[Game] Kings @ Nuggets - 1/3/17 - 6PT/9ET

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Must win games are the most frustrating, & this team has proven there's never ever any "given" wins on the schedule. They could win.. Or they could lose by 20. I do know I really want the warm and fuzzy feeling of reserved optimism that comes with a win back.

Also excited to see Richardson get some meaningful minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nuggets will be coming off a back to back so there's that. Also there January schedule might be as bad as ours for starters they can easily start 0-4
Unfortnately I'm not sure that would be a factor.
It's true that they play back to back, but their first game of that B-2-B is on the road against the Warriors... :rolleyes:
I can see them resting a number of starters tonight, and preparing for the more winnable of the two (the home game with us tomorrow)...

If the Kings end up not making the playoffs, and they lose this game, it is likely this is the game people will point to as one of the main reasons why.

Further, this game is a must-win if they have any hopes of catching up to the 7th spot or higher.

"Must wins" have never meant much re: game results. How about if they just play well on both offense and defense and out score Denver. Have a "mile high" high.

Considering both teams standings, bad luck in Sacramento, bad luck for Malone, this one is coming down to the wire.

Predict official screws someone at the end of the game.

I would be worried more about Portland and New Orleans before Denver tbh. Need a win, cant follow up 4 game win streaks with three straight losses.

Unfortnately I'm not sure that would be a factor.
It's true that they play back to back, but their first game of that B-2-B is on the road against the Warriors... :rolleyes:
I can see them resting a number of starters tonight, and preparing for the more winnable of the two (the home game with us tomorrow)...
Well,
Luckily for us, Gallinari is not resting or holding back tonight against the Dubs...
He's leading the Nuggs in all 3 main categories right now, in the middle of the 3rd. (GSW leading by 10)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I'd like to see more Malachi and Skal in this one, win or loss.
Skal got sent back to Reno with PapaG.

So sadly it only seems like Malachi's in the cards. I really want to see Skal on the floor with Cuz though. Because why not? He can't be *THAT* much worse than Casspi or WCS or Barnes (on most nights).

K

KingMilz

The Ghost of George Karl's spirit will be haunting the game causing bad defense and quick shots I predict for both teams
If Karls ghost is haunting the Denver arena than doesn't that mean they are assured to make the playoffs and get swept/loss in the first?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Kings are still in the 8th slot because everyone else sucks too.

The Nuggets coming off a tough back-to-back against the Warriors in Oracle but since most of their roster is young I don't expect there to be too much lag.

Jokic is a good young talent but he also commits dumb fouls like he's Jason Thompson so feeding the Boogie Monster should be a good idea (though when is it not?).

Kings are still in the 8th slot because everyone else sucks too.

The Nuggets coming off a tough back-to-back against the Warriors in Oracle but since most of their roster is young I don't expect there to be too much lag.

Jokic is a good young talent but he also commits dumb fouls like he's Jason Thompson so feeding the Boogie Monster should be a good idea (though when is it not?).
Link to last nights Denver/GSW box score--> http://www.nba.com/games/20170102/DENGSW#/boxscore

Looks like the Denver starters all played 30 plus minutes except for Jokic who gets spelled by Nurkic.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Can't give up on a high lotto pick just like that.

Even though WCS is terrible.

I'm really hoping Vlade can move some scrubs by the deadline, I just don't know what we'd get for them.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Can't give up on a high lotto pick just like that.

Even though WCS is terrible.

I'm really hoping Vlade can move some scrubs by the deadline, I just don't know what we'd get for them.
Word. Especially when giving up on another big man former scrub is just so recent in our history.

Will WCS be the next Whiteside? Probably not, but you cannot risk him exploding into a star player elsewhere.

Nikola Jokic is averaging 12.7 PPG 8 RPG shooting 58% at only 21 years of age. More impressive he has 3.7 assists per game vs only 1.6 TOs for a 2.3 assist : turnover ratio.....fantastic! Meanwhile Willie is 1.5 years older than Jokic and has only 9 assists on the season (vs 114 for Nokic). Willie's season high of 11 points is less than Jokic's per game average. Jokic was taken 34 picks (41st) after Willie (6th) and has tripled his production rate at 1/3 of the cost. Nice draft pick, Vlade!

Last edited:
Nikola Jokic is averaging 12.7 PPG 8 RPG shooting 58% at only 21 years of age. More impressive he has 3.7 assists per game vs only 1.6 TOs for a 2.3 assist : turnover ratio.....fantastic! Meanwhile Willie is 1.5 years older than Jokic and has only 9 assists on the season (vs 114 for Nokic). Willie's season high of 11 points is less than Jokic's per game average. Jokic was taken 34 picks (41st) after Willie (6th) and has tripled his production rate at 1/3 of the cost. Nice draft pick, Vlade!
To be fair, Vlade never had the opportunity to draft Jokic.