Kings Encounters...

Have you ever met any of the Kings (new and old) or came close to meeting them? What was your experience like? I'd love to hear your stories..and if you have any pics feel free to post them for us..i know we all love to see pics!

Ok.. so no one has ever met the kings? All you fans in sac-town and wherever else. That's wierd..or you just don't wanna share :mad: I thought you guys were like die-hard fans. I guess not. Well I know I am and when the Kings come to Philly I try and get as close as possible. I guess you can say I 'met' CWebb last time they came to Philly. I told him Happy Belated Birthday and he was like "Aww, thank you" and flashed his beautiful smile and he just stood there and stared at me and my mom for what seemed like the longest time just bouncing the ball (my moms in love with him and she was speechless..didnt say ONE word to him! We both still can't get over that!) And Peja waved to me, posed for a picture, read my sign and kept looking over and smiling at me (well I kinda never took my eyes off him maybe that was why too LoL) But they were really really sweet! And Vlade waved at me with his one finger, that was cute (aw I miss him already!) and I'm not going to get into the whole story but I was no more than 10 feet away from Doug (my favorite, of course) and I called him 3 times and he just ignored me and I was getting frustrated b/c I love Doug, I'm his #1 fan and I know he heard me (I didnt even have to yell for him to hear me) and so I'm like "Doug, I know you hear me calling you!" and I turned my head to look at my mom cause I couldn't believe what was happening and when I went to look back at Doug he was gone! I swear he must have ran so fast to the bench (b/c the bench was at the opposite end of the court he was shooting at) and when I saw him on the bench he immediately put his head down. That was really...um..I can't even think of a word for that but the first thing/NAME that popped into my head was..JACKIE CHRISTIE! and how it's really true, he doesn't talk to females. BUT..I won't even get into that right now. :-x He really had me feeling some typa way after ignoring me like that though. But hey, I got over it. I still love him the same and love his game and i will definately be at that game this season in my Christie jersey. Hopefully things will be a little better this season. But if anyone has ever met Doug please tell me about it..Is he always like that?..or just with females? Oh and I met Bibby @ the Nets vs Kings game too..got his autograph. They are all cool and I love em! Go Kings!

Sorry for no response but most of us have told our stories before. I met Vlade and Peja, I have an 11 by 14 with me and vlade. I have met Gerald and Lawrence at autograph signing time. I met Jabari and Brad also.

My daughter told vlade that I totally loved him and he winked at me and gave me a thumbs up.

I saw Gerald at TGIF's (same ol story i told in another thread) with him hollerin at ladies in the parking lot.

Then my dad saw Webber at a golf course and then keon like a year later.

I've "met" a few of the players a couple of times. The most recent was Bobby at an event before a Monarchs game. He signed a jersey and I asked him for a hug.

I "met" Vlade and Peja at a signing thing at the Folsom Automall last January or something. And then in March or April I "met" Brad Miller at Food4Less in Cameron Park.

Saw Keon Clark when he was in the SLC airport (after he had been traded to the Jazz and then to the Suns).

Basically just said hi and let him be. ;)

I have seen Vlade/Peja more than 30 times.

:lol:

Geoff petrie 1 time this week.

david bluthenthal 1 time last week.

Kevin martin a month ago.

mike bibby almost every sunday @ church.

The Freak said:

I knew you'd respond to this post........eventually.;)

Unfortunately I have no Kings Encounters, only Knicks ones. :(

ImaDougaholic24_7 said:
Oh and I met Bibby @ the Nets vs Kings game too..got his autograph. They are all cool and I love em! Go Kings!
are you serious?! i was there, too (last yr)! but i couldn't get mike's autograph.. :( my seat was somewhere behind the kings bench.. i got bobby's autograph cause he took time to give some because he wasn't playing that night..i also said "belated happy birthday" to him (his bday was like 3 days earlier --something like that..) i got darius' and gerald's autograph, they were both nice..

i got vlade's pic too, but he didn't sign autographs.. i got high fives from cwebb and vlade while they were returning to the locker room at halftime! :D bibby was sadly an inch too short for me to just touch his head LOL

LMM said:
are you serious?! i was there, too (last yr)! but i couldn't get mike's autograph.. :( my seat was somewhere behind the kings bench.. i got bobby's autograph cause he took time to give some because he wasn't playing that night..i also said "belated happy birthday" to him (his bday was like 3 days earlier --something like that..) i got darius' and gerald's autograph, they were both nice..

i got vlade's pic too, but he didn't sign autographs.. i got high fives from cwebb and vlade while they were returning to the locker room at halftime! :D bibby was sadly an inch too short for me to just touch his head LOL
Yea, well it wasn't last years game it was 2 years ago. My seats were way up over the other side somewhere but I went down to the tunnel where you can stand and Bibby was running in and out and everytime he passed he stopped at signed autographs for people..he was really sweet
:) And thats so cool you got Bobby, Darius and Geralds autographs and high fives. Too bad Bibby was too short lol And how if you don't mind me asking, how do you or anyone get those seats like right behind their bench or even within the first few rows? Are you season ticket holders or just really lucky to get those seats? (I had 2nd row courtside right behind the commentators @ the Sixers vs. Kings game..only because we snuck down there and no one ever claimed their seats lol..that was a lucky once in a lifetime thing) But you people are so lucky with those great seats..I wanna know how you get em though

The Freak said:

Omg that's so cool how you can just see them like that around. I'm guessing you live in Sacramento or somewhere close. Aww Bibby goes to your church! That's sweet. I wish I lived there.

My friend has a friend who lives in the same area as Webb. He and his friend saw Trya and Webb walking his dobermins. Another time he and his friend actually played a pick up game of tennis with jason williams and webber, and lost.

ImaDougaholic24_7 said:
Omg that's so cool how you can just see them like that around. I'm guessing you live in Sacramento or somewhere close. Aww Bibby goes to your church! That's sweet. I wish I lived there.
I live in Natomas :D

Originally Posted by The Freak

Woah your lucky! I've never met any NBA players...:(

ImaDougaholic24_7 said:
Yea, well it wasn't last years game it was 2 years ago. My seats were way up over the other side somewhere but I went down to the tunnel where you can stand and Bibby was running in and out and everytime he passed he stopped at signed autographs for people..he was really sweet
:) And thats so cool you got Bobby, Darius and Geralds autographs and high fives. Too bad Bibby was too short lol And how if you don't mind me asking, how do you or anyone get those seats like right behind their bench or even within the first few rows? Are you season ticket holders or just really lucky to get those seats? (I had 2nd row courtside right behind the commentators @ the Sixers vs. Kings game..only because we snuck down there and no one ever claimed their seats lol..that was a lucky once in a lifetime thing) But you people are so lucky with those great seats..I wanna know how you get em though
i got the tix for 95 bucks (4th row seats though, but somewhere behind the bench, so it's cool!) since it's the nets (they rarely sell out the arena) i went there about 2 weeks or a week before the kings game! ;)

i came to the box office, no one was there.. the lady was kind enough to help me get the best tickets i could! i asked lots of stuff cause it will be my first game! she put me in the closest seat possible, (and yes, i think it was supposed to be for season ticket holders) and i was very pleased that i got them!

i'm definitely going again this season, and this time, i'll buy tickets a little earlier cause then i'll have a better chance to get better seats :D

I haven't met this years new guys yet. Brad, Doug and Darius I've only talked to at autograph signings. The rest I've talked to on different occasions, the funniest of which was probably when Scot Pollard and I showed each other our tattoos.......hmm, that sounds bad, it wasn't anything like that;) Mine is on my shoulder (Kings logo) so he showed me his back (with the SON OF POISON and the tribal work) That was the night he and JB were 'tending bar' at Two Palms in Folsom after a game. We drank some beer, JB was grumpy because he had made a boneheaded play in the closing seconds of the game (which the Kings lost to the 6ers and Sportscenter kept showing the 'highlight':D )

My son has been to Vlades camp for 3 years (didn't go last year) so I've talked with Vlade and Peja extensively there. as well as Bobby Jackson (my son got to go one on one with him) and Chris Webber (who, btw, is very charming in person, really genuinely friendly, he always asks how my kids are when I see him, which blows me away, the fact that he even remembers who we are enough to ask, with all the people he meets)
I have lots of pictures, but most of them I can't find now, since I had them on my ESPN profile, which no longer exists.

Kingsgurl said:
...Chris Webber (who, btw, is very charming in person, really genuinely friendly, he always asks how my kids are when I see him, which blows me away, the fact that he even remembers who we are enough to ask, with all the people he meets)...
wow!! so amazing! and btw, I am SOOOO jealous!

Kingsgurl said:
I haven't met this years new guys yet. Brad, Doug and Darius I've only talked to at autograph signings. The rest I've talked to on different occasions, the funniest of which was probably when Scot Pollard and I showed each other our tattoos.......hmm, that sounds bad, it wasn't anything like that;) Mine is on my shoulder (Kings logo) so he showed me his back (with the SON OF POISON and the tribal work) That was the night he and JB were 'tending bar' at Two Palms in Folsom after a game. We drank some beer, JB was grumpy because he had made a boneheaded play in the closing seconds of the game (which the Kings lost to the 6ers and Sportscenter kept showing the 'highlight':D )

My son has been to Vlades camp for 3 years (didn't go last year) so I've talked with Vlade and Peja extensively there. as well as Bobby Jackson (my son got to go one on one with him) and Chris Webber (who, btw, is very charming in person, really genuinely friendly, he always asks how my kids are when I see him, which blows me away, the fact that he even remembers who we are enough to ask, with all the people he meets)
I have lots of pictures, but most of them I can't find now, since I had them on my ESPN profile, which no longer exists.
The tatoo one I think I still have. I think it's in the middle of the wallpaper I did. If you still want it, I'll check tomorrow at work. ;)

Kingsgurl said:
Chris Webber (who, btw, is very charming in person, really genuinely friendly, he always asks how my kids are when I see him, which blows me away, the fact that he even remembers who we are enough to ask, with all the people he meets)

Chris and Bobby are by far the most charming, kind, friendly, you name it, professional athletes that I have had the pleasure of meeting. Everyone I know who has met them too has nothing but the same to say. I'm really happy that they are in Sacramento :)

LMM said:
i got the tix for 95 bucks (4th row seats though, but somewhere behind the bench, so it's cool!) since it's the nets (they rarely sell out the arena) i went there about 2 weeks or a week before the kings game! ;)

i came to the box office, no one was there.. the lady was kind enough to help me get the best tickets i could! i asked lots of stuff cause it will be my first game! she put me in the closest seat possible, (and yes, i think it was supposed to be for season ticket holders) and i was very pleased that i got them!

i'm definitely going again this season, and this time, i'll buy tickets a little earlier cause then i'll have a better chance to get better seats :D
Thats cool though, you got a really good deal. Thats how much I always pay but it's no where close like that. We always get out tix off of ticketmaster. This year I'm going to try the box office, thanks.

Kingsgurl said:

All I have to say is...you are so lucky!! I'm jealous of you people living in Sacramento with all the good experiences!! :p I gotta take a trip down there soon hopefully when everyone is still on the team. What are places to go to down there or is it really all like cowtown and country as everyone says? Anyone ever been to tunnel 21?

ImaDougaholic24_7 said:
Thats cool though, you got a really good deal. Thats how much I always pay but it's no where close like that. We always get out tix off of ticketmaster. This year I'm going to try the box office, thanks.
oooh.. i think it's always best to go to the box office for tickets.. ticketmaster doesn't give you your best option (until maybe if you tried a thousand times!) if you go to the box office, you'll find someone to really help you out.. :)

that's why i'm still not sure if i could go to the knicks game, cause it won't be easy going to their box office.. i'll just try to get tickets off of ticketmaster, i guess..

if it's convenient for you, and you have the time, i strongly recommend going to the box office..

LMM said:
oooh.. i think it's always best to go to the box office for tickets.. ticketmaster doesn't give you your best option (until maybe if you tried a thousand times!) if you go to the box office, you'll find someone to really help you out.. :)

that's why i'm still not sure if i could go to the knicks game, cause it won't be easy going to their box office.. i'll just try to get tickets off of ticketmaster, i guess..

if it's convenient for you, and you have the time, i strongly recommend going to the box office..
Well I really appreciate this info, thanks a lot. I will be going to the box office this season. Good luck with your Knicks tickets. :)

I came close. I delivered a Hot Spring Spa to Chris Webber and set it up while waiting for him to get home. The bad thing is I had to wait over an hour and a half for him to get home and then he gave me $10,000.00 cash that I had to deposit before I could go home. He has a great house.

I've met, over the years, off the top of my head..

Danny Ainge - At a Raley's when I was a youngin'
Spud Webb - Outside locker room at Arco and JC Pennies
Mitch Richmond - Outside locker room at Arco and JC Pennies
Wayman Tisdale -Outside locker room at Arco
Walt Williams - Outside locker room at Arco
Chris Webber - Edgewood golf course in Tahoe and on court at Arco
Vlade - on court at arco
John Barry - Edgewood in Tahoe

I 'met' a bunch more too but those were the ones I remember the best. I haven't met many over the last few years though.