[Game] Kings @ Cavs (Dec 7th 4:30PT/7:30ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I really don't understand how this is happening.

Broke the Kings offensive rhythm early. The Cavs are playing small, stacking shooters, and forcing the Kings to defend pick and roll. The Kings are also not running more than one pick and roll set in a row almost. That's the Kings bread and butter, or it should be.

Cleveland is unlikely to keep up this pace for the whole game. Look for the Kings to wear them down in the third (as seen in Orlando).

Cleveland has scored 120+ three times this season with a record of 2-1. The Kings need to win this one with defense, but as Tetsujin pointed out they need to play for the whole 24 seconds. I think Cleveland has drained at least 4 shots in the waning seconds of the shot clock.

Last edited:
Knew Clarkson would have a big game against us

Pitiful defensive quarter for the Kings. 39 points for the Cavs in that one

Hopefully that was their best shot

I doubt they go away from what's working. It's up to the Kings coaching staff to figure it out. If they have to go small they have to go small. The Kings need to stick to pick and roll on the other end as well. The same matchup issues working against them can work for them. The Kings just never seem to stick to what works.

Wow Clarkson and Sexton are looking like Jordan and Kobe out there. Why can’t we slow down a bench player and a rookie?

Well as Kingz19 said, it's Clarkson so it was inevitable, but it's pick and roll. They have two combo guards that will run it down your throat and the Kings aren't matching up to it. Teams figured it out weeks ago. The Kings best defense is still a good offense and since they do have some decent individual defenders a play here or there helps along the way.

I doubt they go away from what's working. It's up to the Kings coaching staff to figure it out. If they have to go small they have to go small. The Kings need to stick to pick and roll on the other end as well. The same matchup issues working against them can work for them. The Kings just never seem to stick to what works.
When teams go small they should have Marvin punish them!!!

Lol!!! All you Jackson defenders. He’s looking real good tonite.
Albeit, against the worst team in the NBA.
The only reason he gets playing time is because the Kings don’t have a legit 3 or decent back up. On any other team, he would be in G league 4ever.

Lol!!! All you Jackson defenders. He’s looking real good tonite.
Albeit, against the worst team in the NBA.
The only reason he gets playing time is because the Kings don’t have a legit 3 or decent back up. On any other team, he would be in G league 4ever.
That is the take you have after the first half?

It appears to my eye that a few fairly simple defensive fixes at halftime would put us in a strong position to win. Nothing wrong with the offense.

This is typical of young teams btw... the offense usually comes first. Defense at the pro level takes longer to learn. I love that Coach calls timeouts for teaching moments. Let's see how they can adjust defensively at half.

I'm not too worried... but this is a game we absolutely must win. If we lose I'll probably scowl. Harder.

Hopefully Bogdan's agent is on the phone working a trade to a team which will use his talents correctly.

I'd hate to see Fox, Buddy, and Bogdan never even get the chance to work. We hoped we would, but alas, that doesn't appear to be Joergers vision. It's a huge mistake IMO and one that might hurt bad down the line.

Wow Clarkson and Sexton are looking like Jordan and Kobe out there. Why can’t we slow down a bench player and a rookie?
Sexton is extremely difficult to slow down.. He's not one of these kids like Marvin or Harry or Fox who was always ranked highly by the recruiting services, Sexton exploded onto the scene late, and none of the top guys at his position could match him, he was the leading scorer in the AAU EYBL league and it wasn't even close... no ones really been able to slow him down since he exploded onto the scene, he ended up as the #1 ranked PG in the class but that had nothing to do with reputation, he took that top spot by force...

It's one of those things too like I said one page one.. He's doing most of his attacks to his left. the kid is strong though,he's got an excellent step-back J, he knows how to draw fouls. He's a good player... He's got excellent burst too, great 1st step.

Avery Johnson who was his coach at Bama (and word is Sexton was paid a ton to go there....) used to say that Sexton was the best player in the open court he's ever seen.

Most here seemed to be looking for a 15 point blowout (in the first half). Vegas put the line at 3--that seems more like the game we are seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.