[Game] Kings @ Nuggets - Wednesday, Feb. 13 - 6PT/9ET

Willie Cauley-Stein...tall and sometimes useless. His second jump is terribly slow. The Kings coach should have put Bagley in....how can you not? Denver had 2 big men and they're good rebounding team. It is the difference in the game. Bagley would have swatted that 2nd jump by Jorkic because Bagley second jump is better than anybody in the game. Sometimes, it is the coach substitution that cost the Kings the game and I feel he did just that in this game. Explain this...you're going to use Gile against Jorkic out there? Really? I can't believe what i see out there. Why didn't you put Cauley-Stein as soon as Jorkic is in the game. I can't remember how many games this coach have lost the game due to suspect substitution. The smart coach would go toe-to-toe with whoever the opponent have out there. Jeff Van Gundy is an example of smart coach. He would never going have Gile guarding Jorkic out there. Not only he have Giles out there guarding Jorkic...he had Barnes guarding Milsap...what? Where is Bagley when you need him!! He ain't foul out. The quickest and fastest jumper in the game and you sit him? lol.
Coach has made some questionable subs....

Joerger has done a great job this season. But these are the type of games where decisions on the margin make the difference between a win or a loss. He should have sat Bogey once he got in that whole Beasley altercation and then he tried dunking on everyone. He should have rested Barnes when he started short arming everything. He should have brought in bagley when we needed a low post presence.

This game shows the tremendous progress we’ve made but we should have won it.

And not calling some set plays to settle them down down in the 3rd hurt too. Far too often we see extended stretches of no pick and roll play and the usual result is droughts that seem to last minutes. I guess you have to give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he's letting his players figure it out but on the other end of things he starts playing musical chairs with the rotation and plays someone an entire half so I'm not so sure about that.

Dude. That last shot almost went in. Not sure you can ask for much more.
It wasn’t a catch and release though. There wasn’t enough time to catch pivot and shoot. I don’t think it would have counted. I may be wrong. I don’t know. We were only down two, could have gotten something easier with momentum going to the basket.

None of the other bigs could stop Milsap.

Yeah and that offensive rebound Jokic got wasn't anything anyone could have stopped other than his man keeping him away from the rim on the initial shot. Willie left a huge gap at the rim by attacking the first look and Jokic made the play with a tip in as his best option. Any other player goes for that ball and it's goal tending.

Joerger did coach the Kings to an 118-118 tie 0.8 seconds before the end of the game against the team with a 24-4 home record. which one of you guys thinks he/she can do better? :p;)
Congrats to Joerger. He’s one of the 24 losses. We should have won, especially when Malone decided he wanted to get a head start to Charlotte and Beasley followed suit.

Good game. Not sure how people can get too pissed with this one. They battled their a$$ off on the road against a top team in the west. I refuse to trash them for this one.
I am pissed because of dumb substitution. Never ever play Kosta please. This coach seems to obsess with Kosta for some reason. Why is Bagley sitting on the bench when he is the most athletic, the quickest fastest second jumper in the league?

It wasn’t a catch and release though. There wasn’t enough time to catch pivot and shoot. I don’t think it would have counted. I may be wrong. I don’t know. We were only down two, could have gotten something easier with momentum going to the basket.
it was hard to inbound the ball. as you said there was no time to catch and turn so to be going towards the basket and receive the pass over Jokic and the player defender would be extremely hard.

You can battle dumb.

If these guys were bodying up their men and they're getting pushed out down low or overtaken with tips, so be it. But Nuggets are constantly in a jump battle for the ball on the rebound. That tells me that you're busying watching the ball and not your man. Put a body on them early, press early, and you don't have to play jump ball every possession.

Kings battle, yes. But if you keep losing these hard battles your morale will drop and you're going to start pointing fingers. Battle smart.

Tough to put this one on the coach. We missed like 3 gimmies and Buddy had two wide open threes not go down, Bagley and Fox missed a pair of free throws, etc. etc. We had it. We just didn't quite do enough

I don't think a game yet this season has exposed how weak the center position is on this team as much as this. Jokic just destroyed everybody but Kosta on this team down low. Kings need an upgrade big time.

Oh Hi Jonas!

I'll prob get some flak for this but there's times like today where Giles doesn't look like anything special. I hope there's better days ahead for him. He tends to have clunkers.

And yes, he's young I know.
Speak your mind, bro. I concur. The hype hasn’t done him favors. I don’t consider him, at this point, part of the core going forward. He’s almost where Skal was last year to me.

Seriously, I think we would have about 5 more wins of the season if we had a great, consistent rebounder. We were better on the boards than denver in the 1st half and were better than them. They outrebounded up (read demolished us) on the boards in the 2nd half and won the game.

We need a monster rebounder especially if we are going to play small.

I am pissed because of dumb substitution. Never ever play Kosta please. This coach seems to obsess with Kosta for some reason. Why is Bagley sitting on the bench when he is the most athletic, the quickest fastest second jumper in the league?
I really don’t know what you’re talking about. I thought Kosta played solid and was what was needed. I think they lose by 10 if we don’t have Kostas defense in the middle of the fourth.

Tough to put this one on the coach. We missed like 3 gimmies and Buddy had two wide open threes not go down, Bagley and Fox missed a pair of free throws, etc. etc. We had it. We just didn't quite do enough

That 3rd quarter meltdown wasn't anything new though. It was another instance of bad X's and O's or decision making by the players. I will assume that if the players were not running the offense as intended there would have been a timeout or two called however.

You're so damm right. I always this: Willie Cauley-Stein is not a true starter material. The ONLY reason he is starting for the Kings is because Kings ain't got any big man with length. Well, until Bagley grow and be stronger.

I thought Willie did alright in this one. For sure the young bigs were over matched. This was another game where the other team is probably telling Joerger his players need to hit the weights. Giles in particular was overpowered big time.

We get exposed anytime a center registers over 240lbs on the scale or has legs that have visited a squat rack. Every center circles our game b/c there's a chance of a 20/20 game. This is not the first game, not even close.
I'm not saying no other center has went off, I'm saying that I can't recall another game where one guy basically got all bigs put on him to try and stop him.

Not the end of the world. Can't win them all. Let's not forget this team is young and does have some flaws (rebounding from the starters being one of them). Lost to a really good team (with a great home record) on the road. The fact that the Kings were even in the game till the end tells you something.

Buddy and Bogi both missed a lot of shots including some easy ones but the Kings lost the game because of rebounding plain and simple.

Bagley was also getting abused inside almost as bad as WCS. A year from now when Bagley and Giles have more seasoning under their belt (and perhaps WCS is replaced) I'm sure the Kings do a better job.

Those clamoring for a guy like Enes Kanter (who lost his rotation spot in New York of all places) just remember the grass isn't always greener. Not only would Kanter likely take minutes away from guys like Bagley/Giles.......he's also absolutely awful defensively especially on the perimeter on the pick-n-roll and switches. So you bring in a guy like Kanter to help fix your rebounding problem and you then create a new problem on defense.