[Game] Kings @ Jazz - Saturday, March 17 - 6 PDT

gunks

Hall of Famer
Another WCS apologist. Step right up and take a number. He sucks. Any other night he’s a great rim protector, right?
I dunno if he straight up sucks, but I don't see WCS as a starter if we ever want to be good again. He's way too soft and inconsistent.

If we go big in the draft, it might be time to sell high on him though. I'd hate for us to overpay or lose him for nothing when it comes time to re-up on his contract.

I dunno if he straight up sucks, but I don't see WCS as a starter if we ever want to be good again. He's way too soft and inconsistent.

If we go big in the draft, it might be time to sell high on him though. I'd hate for us to overpay or lose him for nothing when it comes time to re-up on his contract.
Yup I agree. His impact on defense is overstated in my opinion. His mobility becomes less and less valuable when we improve our perimeter defense, which is something that needs to happen, and his interior defense is nothing to write home about. I think we should value him around the level of a Robin Lopez/ Kosta Koufos/ Mason Plumlee. Keep in mind we have Giles and Skal and potentially another big from the upcoming draft. At some point it's not worth holding out hope that he becomes a good player, especially if he's commanding a high price.

Another way to look at it if you want him as starting C - can he make life difficult for Cousins/KAT/Gobert/Nurkic/Jokic/Davis/KP/Embiid and the like? So far, the matchups he's had suggest the negative. And if he can't defend them well, then he's not that valuable because he sure isn't making them work on defense either.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
It seems that Bogs and Buddy had a mutual blood transfusion after the NBA break. Bogs got some of the Buddy dribbling fetish and Buddy got some of the Bogs BBIQ and passing ability. On that last minute play in which Bogs dribbles into "The Wall" and futilely tries to put up a shot Fox was right there in Bogs' line of vision standing all alone at the 3 point line*; Bogs could have hit him easily with the pass if he had his head on straight and looking up. I've seen too much of Bogs over-dribbling of late; this is just one example.

Buddy, on the other hand, seems to have gotten the cure**, at least for the time being. This is a big step up in Buddy's game, imo, and bodes well if he can just keep it up. Now if we can get both of these guys trusting in the pass, along with Fox, then you've really got something special. Imagine a fully rested Bogs, who reverts back to good passing and BBIQ, coupled with his excellent 3 point shooting, in combination with new Buddy Hield of BBIQ, an unselfish shot and assist-maker, and last but not least Fox, whose shot will be even better and who can get it anytime he wants it and can also make the very good pass. That's not just a pipe dream - that's a legitimate possibility going forward.

*After the mishap Fox went over to Bogs and discussed it with him.

** That cure has been administered by Joerger, who has publicly indirectly referred to Buddy's over-dribbling, yanking him out an entire quarter because of it, and after the same game mentioning cryptically that that's what young players do (over-dribble), or they ugh, ah, ah....they won't be here anymore.