[Game] Kings @ Los Angeles Clippers, 2/25/2024, 6:30p PT/9:30p ET (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The thing about the Clippers is that their games are 50% Kawhi being awesome, 5% PG being great, and 45% Harden and Russ dribbling the absolute air out of the ball.

Good first half.

Strong balance from the starters. Fox playing very well on both ends. Breaking down the defense. Domas started 1-8 but went 4-5 in the second quarter and seems to have found his flow. Putting in work on the glass and making plays. No turnovers as well.

Need more from the bench.

Good team defense as well outside of a couple lapses on corner threes

The thing about the Clippers is that their games are 50% Kawhi being awesome, 5% PG being great, and 45% Harden and Russ dribbling the absolute air out of the ball.
The problem for other teams come playoff time is besting that out of 7 games. The Clippers have one of the most simplistic and coasting type of offenses in the NBA and some of the most capable players when playing lazy dribble into doubles and kick out ball in league history haha.

Perkins apparently thinks we’re too young and too athletic to be a bad defensive team. There’s so much wrong with that statement I don’t even know where to begin.

A consistent effort on both sides of the ball over the final 24 minutes of action wins us this game.

The question, however, becomes...Do we have, in us, a consistent effort on both sides of the ball over the final 24 minutes of action?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Fox still had the ball when the whistle blew so no matter what Kings were getting the possession, it was a dumb challenge. Clippers were never getting the ball.
I figured worst case scenario would have been that they called Fox's slide across the floor a travel and gave the ball to the Clips.

Really just a bad first quarter. His second quarter was basically him doing his thing. Especially if Fox helps take Zubac away from the hoop
Zubac is a nightmare defensive match-up. Dude is incredible and one of the best rim protectors in basketball. And he's big and strong enough where Domas can't push him around like some of the other string bean C's. Still blows my mind the Lakers tosses him aside for nothing and he's just been a constant quality starter for like 4+ years now.

Still, great to see Domas still getting his.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
To be fair, that was a bad moment that could literally have caused permanent hearing damage, and that fan shouldn't have done that.
To be fair to everyone involved, I’m not sure why the Warriors were having high level team personnel sit in the stands of the other team’s home arena in a playoff series in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.