[Game] Kings @ Nuggets - Wednesday, Feb. 13 - 6PT/9ET

Joerger has done a great job this season. But these are the type of games where decisions on the margin make the difference between a win or a loss. He should have sat Bogey once he got in that whole Beasley altercation and then he tried dunking on everyone. He should have rested Barnes when he started short arming everything. He should have brought in bagley when we needed a low post presence.

This game shows the tremendous progress we’ve made but we should have won it.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Playing a good Denver team on their home floor is almost always a guaranteed loss. Credit these guys for giving themselves a real shot at a win. Rebounding is the reason this team is fighting LA for the 8 seed right now instead of fighting Portland for the 4 seed. Joerger could have put Bagley out there instead but Jokic probably goes right through him and makes the shot anyway. We're a very good team with one killer flaw. That is still miles ahead of where we thought we were.

BLEW IT. I guess if it’s a moral victory you want they didn’t get their asses kicked. You need yo pull that game out especially when you get out to a 17 point lead and you are in brutal playoff race. That rebounding , or lack thereof , is unacceptable and I am sick and tired of watching it over and over
Good game. Not sure how people can get too pissed with this one. They battled their a$$ off on the road against a top team in the west. I refuse to trash them for this one.

I can't hate that loss. We had a clean look at the end it just missed. This team went cold in the 3rd, the fight was there tho, undeniably. On to the next one.
We keep losing these big leads by going away from what got them in the first place. A lot of standing around, lack of player/ball movement and thus assists in that third. Still, we lost the game. On to the next one after a much needed break and some well earned All-Star fun.

Jokic makes our bigs look like absolute fools under the basket. I also didn’t get the final play call. Why have Buddy turn back towards the basket like that with .08 of a second left? Ugh. I’m pissed, we should have won this game. Would have been a huge win to start the most crucial stretch of basketball all season.

Some of the hardest losses to take are the ones where you are beating one of the best teams in the league for most of the game and then you narrowly lose it in the end. You had it. It was there. It was within grasp....sigh. Oh well. Its not a big deal to lose this game, we'll be fine, but it still sucks.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Lots of second chance points went Denver's way as they absolutely would when one team plays half of its games at a high elevation and the other comes from near sea level and is starting a center with sickle cell.

Good game. Not sure how people can get too pissed with this one. They battled their a$$ off on the road against a top team in the west. I refuse to trash them for this one.
I’ve laid out why I’m pissed. The inability to secure rebounds is unacceptable and just cost them a huge game. They are in the last 26 games of an incredibly tight playoff race. The time for moral victory’s is over. They need to pull these games out. That said it’s been a super fun year and a pleasant surprise.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Some of the hardest losses to take are the ones where you are beating one of the best teams in the league for most of the game and then you narrowly lose it in the end. You had it. It was there. It was within grasp....sigh. Oh well. Its not a big deal to lose this game, we'll be fine, but it still sucks.
I agree but we lost this in the third. Still we had our chances. Frustrating but hopefully one we learn from. And hopefully Joerger learns as well because I think this was poorly managed in the second half. Oy.

Jokic makes our bigs look like absolute fools under the basket. I also didn’t get the final play call. Why have Buddy turn back towards the basket like that with .08 of a second left? Ugh. I’m pissed, we should have won this game. Would have been a huge win to start the most crucial stretch of basketball all season.
Dude. That last shot almost went in. Not sure you can ask for much more.

Willie Cauley-Stein...tall and sometimes useless. His second jump is terribly slow. The Kings coach should have put Bagley in....how can you not? Denver had 2 big men and they're good rebounding team. It is the difference in the game. Bagley would have swatted that 2nd jump by Jorkic because Bagley second jump is better than anybody in the game. Sometimes, it is the coach substitution that cost the Kings the game and I feel he did just that in this game. Explain this...you're going to use Gile against Jorkic out there? Really? I can't believe what i see out there. Why didn't you put Cauley-Stein as soon as Jorkic is in the game. I can't remember how many games this coach have lost the game due to suspect substitution. The smart coach would go toe-to-toe with whoever the opponent have out there. Jeff Van Gundy is an example of smart coach. He would never going have Gile guarding Jorkic out there. Not only he have Giles out there guarding Jorkic...he had Barnes guarding Milsap...what? Where is Bagley when you need him!! He ain't foul out. The quickest and fastest jumper in the game and you sit him? lol. No wonder the Kings lose.