Kings 2022-2023 Schedule release

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This “we can’t release the full schedule until noon but will leak tweet-sized portions before then to tiptoe around the embargo” practice by the local media is more annoying than it is helpful.
The absolutely stupid thing about all this is that they’ve all had the schedule for about a week. Why can’t the NBA just release it to the general public at the same time?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
The absolutely stupid thing about all this is that they’ve all had the schedule for about a week. Why can’t the NBA just release it to the general public at the same time?
As a guess, they may need to give ticket vendors a chance to get their systems up-to-date so that tickets for all games can be made immediately available once the schedule is publicly released. I don't think they want a situation where an NBA fan says "Look, the NBA officially has a game on my birthday on Nov. 23rd with my hometown team coming into town, but I can't buy tickets!!! What the heck is this crap?!?" But of course, once the ticket vendors get the schedule, stuff gets leaked.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
As a guess, they may need to give ticket vendors a chance to get their systems up-to-date so that tickets for all games can be made immediately available once the schedule is publicly released. I don't think they want a situation where an NBA fan says "Look, the NBA officially has a game on my birthday on Nov. 23rd with my hometown team coming into town, but I can't buy tickets!!! What the heck is this crap?!?" But of course, once the ticket vendors get the schedule, stuff gets leaked.
The issue there is that tickets generally don’t go on sale the same time the schedule gets released. None of this makes much sense

Spoiler alert - they'll be playing the same teams as last year, but in a different order this time.
THIS...is precisely why I can never understand the "hoopla" surrounding the schedule release...It's not like football, where you don't always have the same schedule from one year to the next. Sure, the order of the games are different, but you're always playing the same teams, the same number of times, but just not in the same order.

somewhere else on Twitter it says we have more back to backs at the end of the year than anyone, so I guess we're getting the rest up front - which is actually good with a new coach/system coming in.
Frankly, the only two factors that probably make a difference in relative schedules are back to backs and rest days coming into a game. If we have the most rest games relative to opponents, but more back to back that probably isn’t unintended scheduling by the nba.
As others have pointed out, I’m not a big believer in freaking out about the schedule. It’s easy to overanalyze stretches of games as “brutal” but every team has them and in season injuries (or rest days) tend to even things out. Either this team will be good or not, but it won’t have anything to do with the schedule.

Frankly, the only two factors that probably make a difference in relative schedules are back to backs and rest days coming into a game. If we have the most rest games relative to opponents, but more back to back that probably isn’t unintended scheduling by the nba.
As others have pointed out, I’m not a big believer in freaking out about the schedule. It’s easy to overanalyze stretches of games as “brutal” but every team has them and in season injuries (or rest days) tend to even things out. Either this team will be good or not, but it won’t have anything to do with the schedule.
I agree that it won't be the difference of playoffs or not but if it's true that we are a little more compressed at the end vs. the beginning that's good when a new coach/system is put in place. It will be very interesting to see how it impacts Keegan who seemed to struggle with game two in b2bs in summer league. Other than that it's impossible to predict the impacts.

Wow, that’s perfect for the Kings. Get some familiarity and hopefully some wins early. Get into a stride in the new year then the SOS falls off during a hopeful playoff push.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Wow, that’s perfect for the Kings. Get some familiarity and hopefully some wins early. Get into a stride in the new year then the SOS falls off during a hopeful playoff push.
Unfortunately, "Higher numbers mean easier schedule", which means that we start tougher than average and get the toughest part of our schedule during the playoff push.