[Game] Kings @ Pistons 1/1/2013

The 11-19 Kings travel to The Palace to take on the 11-22 Pistons in a winnable game. Predictions? Comments? Thoughts?

I will be paying particular attention to the Cousins-Monroe matchup. Two of the best young big men in the NBA on the same court.

Also, Brandon Knight has been a much better player this season and is certainly not in a sophomore slump. I hope one of the many PG's can stop him.

With Stuckey out, Will Bynum has been on fire over the last week or so.

I look for Jason Thompson to have a great game. Marcus Thornton has the matchup to rain the threes, but will he be hot tonight?

Cousins will need to stay out of foul trouble, and he has done well with that lately.

Ouch that ankle must be worse than I thought it would be. Get well MT. I hope Brooks can have one kf those games that he is capable of.

L

LWP777

This is a huge game for us. Win this and I think we could start talking about possibly turning a corner with the improved play since DMC's suspension.

More often than not we've played well when Evans or Cousins have been out. We haven't done well on the road. That makes this game a real challenge. Come on, guys, play well and make it happen.

The Cuz vs Monroe matchup is always interesting. And we get to see Drummond duh duh duhhhhh.
I am interested in seeing Drummond. I haven't watched many Piston games this year due to the time that they normally start their games so this will be a special treat. I was not a fan of Drummond at UCONN. I am looking to see if he has started doing anything different, because he seems to have had success off the bench (although the Pistons still suck).

The Cuz vs Monroe matchup is always interesting. And we get to see Drummond duh duh duhhhhh.
I actually see it as a Monroe and Drummond VS Cousins match-up.

That would be interesting.

I hope Drummond doesn't get the chance to block Cousins' shots, lest I'll be more critical of Petrie for letting Drummond slip out of our hands.

Can somebody take note of how many times Cousins gets block by which BIG in this match-up and vise-versa?

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Of course Drummond will block DMC's shots. DMC is the anti shot blocker and the one shot blockers want to play against. Where DMC needs to evolve is to take the ball low and do what he did last game and that is to pass.

Prediction:

Kings continue to play unselfishly, which is fun to watch.

Going out on a limb here with a wild prediction, John Salmons will lead the kings in scoring tonight.

Monroe will kill Cousins in their head to head matchup.

FINAL
SAC 108
DET 96

I am loving how they are swinging the ball around in half court settings. They are getting a lot of easy uncontested shots right now.

We also seem to be creating some sort of identity on offense. Giving it to Cousins at the corner, spread the floor, and let him go to work. We could use more cutting on that set, though.