[Game] Kings at Hawks, 1/26/2022, 7:30pm ET/4:30pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Just got on to the tv….Hali wilting under the pressure of having to carry this team? Gentry still running Walton’s stuff? Hield sucking the life out of the team when he’s on the floor? All of the above?

Harkless at SF, not good enough, but Barnes at PF next to him, yes, your best bet for sure. Harkless with him is probably the only thing they've got at the moment. Is what it is.

Just got on to the tv….Hali wilting under the pressure of having to carry this team? Gentry still running Walton’s stuff? Hield sucking the life out of the team when he’s on the floor? All of the above?
There is one guy on this entire roster capable of consistent go to ability and that's Fox. Period, end of story. However, while this is beyond rotation or strategy because of the shaky, negative atmosphere the front court of Bagley/Holmes is dead, done. Gone. Bagley and Holmes need to be the C rotation, not a front court. The spacing is terrible, has been, always will be and without Fox it basically means Haliburton hitting every step back 3 is critical. That's too much pressure for a player not yet physically capable of man to man play.

Louis King sighting
If Gentry has any sense, and since he's basically run most of Lukes rotations it's probably not likely but he'd put Barnes and King out there together from here on with Bagley at C. That's as close to modern as they have and if King starts playing like he did last season teams will have to watch him on the perimeter.

Really ? And Marvin Bagley doesn't get to come in to make room for Damian Jones ?

This is why this franchise is so trash. They have zero interest in rebuilding and developing talent. Instead they overpay for middling vets with the hopes of sneaking into the playoffs.

Does Vivek not understand that you can't just buy your way to a winning team in the NBA, especially if you're a small market team like Sacramento ?

Perhaps it works like that in other industries but not here.

You need talent and you need to have a winning culture and personnel.

I'm just about ready to stop watching the Kings and start watching the Stockton Kings.

Really ? And Marvin Bagley doesn't get to come in to make room for Damian Jones ?

This is why this franchise is so trash. They have zero interest in rebuilding and developing talent. Instead they overpay for middling vets with the hopes of sneaking into the playoffs.

Does Vivek not understand that you can't just buy your way to a winning team in the NBA, especially if you're a small market team like Sacramento ?

Perhaps it works like that in other industries but not here.

You need talent and you need to have a winning culture and personnel.

I'm just about ready to stop watching the Kings and start watching the Stockton Kings.
I'm legit starting to think there is a doctors order on Bagley. Like, don't play him more than 24 mpg because his head will implode or something. It's just so bizarre. That has to be a directive there. Joerger, Walton, and now Gentry all playing him around that same average.

I'm legit starting to think there is a doctors order on Bagley. Like, don't play him more than 24 mpg because his head will implode or something. It's just so bizarre. That has to be a directive there. Joerger, Walton, and now Gentry all playing him around that same average.
Well we know his minutes result in a higher number to provide a qualifying offer. So it could be an order from Monte.

My goodness.

Davion was +7 in 31 min. Tyrese was -34 in 37+ min.

Carry the one... that means Tyrese was -41 in no more than 20 min.

And he was -40 in 27 min yesterday.

OUCH.

I honestly think there's a command from above to win at all costs. So they play vets a bunch of minutes, and still lose anyway.

It's just sad

Tyrese might be catching on to the idea that the only way he's going to be part of the solution for the Kings is if he or Fox gets traded for Ben Simmons lol. Barnes Buddy and Holmes ain't bringing you a savior.

I don't think it's minutes though, I believe it's starts, and he's starting so that doesn't make much sense
I don't think it's minutes though, I believe it's starts, and he's starting so that doesn't make much sense
Any first round pick selected 1-14 in the Draft who fails to meet the “starter criteria” during his prior season or fails to average the “starter criteria” over his prior two seasons will receive the lesser of (x) the player’s fourth year salary increased by the percentage called for in the player’s applicable Rookie Salary Scale, or (y) the same Qualifying Offer amount as the 15th pick in the Draft (for purposes of such Qualifying Offer amount, the fourth year salary of the 15th player will be deemed to equal 120% of the rookie scale amount applicable to the 15th player). The “starter criteria” for a season are: (i) starting 41 or more Regular Season games, and (ii) 2,000 or more minutes of playing time in a Regular Season.

Status
Not open for further replies.