Kings going to Seattle! Well, for a preseason game anyways....

What’s understandable Dave? Why are they mad about the Kings? Aren’t they happy Sacramento didn’t get screwed out of its basketball club or are they big hypocrites? We feel bad for them now? The Kings were never their team

Hope to see the Kings get a preseason win at Key Arena for old times sake.

Send the Rattle Seattle signs up there

Last edited:
This is such an insult to the Settle basketball faithful! I am with Carmichael Dave on this one, it is SUCH A DUMB IDEA! Seriously, the only way it could have been more insulting is if you had OKC play the Kings.

I almost started feeling sorry for Seattle basketball fans until I recalled how much crap we had to put up with from them during the whole relocation/sale to Seattle saga that we went through with the Maloofs.

What’s understandable Dave? Why are they mad about the Kings? Aren’t they happy Sacramento didn’t get screwed out of its basketball club or are they big hypocrites? We feel bad for them now? The Kings were never their team

Hope to see the Kings get a preseason win at Key Arena for old times sake.

Send the Rattle Seattle signs up there
Were you around during the relocation to Seattle saga? If you were you would realize how naive your comments are. Yes they actually believed that Kings were their team and were more than happy to do to other fan base exactly what was done to them. There really was not much sympathy at all.

Majority of the fans were more than happy to rip a team out of Sacramento as long as they got a team. Before Maloofs “sold” the Kings to the Seattle group I felt sorry for Seattle fans but the lack of dignity and class they showed to us when they thoughthey had our team has changed my mind completely. **** them I say but I still think it is a dumb idea to have the Kings play a game there. Hell it’s almost as bad as having OKC play a game there!

Were you around during the relocation to Seattle saga? If you were you would realize how naive your comments are. Yes they actually believed that Kings were their team and were more than happy to do to other fan base exactly what was done to them. There really was not much sympathy at all.

Majority of the fans were more than happy to rip a team out of Sacramento as long as they got a team. Before Maloofs “sold” the Kings to the Seattle group I felt sorry for Seattle fans but the lack of dignity and class they showed to us when they thoughthey had our team has changed my mind completely. **** them I say but I still think it is a dumb idea to have the Kings play a game there. Hell it’s almost as bad as having OKC play a game there!
Reading your post I’m not sure why you ask if I was there or suggest I’m being naive. Unless you didn’t detect the loads of sarcasm in my post(which is understandable online) but otherwise we’re in agreement about Seattle fans. I’m not really asking if they’re hypocrites because I know they’re hypocrites. I’m not really asking if they’re happy Sacramento didn’t get screwed because I know they were just fine with it happening to us. No the Kings were never their team. I’m only really asking why Dave gives a damn at all or what is “understandable” about Seattle holding a vendetta against a town that only kept what was theirs. My attitude towards Seattle b-ball fans is an exact result of having been there during the whole saga. My attitude towards them shifted so much that I’m fairly happy to have their faces rubbed in it. That’s just me though.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Reading your post I’m not sure why you ask if I was there or suggest I’m being naive. Unless you didn’t detect the loads of sarcasm in my post(which is understandable online) but otherwise we’re in agreement about Seattle fans. I’m not really asking if they’re hypocrites because I know they’re hypocrites. I’m not really asking if they’re happy Sacramento didn’t get screwed because I know they were just fine with it happening to us. No the Kings were never their team. I’m only really asking why Dave gives a damn at all or what is “understandable” about Seattle holding a vendetta against a town that only kept what was theirs. My attitude towards Seattle b-ball fans is an exact result of having been there during the whole saga. My attitude towards them shifted so much that I’m fairly happy to have their faces rubbed in it. That’s just me though.
Sarcasm is very hard to pull off on a message board. In this case, when the topic is something as sensitive as the whole Seattle drama/tragedy, it's very easy to overlook when someone is posting tongue-in-cheek. I have to agree with Parni - I wasn't sure about the sarcasm either.

At first I thought it was a bad idea. Poor taste. Now I think it's a fantastic idea.

I would love it if they rubbed it in the Seattle fans faces. We used to all have sympathy for them but that all changed when they were perfectly happy to try and rip our team away the same way theirs got ripped from them. No sympathy from me.

Enjoy the game Seattle fans.

At first I thought it was a bad idea. Poor taste. Now I think it's a fantastic idea.

I would love it if they rubbed it in the Seattle fans faces. We used to all have sympathy for them but that all changed when they were perfectly happy to try and rip our team away the same way theirs got ripped from them. No sympathy from me.

One thing that needs to be remembered is that crap they spewed was hopefully from a small minority. There was a very vocal few (controlled at least one of their boards and didn't tolerate opposition) that made a lot of noise. I would hate to judge the many based on the actions of a few. On the other hand, a few rotten apples spoil the barrell.

One thing that needs to be remembered is that crap they spewed was hopefully from a small minority. There was a very vocal few (controlled at least one of their boards and didn't tolerate opposition) that made a lot of noise. I would hate to judge the many based on the actions of a few. On the other hand, a few rotten apples spoil the barrell.
I'm sure a few were more obnoxious than others but I'm pretty sure the majority wouldn't vote to not be hypocrites and take our team. I think they were perfectly happy with getting the Kings, even if it meant that they were going to screw us over in the process the same way they got screwed originally.

Yeah. Screw them as far as I'm concerned. Like 3 weeks after that was announced I had to go up to Seattle for job training (my company is headquartered there) and there were parties in the streets. If you turned on the news up there every station's anchors were smiling ear to ear talking about how great it was going to be to get the Sonics back. Everyone they interviewed were saying the same things. "Go Sonics!" "Bring em back baby!" No mention of "Oh, aren't we kind of hypocrites for this?" No mention at all that Sacramento was getting screwed over. You'd think a city that has tried to play the victim card so strongly since their relocation would at least try and hide their excitement that another franchise was getting relocated and another city screwed over.

Yeah. Screw them as far as I'm concerned. Like 3 weeks after that was announced I had to go up to Seattle for job training (my company is headquartered there) and there were parties in the streets. If you turned on the news up there every station's anchors were smiling ear to ear talking about how great it was going to be to get the Sonics back. Everyone they interviewed were saying the same things. "Go Sonics!" "Bring em back baby!" No mention of "Oh, aren't we kind of hypocrites for this?" No mention at all that Sacramento was getting screwed over. You'd think a city that has tried to play the victim card so strongly since their relocation would at least try and hide their excitement that another franchise was getting relocated and another city screwed over.
While that may be true, what was the reaction when the Kings came to town? I don't recall outrage and I don't recall protests that what we were doing was wrong.

This game doesn't seem right. Different teams that didn't have a history with the relocation to test market appeal. Maybe.

While that may be true, what was the reaction when the Kings came to town? I don't recall outrage and I don't recall protests that what we were doing was wrong.

This game doesn't seem right. Different teams that didn't have a history with the relocation to test market appeal. Maybe.
Well KC took them from Cincinnati and they were only in KC for a few years. If I recall they moved to Sac because attendance was putrid. People in KC don't even seem to care that they don't have an NBA team. Their sole focuses are the Chiefs and Royals. I get your point though. We have done it to a team in the past. I'm sure there are KC fans out there that hate us for them moving here. But the Sonics situation is way different. They have released many documentaries on what happened to them and various other forms of propaganda that shows them as victims with the intent of having people feel sorry for them that they lost their team and the terrible thing that is franchise relocation. Then when it gets announced that they might be able to steal a team from another city dealing with a similar situation, they jump for joy in the streets and celebrate the possibility. It has to do with them being massive, massive hypocrites more than anything else. That being said though I do hope they eventually get team. What happened to them was terrible and I feel like if it had been Sacramento in their shoes we would be doing similar things.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Seattle people generally suck, I live there so I can say that. All my friends gave me crap, knowing I was a Kings fan, when the relocation saga happened. Honestly, I wouldn't have been too heartbroken if they moved (I was planning on getting a Kings Cuz jersey to wear to games), but I'd be bummed as heck for all you guys, as well as the dissolution of the franchise. So yeah, eff those Sonics fan hypocrites.

Anyways, they shouldn't get butthurt. This is an expansion teaser. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sonics back in the next 5 years.

I'm gonna try to make it to that game. It'll be fun to boo the **** outta those smug Warriors. And it's pre-season, so we might beat em!

As much as some of these fans would deserve to rub it into their face, there is a vast majority that said they wanted the team but not at the expense of another city.

Another thing to consider is the absolute vitriol that out team (and I mean players, staff, fans etc...) would be subjected to during this game. It will just be an ugly look which I think the NBA will look to avoid. I suspect Warriors will probably play there but I doubt the Kings will.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
who's idea is this?
Warriors. If I understand correctly, they played a preseason game for us this year so we are playing one for them next year, or something like that. For some reason they chose Seattle to host a preseason game (I think they have people with connections to Seattle on staff) and they are using this to give the city an NBA game. We are just doing them the curtesy of playing the game where they ask.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Warriors. If I understand correctly, they played a preseason game for us this year so we are playing one for them next year, or something like that. For some reason they chose Seattle to host a preseason game (I think they have people with connections to Seattle on staff) and they are using this to give the city an NBA game. We are just doing them the curtesy of playing the game where they ask.
There is NO way this comes off looking anything but bad for the Kings. I would strongly suspect GSW of doing it on purpose.

ridiculous notion. why the **** are we gracing them with our presence. **** seattle the whole city, all the people who worked against us and the seahawks

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
That is some of the most ridiculous crock of BS I've ever heard for a reason

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
That is some of the most ridiculous crock of BS I've ever heard for a reason
You can add another one to the mix: Ailene Voisin thinks it's a GREAT idea and the excitement of the fans will help convince the NBA to revisit the idea of putting a team in Seattle.