Kings & Pedja, a Serbian view from Chicago...

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
A business acquaintance of mine, originally from Serbia (and a Purdue grad who knew Brad Miller!), works near Chicago. He and I do business by email then we always send a separate email to swap views on the Kings in general and he on Pedja and Vlade in particular.

Following is a brief bit from my email to him today and his view back. I have to agree with his view. It makes some sense.

re Kings, most fans who know the game, seem to agree that the China trip set them back about 10 days of preseason. Their improvement each of the first 3 games has been very noticable, especially in Peja (Pedja). If
they win their next couple then all should be ok. But we'll see.

This is a movement also on-line to spell his name Pedja not just Peja.
Which is correct?

His reply

Although I agree that a trip to China would have some ill effects for
anybody, (not so bad for the Rockets, however,), I just dont feel this team
has the makeup or the strength anymore to go too far. It s amazing that
the outlook for this team changed in such a short time form last year- I
really cant explain it. Maybe its just my cynical outlook.

As far as the proper name goes, both Pedja and Peja are sort of slang names for Predrag. As spelled here in Serbian they are pronounced differently- Peja in serbain is actually pronounced ( Peya) - so again they are two different names. Pedja is the correct way to spell the name.

Maybe he has the same feeling as I do regarding the future of this team- hence why the statement that he would like to play elsewhere- so say the serbian media as well.