Kings @ Nuggets Game Thread

In February

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
even up by 17, i think everyone had the gut feeling denver was going to make a run because in the NBA everyone eventually makes that big push, happy that our guys didn't give up when we went down by 6 with 5 min. or so left in the 4th

S

sactownfan

you sir, are ... too much
he played much much better... but can he do it the next game? can he even grab 7 boards the next game? im not gonna get excited about one game... he needs to keep his motor running for a couple months...

When K-Mart had the ball at the 3 point line. I though to myself "please kev don't try and draw a foul, just take the damn shot." And he tried to draw the foul anyway. FML.

Kevin's got no moves, should have given Casspi a shot. I'm sick of seeing kevin trying to offensive flop. Refs would not make that bail out foul call at the end of game situation.

Regardless of anything, we shouldn't have been in that position. We really need to limit our turnovers and run our plays normally when there's tension

he played much much better... but can he do it the next game? can he even grab 7 boards the next game? im not gonna get excited about one game... he needs to keep his motor running for a couple months...
True, but look at your last post. You basically implied that it was Spencer's fault that we didn't win in regulation

Kevin was a big reason why we were so competetive in OT in the first place, but Brickie will back me up on this: he is NOT the guy you would like to have the ball in his hands for the gamewinner. He's tried to get a call I think 7 or 8 times in that situation. He never just goes for the honest shot. Watching the replay, yeah there was a bump, but he had Kenyon beat. One more dribble and it is a layup. I'd almost rather have Spence or Beno take a shot, because they would actually take a shot.

Kings always try to draw fouls in crunch time......and they never get it.....and they always try.....and they never get it.......but they always try...

SHOOT THE DAMN BALL!!!

I would rather lose by us missing a shot.

Just a question: why don't you express the same level of criticism towards JT? I mean, he could have had more than 4 rebounds tonight, if he would have played well enough to even stay on the court. But no, it's still all about what Hawes doesn't do for this team, and how he's to blame.

Spencer needs to stay. I'm starting to believe he has more potential than Thompson. Yeah Thompson WAS way more consistent, but when Hawes gets it going he puts up really impressive numbers. That and the fact that he actually has pretty good basketball iq and clutch ability shows me he has alot of potential. Remember, he is only 21. I haven't given up on Thompson yet either, but he needs to get out of his slump.

Kevin always try to draw fouls in crunch time......and they never get it.....and they always try.....and they never get it.......but they always try...

SHOOT THE DAMN BALL!!!

I would rather lose by us missing a shot.
fixed. totally agree, i would rather us lose on a missed good shot and not some flop

i usually defend kevin, and i think he had a decent game. but i hate when the give him the ball for a last second shot. he's soo NOT clutch. i know if it goes to him, what he's gonna do. try to draw the foul which never gets called :(

oh well, im upset we gave up our lead, but glad we kept it competative. i honestly thought we were gonna get blown out. this is the 3rd best team in the league 32-15 (21-3 at home) and we took them to overtime without evans. but probably coulda won in overtime WITH evans. either way, im bummed but not too angry

The difference between JT and hawes is their basketball (and perhaps normal) intelligence.

When Hawes plays bad, gets criticized, he gets himself motivated and goes out and plays hard.
When JT plays bad, gets criticized, he tries to motivate himself and goes out and thinks and tries and tries and just does everything but relax and play hard. JT plays hard, but not controlled

i usually defend kevin, and i think he had a decent game. but i hate when the give him the ball for a last second shot. he's soo NOT clutch. i know if it goes to him, what he's gonna do. try to draw the foul which never gets called :(

oh well, im upset we gave up our lead, but glad we kept it competative. i honestly thought we were gonna get blown out. this is the 3rd best team in the league 32-15 (21-3 at home) and we took them to overtime without evans. but probably coulda won in overtime WITH evans. either way, im bummed but not too angry
Which is why I said I was actually happy with Hawes taking the shot at the end of regulation instead of Martin

The difference between JT and hawes is their basketball (and perhaps normal) intelligence.

When Hawes plays bad, gets criticized, he gets himself motivated and goes out and plays hard.
When JT plays bad, gets criticized, he tries to motivate himself and goes out and thinks and tries and tries and just does everything but relax and play hard. JT plays hard, but not controlled
thats something i dont think can ever be fixed with JT, hes just too wild and clumsy.. and its sad cuz we wasted a high pick on him. I wish we had speights or randolph.

Status
Not open for further replies.