PHX: 9-8
GSW: 11-5
DAL: 11-5
MIN: 11-4

Kings have done so freaking well to give themselves some distance from the 5-seed down. All eyes on those 2 Suns games the rest of the way. And we might get a real added benefit of the Nuggets resting all their starters the last game of the season if/when they wrap up home-court.
I think you look at the loss column.

Kings have 18 games left and are 7 games up in the loss column. T-Wolves (in 7th) can own the tie breaker. That means 11 would be a tie so we need 12 or to own the tie breaker with 7 to be 11.

anyone know better than me?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
It would be good if this thread kept track of the Kings magic number to make the play-offs. Both the Warriors and Wolves lost today so I think it dropped 1 more.

I think the Magic number sits at 12
Well, there's not really a single magic number, since we have multiple teams that we need to eliminate in order to make the play-in/playoffs.

I think you look at the loss column.

Kings have 18 games left and are 7 games up in the loss column. T-Wolves (in 7th) can own the tie breaker. That means 11 would be a tie so we need 12 or to own the tie breaker with 7 to be 11.

anyone know better than me?
It's about time, so I'm putting together a "magic number tracker" post that I can update every night. Won't push it out tonight until we get the results of the Lakers/Grizz game.

Man, watching this Lakers/Grizzlies game….neither of these teams look very good right now. Grizzlies with no Ja, Clarke or Adams is average at best. Lakers without Lebron are .500 at best. Looks like we’re moving to #2 before this night is over!!!

Man, watching this Lakers/Grizzlies game….neither of these teams look very good right now. Grizzlies with no Ja, Clarke or Adams is average at best. Lakers without Lebron are .500 at best. Looks like we’re moving to #2 before this night is over!!!
Tied for 2nd, right? Or are actually the current OUTRIGHT 2nd seed? If the playoffs started today, I think we'd get bumped down to the 3rd seed because of our head-to-head record against Memphis.

Regardless...Being tied with someone for that 2nd seed this late in the season is something to be proud of, and I don't want my questions/comments above to diminish this fact. As I've stated in various parts of this forum...This season has been WILD!!!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Kings Playoff Tracker

Note that teams are listed in order of the Kings' magic number, which is affected by tiebreakers, so the order may be slightly different than the order in the actual standings. Eliminated teams will be removed from the tracker after one day.

I have moved the Kings to #2, because we currently hold the tiebreaker against Memphis, but the tiebreaker is not final.

Please note that the best conference win% tiebreaker may be pre-empted by division standings, because division winners get the second tiebreaker over non-division winners.

Magic Number To Eliminate (TB=TieBreaker):
DEN (46-19) 26, 17 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
SAC (38-26) --, 18 games remaining
MEM (38-26) 19, 18 games remaining, TB 2-2 (best conference win% gets TB, Kings currently lead)
PHX (36-29) 16, 17 games remaining, TB=Suns
DAL (34-32) 13, 16 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
GSW (34-32) 13, 16 games remaining, TB 1-2, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
--- Playoffs ---
MIN (34-33) 12, 15 games remaining, TB 1-2, 1 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
LAC (34-33) 11, 15 games remaining, TB=Kings
NOP (31-34) 11, 17 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
POR (31-34) 11, 17 games remaining, TB 1-1, 2 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
--- Play-In Games ---
LAL (32-34) 10, 16 games remaining, TB=Kings
OKC (31-34) 10, 17 games remaining, TB=Kings
UTA (31-35) 10, 16 games remaining, TB 2-0, 2 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
SAS - ELIMINATED
HOU - ELIMINATED

Tomorrow's games (7):
POR at Boston, 4:30 PM
DAL at NOP, 4:30 PM
Chicago at DEN, 6 PM
OKC at PHX, 6 PM
Toronto at LAC, 7 PM

I will update and repost every night. Suggestions welcome.

Tied for 2nd, right? Or are actually the current OUTRIGHT 2nd seed? If the playoffs started today, I think we'd get bumped down to the 3rd seed because of our head-to-head record against Memphis.

Regardless...Being tied with someone for that 2nd seed this late in the season is something to be proud of, and I don't want my questions/comments above to diminish this fact. As I've stated in various parts of this forum...This season has been WILD!!!
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh SNAP!!!!

I stand corrected...

1678253701599.png

WE ARE NUMBER 2, FOLKS!!!

No need to adjust your eyesight...This is REAL!!!

Tied record wise, we own current tie breaker by virtue of better conference record. (I believe) We were 2-2 head to head.

2 seed is wonderful, but we are like the Eastern Conference teams when the Kings were good back in the early 2000s. Didn't an 8th seed Knicks team below .500 make it to the finals?

edit: stand corrected.. They were 27-23 in the lockout year and 8th seed, but made to finals.