[Game] Kings @ Knicks, 2/25/21 4:30pm PST 7:30pm EST

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I took a phone call and they’re down 17 now, huh?

They need a full fledged tear-down to the ground. There isn’t a “let’s hold on to Holmes or Barnes and hope this gets straightened out” situation. Do we really want to live in a world where in an absolute best case we can compete for the 8 seed in a season or two or three? Yuck.

And while it's totally Montes fault for letting this continue, the players should be docked as well. These last couple of games is the first time we've seen THIS kind of total don't give a crap attitude.
Who says whether its his call to keep luke or not? He cleaned house outside of the expensive head coach on a new deal.... wonder why

What happened to this team?

This is more than just a few minor injuries. They went from looking like they could challenge for a playoff spot to looking like the worst team in the NBA seemingly overnight.
First of all. The team was a in a really, really fragile state before the run. Somehow Fox took the team on his back and to Lukes credit he gave it to him. Then, after a practice day, Luke put his motion stuff back in. It was as terrible as ever and then slowly but surely the players started buying out. That fragile state returned and then its now come to them not really caring much except of a few players and their individual games. Maybe Fox was hampered, the injuries didn't help, but the system failure was and has been the major problem. However, this is starting to look as pointless with these players as the John Salmons years did. Where they are starting to just wait this out. You can see it on their faces. There's runs in any game but when that point in the game comes if you aren't committing to the little stuff you still aren't buying in.

Is it so players dont get hurt for a trade, tanking, or both?
I think the Kings were never looking to make the playoffs. It sucks because they might be giving up on something better than what they end up with. When a GM sits on his hands and waits while his players cries for help go ignored then when they themselves pull themselves out of the mess only to find the same coach, with the same bad concepts calling the shots, they're done. This is reminiscent of the last few years of Petries tenure. Where dude was a ghost. And I know he said the Maloofs handcuffed him but man, they didn't force him to overpay Jason Thompson I'm sure so I might buy that for a dollar.

All of a sudden, Kayte and Kyle have TURNED on this team. HARD.
Because Luke finally broke these players and it looks ugly and people resent it since these guys should be thankful just to be playing, blah, blah, blah. Only an idiot who doesn't have a shred of IQ can't see this stuff coming in the NBA of all games and expecting these pros to play with the heart of a D3 college team is naive. Players are more open and easy to read in this sport than any other since it's so individualized.

The 2nd half will be interesting. Almost every game some of the players have put together some effort at some point. Who will it be tonight? After every loss now it seems like one extra body isn't interested in this BS anymore, lol.

I think the Kings were never looking to make the playoffs. It sucks because they might be giving up on something better than what they end up with. When a GM sits on his hands and waits while his players cries for help go ignored then when they themselves pull themselves out of the mess only to find the same coach, with the same bad concepts calling the shots, they're done. This is reminiscent of the last few years of Petries tenure. Where dude was a ghost. And I know he said the Maloofs handcuffed him but man, they didn't force him to overpay Jason Thompson I'm sure so I might buy that for a dollar.
I see, ouch yeah might hurt us. Well if we end up with Evan Mobley or one of those other top picks I’d be able to forgive this season instead of be angry like every other season. Man and we got a soft 2nd half too. Losing for this long really hurts lol.