[Game] Kings at Knicks, Sunday Nov. 3, 3 PM PST/6PM EST

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
My point was that the Nets game last year was not an example of a Joeger timeout issue. While odd timeout usage certainly happened in other games, that one was not one of them. He took 4 timeouts in the 4th quarter. He simply could not stop the bleeding.

All this said, I would rather just enjoy today's victory. While I couldnt help to have flashbacks, I shouldnt have brought up last year's gut punch.
Ah, fair enough. I missed that part of your response. My bad.

This recycled take for this game is just as baseless as it was when it was first given. The Kings took 4, yes 4, timeouts in the fourth quarter.

Please use a different game to push this theory.
A theory of holding a double digit lead against the Knicks? It’s proven fact—check the scoreboard.

l expect a competitive game against Toronto. The Kings have some time to prepare, and they've won two, count 'em, two games in row!

P.S. Bjelica has played waay above my expectations this year. Love it!
Said it all last year if you INVOLVE Bjelica and let him playmake and touch the ball he's a beast if you only use him as a spot up shooter your better of trading him the team needs to utilize him like tonight even post touches where he quickly fires a bullet pass out to open players. If Bjelly gets touches he's as good all around player not named Fox we got. Its amazing that so many coaches in the NBA just have not respected his talent even if he's shown it plenty of times.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Said it all last year if you INVOLVE Bjelica and let him playmake and touch the ball he's a beast if you only use him as a spot up shooter your better of trading him the team needs to utilize him like tonight even post touches where he quickly fires a bullet pass out to open players. If Bjelly gets touches he's as good all around player not named Fox we got. Its amazing that so many coaches in the NBA just have not respected his talent even if he's shown it plenty of times.
I also think that involving him in an offense that is not a fast break sprint on most possessions helps him considerably. He's just not the kind of guy who is going to thrive with an offense that leads the league in pace. I think that applies to Bogs also.

A theory of holding a double digit lead against the Knicks? It’s proven fact—check the scoreboard.
Perhaps I was not clear. The Nets game, to which we blew a record lead last year and of which I had uncomfortable flashbacks during Sunday's Knick's game, had nothing to do with the Jeoger's timeout issue. Timeouts used or not used had nothing to do with the collapse since he used 4 of them during the failure. That is the wrong game to use as an example to illustrate frustrations with that coach's lack of timeouts.

Perhaps I was not clear. The Nets game, to which we blew a record lead last year and of which I had uncomfortable flashbacks during Sunday's Knick's game, had nothing to do with the Jeoger's timeout issue. Timeouts used or not used had nothing to do with the collapse since he used 4 of them during the failure. That is the wrong game to use as an example to illustrate frustrations with that coach's lack of timeouts.
What’s the right game then? When did he take those Nets timeouts too? Were they within single digits by that point?

What’s the right game then? When did he take those Nets timeouts too? Were they within single digits by that point?
I don’t know the right game. You’re the one with the issue with his timeouts. You can look up play by plays on ESPN. You can also look up the Nets game, I’ve done it before, I’m not going back.

I don’t know the right game. You’re the one with the issue with his timeouts. You can look up play by plays on ESPN. You can also look up the Nets game, I’ve done it before, I’m not going back.
No, I agree that Nets game is no fun to revisit. Really wish Joerger had done a better job coaching that one. Oh well, thankfully Walton did a great job maintaining a blowout lead. On to the Raptors.
So, I actually checked it, and get this: the 4th Q starts with a 25 point lead. Joerger calls a TO at 9:57 when the lead has dwindled to 20. He calls another TO at 8:21 with the lead at 16. The next TO doesn’t occur until 2:07 with the lead now down to 2. Not all starters back on the floor until the lead is down to ten. So, yeah, the Nets game fits. Terrible job by Joerger.

Last edited:
No, I agree that Nets game is no fun to revisit. Really wish Joerger had done a better job coaching that one. Oh well, thankfully Walton did a great job maintaining a blowout lead. On to the Raptors.
So, I actually checked it, and get this: the 4th Q starts with a 25 point lead. Joerger calls a TO at 9:57 when the lead has dwindled to 20. He calls another TO at 8:21 with the lead at 16. The next TO doesn’t occur until 2:07 with the lead now down to 2. Not all starters back on the floor until the lead is down to ten. So, yeah, the Nets game fits. Terrible job by Joerger.
Terrible by all.
Don’t forget the last and our final timeout called when we were tied. 4 in a quarter. Again, timeouts was not the issue.
Reply if you want but I’m out of this conversation.