Kings Players Voice Support For Theus (SacBee)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
As much as I respect and admire Kevin Martin, I think he's missed the point on what a number of us are trying to say.

IT'S NOT ABOUT WINNING!!!

Interesting side note? In the early print edition of the Bee, the title is:'He's our coach,' Martin declares and the sub head says: Theus is not to blame for skid, Kings players say

What was Kevin supposed to say? "Yeah, can that fool's ***, he's ruining the rebuilding program."

I take player comments in the media worth a grain of salt. Remember the team "uniting" behind Muss after his DUI?

What was Kevin supposed to say? "Yeah, can that fool's ***, he's ruining the rebuilding program."

I take player comments in the media worth a grain of salt. Remember the team "uniting" behind Muss after his DUI?
Well, David Thorpe was interviewed on KHTK last week and said that Kevin just loves playing for Reggie. Actually said Kevin loves Sacramento, loves the Kings ownership and FO, too. He said that Kevin told him he wakes up excited everyday to go play for Theus and that is a rare thing. Take that for what's it worth, but Thorpe knows Kevin very well and Thorpe didn't have to say any of that.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
What I'm trying to figure out is whether I care less what this set of players thinks if a) Reggie is incompetent and the players are either too stupid to realize it or simply refuse to admit it (or worse, enjoy him stroking their sad little egos and don't care what happens to the team as long as he tells them they are great and buys them off with minutes); or b) the players themselves are the incompetent ones and will mostly be finding new addresses in the next few years.

Either way a group of players that is losing, badly, has never won, and Bobby Jackson subtracted (who obviously has his doubts), has to be right down there at the bottom of the league as far as winning credentials/playoff games really has a significant credibility gap to overcome. When the coach has never won in the league either, as a coach or a player, a statement like this gets to be filed under trivia.