Kings @ Knicks Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
we lost this because of Artest's fadeaway with 40 seconds left..

possibly the most stupid shot of the year.

I absolutely agree. And it wasn't bad enough that he took that stupid forced shot, but then when he brought the ball down the floor at the end, I knew he would take the three. Didn't matter that there were better shooters on the floor at the time. I am sick of Ron's arrogance on the offense. And if the plays were called by Musselman (which I doubt) then I am sick of his stupidity.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Yes, Musselman needs to say:

We lost 6 effin games in a row. We have to find a way to win now that we have found just about every way to lose known to man.

Artests shot was moronic.

That said, the game was lost in other places.

Mike Bibby is very limited to our success unless he scores...he might as well stayed at the hotel with Brad.

4 of 15, 4 turnovers, 1-7 on 3's, and Marbury blasted him.

Artest was just as awful on offense, but, played solid on defense.

Reef had a nice offensive game, but, was abused on defense, which is the norm.

Pittsburgh Kings Fan's Keys to the Game

1.) Ron Artest back in New York. The last time the Kings played the Knicks, they beat them 112-100. Ron Artest went for a career high 39 points. He added 8 rebounds and 5 steals. New York is Ron's home town. Maybe the home town atmosphere will get him going. I could put Maurice Taylor in this category too, but I'm not going to because I do not thing he will be part of the game today.

2.) Inside Offensive Prescense? The Kings need someone inside to score. Kenny Thomas, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, and Maurice Taylor need to step it up Offensivley in order for the Kings to win the game.

3.) Defense and Rebounding Inside. The Kings are one of the worst defensive and rebounding teams. Kenny Thomas, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, and Maurice Taylor need to step it up Defensivley as well in order for the Kings to win. Maybe even Justin Williams will get some playing time with Brad Miller out of the game.

4.) Scoring Averages. The Kings are averaging 101.5 points per game, which is good enough for 7th in the league. The bad, they are 21st in the league in defense, giving up 101.8 points per game. The Knicks give up 102.5 points per game, 25th in the league, and score 99.9 points per game, 9th in the league. The Kings should win this game based on averages.

5.) Get off to a good start. The Kings are on a 5 game losing streak. Their last win was against the Knicks. In that game, They started off hot scoring 33 points to 26 in the first quarter. From there, they didn't look back.
1.) Ron Artest back in New York. Ron Artest only scored 12 points on 4 of 15 shooting. Not only that, but he took a bad three point shot at the end of the game. He needs to shoot less.

2.) Inside Offensive Prescense? Kenny Thomas and Maurice Taylor had 6 total points, but Shareef had 25 points. We could of won if Kenny or Maurice stepped up a little bit more.

3.) Defense and Rebounding Inside. Justin Williams had 5 rebounds in 10 minutes, But the 3 players I mentioned totaled 16 rebounds in 66 minutes. The defense wasn't great either. Channing, Curry, and Lee had 56 Points.

4.) Scoring Averages. Kings had less points than they averaged, and gave up more than they averaged.

5.) Get off to a good start. They outscored the KNicks 27-23 in the first quarter.

Ya..

that fadeaway by Artest with about 40 secs left was a dumb shot, but did u expect anything else? You knew and I even was sitting there watching the game over at my dad's and I told him watch Artest will force a shot because the game being in New York he wants to be the hero.

Justin altered some shots, had a put back, and played really well IMO. He had 5 rebounds and the effort was there. He was a definite positive.

Kevin played really well too...

Ron and Mike... these two are just frustrating.

SAR was good all game long, problem is the team is going away from SAR and Martin after both of them hit clutch shots to keep the lead or take the lead in the end. Instead shots after that were taken by players who seemed to be more interested in taking the spotlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.