Kings Playoff Standings Watch!!!

Huerter has stepped up his game noticeably in recent games.....I expect the same tonight. Every game is big, but not as big as Saturday's Suns OK Corral except maybe Mavs tiebreaker later.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Kings Playoff Tracker

Note that teams are listed in order of the Kings' magic number, which is affected by tiebreakers, so the order may be slightly different than the order in the actual standings. Eliminated teams will be removed from the tracker after one day.

I have moved the Kings to #2, because we currently hold the tiebreaker against Memphis, but the tiebreaker is not final.

Please note that the best conference win% tiebreaker may be pre-empted by division standings, because division winners get the second tiebreaker over non-division winners.

Today's games (4):
UTA def. Orlando
MEM def. GSW
SAC def. New York!!

Magic Number To Eliminate (TB=TieBreaker):
DEN (46-20) 24, 16 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
SAC (39-26) --, 17 games remaining
MEM (39-26) 18, 17 games remaining, TB 2-2 (best conference win% gets TB, Kings currently lead)
PHX (37-29) 15, 16 games remaining, TB=Suns
GSW (34-33) 11, 15 games remaining, TB 1-2, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
DAL (34-33) 11, 15 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
--- Playoffs ---
MIN (34-33) 11, 15 games remaining, TB 1-2, 1 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
LAC (35-33) 10, 14 games remaining, TB=Kings
NOP (32-34) 10, 16 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
POR (31-35) 9, 16 games remaining, TB 1-1, 2 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
--- Play-In Games ---
LAL (32-34) 9, 16 games remaining, TB=Kings
UTA (32-35) 9, 15 games remaining, TB 2-0, 2 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
OKC (31-35) 8, 16 games remaining, TB=Kings

Tomorrow's games (4):
POR at 76ers, 4 PM
Nets at MIN, 5 PM
DEN at Spurs, 5 PM
Raptors at LAL, 7:30 PM

So, KD is now reportedly out 2-3 weeks (who didn’t see that coming?).

The KINGS need to hammer those guys on Saturday. Make it a statement game.
We need to contain Booker. KD out. CP3 is old, but Booker always ignites against us. I hope Mike Brown will drill guys in training how to throw different stuff at Booker. 17 games left in the season, time to chissel out some tricks for the play-offs.

We need to contain Booker. KD out. CP3 is old, but Booker always ignites against us. I hope Mike Brown will drill guys in training how to throw different stuff at Booker. 17 games left in the season, time to chissel out some tricks for the play-offs.
I'd really like to see what Off-Night can do defensively on Booker for extended minutes. I can't recall really seeing it yet.

Let Davion hound Booker and mix in some hard doubles and traps with Swipa, who is good at anticipating moves and effectively uses his speed and length to poke the ball away.

Basically I wanna see what we saw in the final minutes of Q4 of the Clippers game down in LA. They pressured the $#/t out of Paul George and Kawhi and forced like 4 turnovers in 5 possessions. They also did something similar to #77 and Kyrie when they last played Dallas.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I'd really like to see what Off-Night can do defensively on Booker for extended minutes. I can't recall really seeing it yet.

Let Davion hound Booker and mix in some hard doubles and traps with Swipa, who is good at anticipating moves and effectively uses his speed and length to poke the ball away.

Basically I wanna see what we saw in the final minutes of Q4 of the Clippers game down in LA. They pressured the $#/t out of Paul George and Kawhi and forced like 4 turnovers in 5 possessions. They also did something similar to #77 and Kyrie when they last played Dallas.
This is a good plan. Booker is one of the toughest covers in the league because he routinely hits really tough turnaround jumpers like Kawhi was drilling against us. We're going to have to double him and deny him the ball in the 4th if possible and just try to keep him uncomfortable. I'd like to see HB check him if he gets into a rhythm on post-ups too and maybe Keegan on the perimeter of nothing else is working. His length actually bothers wings when they try to isolate on him.

I'm also worried about Ayton though. We have trouble against size and Ayton isn't just big, he's skilled too. On the other hand, Fox and Monk can cook CP3 on defense and if we push the pace we can at least wear these guys out. Everyone is going to need to contribute for us on the offensive end, especially K'Von and Keegan as floor spacers.

6 games from 1 seed and 6 games clear of the 6 seed :eek:
Yep, there is NO way we will be in the playin tournament. We would have to go like 4-13 the rest of the way to even think about it, but I think we would still have the 6 seed even with that record.

We have the best road record in the west by far and we are 5th in the NBA in best road record. The top road team is only ahead of us by 1.5 games..

Milwaukee - 0 tied (20-12)
Boston - 0 tied (20-12)
Philadelphia .5 back (19-12)
NY Knicks .5 back (20-13)
Sacramento 1.5 back (18-13)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Kings Playoff Tracker

Note that teams are listed in order of the Kings' magic number, which is affected by tiebreakers, so the order may be slightly different than the order in the actual standings. Eliminated teams will be removed from the tracker after one day.

I have moved the Kings to #2, because we currently hold the tiebreaker against Memphis, but the tiebreaker is not final.

Please note that the best conference win% tiebreaker may be pre-empted by division standings, because division winners get the second tiebreaker over non-division winners.

Today's games (4):
A pretty good day for us all things considered!
76ers def. POR
Nets def. MIN
Spurs def. DEN
LAL def. Raptors

Magic Number To Eliminate (TB=TieBreaker):
DEN (46-21) 23, 15 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
SAC (39-26) --, 17 games remaining
MEM (39-26) 18, 17 games remaining, TB 2-2 (best conference win% gets TB, Kings currently lead)
PHX (37-29) 15, 16 games remaining, TB=Suns
GSW (34-33) 11, 15 games remaining, TB 1-2, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
DAL (34-33) 11, 15 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
--- Playoffs ---
MIN (34-34) 10, 14 games remaining, TB 1-2, 1 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
LAC (35-33) 10, 14 games remaining, TB=Kings
NOP (32-34) 10, 16 games remaining, TB 1-1, 1 to play (winner gets TB)
LAL (33-34) 9, 16 games remaining, TB=Kings
--- Play-In Games ---
UTA (32-35) 9, 15 games remaining, TB 2-0, 2 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
POR (31-36) 8, 15 games remaining, TB 1-1, 2 to play (best conference win% gets TB if tied)
OKC (31-35) 8, 16 games remaining, TB=Kings

Tomorrow's games (9):
Knicks at LAC, 1 PM
UTA at Hornets, 4 PM
DAL at MEM, 5 PM
OKC at NOP, 5:30 PM
Bucks at GSW, 5:30 PM
SAC at PHX, 6 PM

Looking forward to the test we have coming against teams like the Suns, C’s and Bucks. We’re better now than the last time we played those eastern squads