Kings Evacuated

So I don't know if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it anywhere. Anyway, I heard on the news this afternoon that there was a small fire in a kitchen vent at the hotel the kings were staying at here in portland. They were apparently evacuated at 1 am. Lack of sleep can't be too good for the game tonight.

Here is the link from the news program I saw it on:
http://www.koin.com/news.asp?ID=2020

mmmmhmm you can't tell me this wasn't done on purpose....

nah just joshin...

well I hope that everyone who was in the hotel got out safely with no injuries and everything is just peachy now...

I wonder how long they had to be outside...i remember once being outside for like two hours in the middle of the night when i was living in the dorms at college...

iheartBrad said:
I wonder how long they had to be outside...i remember once being outside for like two hours in the middle of the night when i was living in the dorms at college...
"Fire crews arrived on scene just before 1 a.m. It took 62 firefighters more than an hour to extinguish the flames. It took longer for crews to remove water from the restaurant and hotel.The Sacramento Kings basketball team was reportedly staying at the hotel. The players were evacuated along with the other guests. They take on the Portland Trail Blazers Friday night at the Rose Garden Arena.

Everyone was allowed back inside their rooms around 2 a.m. No injuries were reported."

They stayed outside for an about an hour or so. I highly doubt this will effect the Kings performence unless they just weren't able to fall alseep aftewards.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
So much for a good nights sleep. All I can say is this: Rick PLEASE play Tag against Jozillia at least long enough to get a few good thumps in!

OMG! And did anyone order the cheeseburger? I knew the Blazers had a lot of cons on the team, but this is too much! OTOH, would they really have this much initiative at this point in the season?

*imagines them all standing outside waiting*..half sleep and mad. LOL I can just see them now.. That's funny, not really..but, well ok ima shut up. But I'm glad everything was taken care of and everyone's ok. Hope they had time to get at least a little cat nap in today. Go Kings!!

JSin said:
That's funny, you think NBA players go to bed before 2am.
Napear was on the radio today and he said he was asleep but Mo Evans said he had just ordered room service. I don't think many players get to sleep before 2-3 AM anyways.

lol its gonna get sad if we start blamin losses on an hour less of sleep...im sure they had time to catch up on their sleep if they wanted...im not sayin i aint gonna tell my friends that if we were to lose...just sayin thats a sad excuse lol....anyways..we wont lose tonight...GO KINGS GO

well I don't know about the rest of you guys, but (speaking from personal experience) standing outside in the cold for an hour wakes me up for a good 3 or 4 hours...although I'm kind of an insomniac anyway.

Ryle said:
Napear was on the radio today and he said he was asleep but Mo Evans said he had just ordered room service. I don't think many players get to sleep before 2-3 AM anyways.
see... it's mo's fault...he's a cancer...trade him.. :rolleyes: ;)

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/basketball/kings/story/12697844p-13550369c.html

Kings notes: Kings get unwelcome morning wake-up call

By Martin McNeal -- Bee Staff Writer
Published 2:15 am PDT Saturday, April 9, 2005

Get the latest news in sacbee.com's Kings Alert newsletter. Sign up here.
PORTLAND, Ore. - If the Portland Trail Blazers were fighting with the Kings for a playoff berth, the Friday morning wake-up call the visitors received might seem extremely suspicious.

But this one was no joke.

A fire in the kitchen of an adjoining restaurant resulted in the evacuation of the downtown hotel the Kings were staying in.

"There was no way to miss it with the alarms going off like they were," Kings guard Mike Bibby said. "They got everybody up and out of their rooms."

Erik Daniels said he was surprised to see ambulances, police cars and fire trucks outside the hotel around 1:30 a.m. "You just don't expect that at that time of the morning," said Daniels, who now had one more experience to add to his list of rookie-year tales.