[Game] Kings @ Celtics, 11/25/2022 5pm Pacific 8pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp. Shows how far we still have to go as a team. When we're rolling, we have the upside to compete with the best in the league, but the consistency remains a major issue. You can't punt 2 quarters vs the best team in the league on the road and expect to win. They aren't the Hornets, Magic or Pistons that will just give the game right back to us.

Go get the win vs PHX and things will be fine. A big part of being "good" is you don't let losing streaks or poor play stack on each other where it all of a sudden becomes a 4-5 game losing streak.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Damn thought we might make a statement..Boston is really quite good.
Yeah at some point familiarity takes precedence. We are doing well dispute having any. One day maybe one day we will actually start 2 seasons in a row with the same starting 5. Been a long time since that happened

Despite our overall good effort, we are still around 26th, 27th on defense as a team.
Until we find a way (either by acquiring better defensive players or by our current players getting better defensively), things will be rough when we face teams like Boston Celtics tonight that got REAL fire power.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Yeah at some point familiarity takes precedence. We are doing well dispute having any. One day maybe one day we will actually start 2 seasons in a row with the same starting 5. Been a long time since that happened
Off the top of my head.... since the golden years?

Or maybe sometime in the Cuz era.

Anyways, this team has built up enough goodwill for me during the win streak that I'm not gonna let a few road losses against tough teams get me down!

Hopefully they get their mojo back at home. Especially Keegan!

Off the top of my head.... since the golden years?

Or maybe sometime in the Cuz era.

Anyways, this team has built up enough goodwill for me during the win streak that I'm not gonna let a few road losses against tough teams get me down!

Hopefully they get their mojo back at home. Especially Keegan!
Yeah despite our woes at times this season, we are only a few things away from being very good imo. Fox had already shown that he can control the tempo and hit the opponents hard for a period of time. Sabonis can surely improve on his outside shots... etc

Speaking of Domas, I was watching the Mavs recent playstyle with Jason Kidd turning back the time and putting Doncic on the low block and that gave him some new power; He can bully most guards and a lot of wings in the league by just backing them down, while at the same time he monitors any defense cheating and he got all kinds of passes up his sleeves to swing the ball to anyone who cheats off, and most importantly, he could drop the ball off easily to their bigs who also creeps into the paint for easy layups. I wonder if we could set something up a little similar for Domas to run as well.

(EDIT: This video spoke of this as well. I am not saying we can 100% copy this but Domas is pretty good at least a few of those things too)

This was a really nice game for us thru the first 2/3rds or so of it. Showed a lot of resiliency fighting back on the home court of the best team in the league. Celtics getting hot and torching us late 3rd is to be expected, good teams turn it on when they need to. Kings just completely folded - after how sloppy the first quarter was we managed to completely outdo it

I’m gonna just attribute it to dead legs in the third game in four days on an east coast swing against 3 top teams in the league. We can take the weekend off and rest for the Suns. 1-2 on this road trip is good enough. On to the next one.

This was a really nice game for us thru the first 2/3rds or so of it. Showed a lot of resiliency fighting back on the home court of the best team in the league. Celtics getting hot and torching us late 3rd is to be expected, good teams turn it on when they need to. Kings just completely folded - after how sloppy the first quarter was we managed to completely outdo it

I’m gonna just attribute it to dead legs in the third game in four days on an east coast swing against 3 top teams in the league. We can take the weekend off and rest for the Suns. 1-2 on this road trip is good enough. On to the next one.
Crazy swings happen in NBA games and unfortunately we experienced one tonight. We had a 6 point lead and then Tatum hit some Bull…. we turned it over a bunch unforced, missed most our shots and then bam, down 20.

I was hoping we would go 4-8 during this rough 12 game stretch starting with the Memphis game. We do that and we are hovering around .500 before we hit a more reasonable schedule

Also have to take some context into account with these last 2. This Celtics team have been the best in the NBA and they're a long-term core that's playoff tested. We lost to a reasonably good Hawks team on the 2nd night of a road B-B. It's a tough two-game stretch for anybody and making any sort of long-term judgement makes absolutely 0 sense to me. 4th game in 6 nights.

Step 1 for me has always been about taking care of business vs "teams we are better than on paper". Especially in advantageous situations like playing at home. That's how you start playing .500 basketball and competing for playoff spots. So far, 5-0 on that front.

Learning to win the 2nd night of a road B-B and beating the elite teams of the league on the road are what top 4 playoff seeds eventually learn to do. We aren't there yet.

the last time the kings went on a winning streak at 5 wins in a row they then went on the lose 10 in a row. Hopefully this won't be a repeat of that, but the schedule isn't going to get any easier.
Aha I remember that season. That's when I first started really getting fed up and finally becoming apathetic. Still think this team this season is legit (just a few bad losses), but we shall see..

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Aha I remember that season. That's when I first started really getting fed up and finally becoming apathetic. Still think this team this season is legit (just a few bad losses), but we shall see..
To be fair, I would have probably been fine if there were only one 9 game losing streak. The issue was that the team somehow had two 9 game losing streaks in fairly short order and Luke Walton somehow avoided getting fired for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.