[Game] Kings @ Mavs, Sunday May 2nd, 5pm Pacific, 8pm Eastern

14-12 without Fox (also Barnes a complete nothing player) ohh boy I had a feeling this was coming the moment he went down.

Most Kings season ever
Stars exposed when they are not playing "check"
Losing at the start of the year and taking yourself out of contention early "check"
Winning when your not suppose to when you should be tanking "check"

I love this team!

14-12 without Fox (also Barnes a complete nothing player) ohh boy I had a feeling this was coming the moment he went down.

Most Kings season ever
Stars exposed when they are not playing "check"
Losing at the start of the year and taking yourself out of contention early "check"
Winning when your not suppose to when you should be tanking "check"

I love this team!
I don’t think it’s fair to compare records in this time of year when players are playing free and easy. If I recall Skal scored 40 in a game at this time. Buddy pads his stats every year around this time.

I don’t think it’s fair to compare records in this time of year when players are playing free and easy. If I recall Skal scored 40 in a game at this time. Buddy pads his stats every year around this time.
Dude we are playing teams that are desperate to win Dallas/Lakers/Jazz not sure why it would not be fair, had they lost people will be saying look they can't win at all without Fox so it is fair. I guess it's not fair to count the Jazz demolition since Conley/Mitchell didn't play? The excuses never end for Kings "star" players.

Last edited:
Don’t spend 2nd round draft picks at this stage for players like Wright and Harkless??

I think Davis was okay value but notice the team with who many consider the smartest basketball ops guy in the NBA is close to securing our 7 spot. Apparently Ujiri thought in that draft position sending out Davis for a 2nd was a good idea. If you had to bet your life on it with whom would you cast your lot, McNair or Masai Ujiri?

McNair's moves made sense for a team you “knew” was a playoff team. For a non-play-off team McNair's moves were a guarantee of the 9-10 pick.
Ujiri isn't jockeying for a better ping pong ball position. They just beat the Lakers and are in the mix for the play in. As you mentioned, one of the best GMs in the league didn't trade his second best trade chip for assets at the deadline nor did he instruct his coach to sit his best players.

So is it better to score 30 points a game in 9 game losing streaks, or is it better to score 30 points a game in wins when you are out of playoff contention but against other teams still trying to win?

Answer: whatever fits sactowndog's narrative

So is it better to score 30 points a game in 9 game losing streaks, or is it better to score 30 points a game in wins when you are out of playoff contention but against other teams still trying to win?

Sactowndog has been pretty accurate on most things about the Kings (from my POV) but when it comes to guys the fan base considers "stars" (Fox/Barnes) everything is off limits no matter what occurs in front of them to show otherwise. It's always the coach/refs/strength of schedule and has been for a long time.

I'm glad the Kings didn't go full tank since it once again exposes what I have thought all along with this team for like 10 years its not coaching or anything it's the main pieces we build around are not building block players if you want to win more than 30 games.

Dude we are playing teams that are desperate to win Dallas/Lakers/Jazz not sure why it would not be fair, had they lost people will be saying look they can't win at all without Fox so it is fair. I guess it's not fair to count the Jazz demolition since Conley/Mitchell didn't play? The excuses never end for Kings "star" players.
You clearly missed the sticky and intro guide on being a Kings fan 101 (and I don't just mean for this site, but on other platforms too).
1. Fox is GOAT, you cannot criticize him at all whether constructive or not
2. The only way you can break rule #1, is if it's to praise Tyrese
3. If you don't say Buddy is a numbnut at least once a week, you're not a Kings fan
4. Harrison Barnes is the greatest leader since Lincoln. His intangibles are so great that were you to try and quantify them, you'd die.
5. Buddy, Walton and Bagley together are a net 2,000 losses over the past two seasons. That's just the facts.

Sactowndog has been pretty accurate on most things about the Kings (from my POV) but when it comes to guys the fan base considers "stars" (Fox/Barnes) everything is off limits no matter what occurs in front of them to show otherwise.
God you are lost. Completely. No light, no tunnel.

There isn't a single person here I'm aware of touting Harrison Barnes as a "star", let alone the general fan base.
Here you are inventing your own truth again.

To use your own accusation against you, no matter what evidence is provided to topple your house of cards take -- you don't acknowledge it. Or back off.

Pot meet kettle.

Prime example, I recently brought to light your hypocrisy in citing the KINGS record w/o Fox all while touting Holmes as the team's MVP when the team has managed an even better record w/o him. No acknowledgement of the gigantic hole poked into your logic, of course. Which is probably a good thing as I imagine you'd just try moving the goal posts.

Honestly, I get a strong feeling that your handle is just a burner account for another member here. Wouldn't be surprised at all.

Haha. If they could play Dallas 42 times a year he'd have a chance in this league. A slight chance.
Dallas is 3-7 against the KINGS in games #77 plays in.

To some flawed thinkers around here, that probably signals that the KINGS were right to pass on him.

I mean, if he can't lead his team to beat a KINGS team that has nothing to play for and is 10 games under .500 -- how good could he possibly be???

\

There isn't a single person here I'm aware of touting Harrison Barnes as a "star", let alone the general fan base.

To use your own accusation against you, no matter what evidence is provided to topple your house of cards take -- you don't acknowledge it. Or back off.

Pot meet kettle.

Prime example, I recently brought to light your hypocrisy in citing the KINGS record w/o Fox all while touting Holmes as the team's MVP when the team has managed an even better record w/o him. No acknowledgement of the gigantic hole poked into your logic, of course. Which is probably a good thing as I imagine you'd just try moving the goal posts.

Honestly, I get a strong feeling that your handle is just a burner account for another member here. Wouldn't be surprised at all.
You are correct I take back what I said about Holmes maybe when the Kings went 500. without Fox he impressed me a lot (must have been a whole team effort even CoJo was playing actual D than) and I over assumed his impact when Fox was there I stand corrected on that. The Kings were indeed better without him last year (Alex Len thinking back on it was huge for a good chuck of games) just like they have been without Fox these past two.

You clearly missed the sticky and intro guide on being a Kings fan 101 (and I don't just mean for this site, but on other platforms too).
1. Fox is GOAT, you cannot criticize him at all whether constructive or not
2. The only way you can break rule #1, is if it's to praise Tyrese
3. If you don't say Buddy is a numbnut at least once a week, you're not a Kings fan
4. Harrison Barnes is the greatest leader since Lincoln. His intangibles are so great that were you to try and quantify them, you'd die.
5. Buddy, Walton and Bagley together are a net 2,000 losses over the past two seasons. That's just the facts.
Awesome!

dude12

Hall of Famer
Ujiri isn't jockeying for a better ping pong ball position. They just beat the Lakers and are in the mix for the play in. As you mentioned, one of the best GMs in the league didn't trade his second best trade chip for assets at the deadline nor did he instruct his coach to sit his best players.
Lowry and Siakam both played around 40 minutes or just short of that too.

dude12

Hall of Famer

Pot meet kettle.

I’ve been saying the same thing. Burner account.

I’m talking about on the Kings side. It’s much easier to be relaxed in your shooting when the games don’t matter.

Geez, it’s pretty standard practice around the league to discount performances in run it out games this time of year. I mention Skal specifically because I remember being encouraged about Skal’s play around this time and being told by knowledgeable people to wait and see what he could do when games mattered. They were correct.

My only point, which I assumed would not be too controversial, was you have to be careful about judging any performance positive or negative based on performance this time of year.

Last edited:
Geez, it’s pretty standard practice around the league to discount performances in run it out games this time of year. I mention Skal specifically because I remember being encouraged about Skal’s play around this time and being told by knowledgeable people to wait and see what he could do when games mattered. They were correct.

My only point, which I assumed would not be too controversial, was you have to be careful about judging any performance positive or negative based on performance this time of year.
But you also have to put all those things in context in some others ways. If you are mostly a production player and your franchise never commits to you it's going to be a short window for you regarless of when or how you show out. Players like that are always going to be as positive as their role dictates. That's why it's kind of important not just for the tank, but to see what these young potential talents can do before it's too late in the year or their contracts for it to matter anyway. It's like Bagley's minutes getting crunched the last few years so Nemanja Bjelica, Harry Giles, Kosta Koufos, Willie, Skal, Damian Jones, and so on and so on can play. Where did all of that get you? A star potential number 2 pick on the downside of his contract with one foot out the door, no wins to show for it, and on the cusp of convincing yourself that a Holmes or a Metu or a Jones are your future over him. They could be a part of it but my goodness they are close to blowing this big time.

But you also have to put all those things in context in some others ways. If you are mostly a production player and your franchise never commits to you it's going to be a short window for you regarless of when or how you show out. Players like that are always going to be as positive as their role dictates. That's why it's kind of important not just for the tank, but to see what these young potential talents can do before it's too late in the year or their contracts for it to matter anyway. It's like Bagley's minutes getting crunched the last few years so Nemanja Bjelica, Harry Giles, Kosta Koufos, Willie, Skal, Damian Jones, and so on and so on can play. Where did all of that get you? A star potential number 2 pick on the downside of his contract with one foot out the door, no wins to show for it, and on the cusp of convincing yourself that a Holmes or a Metu or a Jones are your future over him. They could be a part of it but my goodness they are close to blowing this big time.
I think they already blew it for the reasons you just listed. You absolutely HAVE to immediately feature a number 2 pick. If it's a mistake of a pick, it's better to fail fast and get another high draft pick immediately.

What you saw from Bagley is what you get when he doesn't have to take a back seat to anyone. Confident and aggressive. Not looking over his shoulder worried about being yanked for any indiscretion.

yes I agree development minutes are important. I would have played all my young guys versus playing (or acquiring) Harkless and Wright. But even with that being true you have to keep success at this time in context.

yes I agree development minutes are important. I would have played all my young guys versus playing (or acquiring) Harkless and Wright. But even with that being true you have to keep success at this time in context.
No doubt, I totally agree with your point. Yeah, espcially team success. There's always some young team at the end of the year tricking people into believing that at the start of the next year it will be them hitting the ground running. The problem with the Kings is that it seems year after year it's on the backs of players that aren't in the long term picture anyway and there is literally no point in that. All the people thinking that brief run last year with Giles and Nemanja along with a cast and crew of not even here anymores is exactly why you don't do that.

No doubt, I totally agree with your point. Yeah, espcially team success. There's always some young team at the end of the year tricking people into believing that at the start of the next year it will be them hitting the ground running. The problem with the Kings is that it seems year after year it's on the backs of players that aren't in the long term picture anyway and there is literally no point in that. All the people thinking that brief run last year with Giles and Nemanja along with a cast and crew of not even here anymores is exactly why you don't do that.
Yep, people blame Walton for that fact but at least 50% of the blame has to go on the front office. They are acquiring these short term role players. They are perfectly capable of picking up the phone and saying for development we want to play x, y and z. Do you think the OKC coach made the decision to sit Horford who isn’t in there long term plan? If Horford were on the Kings he would be playing 34 minutes a night right now.