King Delly Has Officially Arrived

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member

One year, partially guaranteed.

So, we got our 3rd string PG, unless we decide to let him go...

He's only 31, and while he can't shoot he can run a team. Has a reputation for defense. Should be a good mentor off the bench, but he only played 224 minutes last year. I would imagine a similar role for him here.

One year, partially guaranteed.

So, we got our 3rd string PG, unless we decide to let him go...

He's only 31, and while he can't shoot he can run a team. Has a reputation for defense. Should be a good mentor off the bench, but he only played 224 minutes last year. I would imagine a similar role for him here.
Yeah, he's pretty much a best case scenario for that slot. Knows Brown's system, "vet cheerleader" that's actually in the vet cheerleader role and not a key rotation slot as we've been apt to do in the past.

Fox,Mitchell,Delly
Huerter,Monk,TD
Barnes,Okpala,Chima,Ellis
Murray,Lyles,Metu
Sabonis,Holmes,Len,Queta

Your 2022-23 Sacramento Kings!!

Deep, Balanced, better shooting, hopefully better defense

I love this team!!

Best team on paper in years!
I don't care what the "paper" says.

Because what the "paper" says means squat if we don't end up with this...
1659133182438.png

Just sayin'...:p:p:p

I will settle for 6th seed, and a full playoff series

Then can make a real run next season
6th seed? Heck, I'll settle with just making the "play-in" tournament. And then we can go for the 7th or 8th seed next season, and then go up from there.

Baby steps. I've lost way too much of my hair by expecting no worse than a 6th seed over the past handful of years. I would like to keep the very little hair that I do have left as a result of the constant hair pulling over the years...:D:D:D

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
He hasn't been anywhere near relevant since 2018.

An on court coach to help with teaching during practice makes sense.

If he plays any minutes then things have gone horribly wrong.
I expect that much like last season Covid protocols will rip holes in rosters throughout the league. Deep bench is way more relevant than ever before. I have no idea if Delly can still play, but I am not sure any team can afford to fill slots with washed up vets that only serve as mentors. With that being said I really hope Delly can bring some more grit, fire and tenacity to the team in whatever min he gets. I loved him in Cleveland.

If he can shoot the 3, he should turn out to be one of the best players we could've possibly signed for this spot.

So it's a low risk decent upside move. Which is all yoiu can ask for on these types of deals.

He's obviously a gamer n tough and he's like 6'4", he's got a championship ring and has played under Coach Brown before. Can't hate on this move.

His NBL stats dont look bad, 38% from 3 on 121 attempts.

Best off-season ever
Very good to be sure but, perhaps you’re too young to remember, there was a special team assembled under Geoff Petrie back in the 98-99 season. Rick Adelman, Vlade, C Webb, J Will, and Peja. That was the start of the glorious Kings years in Sacramento. Would love to see this new squad bring back the magic of yesteryear. Will be chomping at the bit to see how this team shakes out in the year ahead.

Very good to be sure but, perhaps you’re too young to remember, there was a special team assembled under Geoff Petrie back in the 98-99 season. Rick Adelman, Vlade, C Webb, J Will, and Peja. That was the start of the glorious Kings years in Sacramento. Would love to see this new squad bring back the magic of yesteryear. Will be chomping at the bit to see how this team shakes out in the year ahead.
That team is what made me a kings fan, even being born and raised in the bay.

That team is what made me a kings fan, even being born and raised in the bay.
Yeah...Anyone who is claiming this to be the "best off-season ever" either wasn't alive back then, was too young to remember, or just has extremely poor memory. I'd take that off-season any day over the week over the one we're currently having.

Did anyone watch him play in the NBL? Can he still play?
It doesn't matter too much to me. He's the 15th man on the roster and only gets off the bench in case of injuries. I think he's much more a "locker-room" guy they brought in who knows Brown's system and can play some defense in a pinch if injuries/fouls happen.

Thankfully, we've long progressed past the point where we need Delly to be a 20 min/game guy a night. The role he's in now is what ZBO/VC/Ariza should have been.

Trade Fox and Barnes while we can.
I mean, welcome King Delly.
Trade Fox and Barnes (Fox @ 23 ppg, 5.5 asst, 4 reb, 1.5 st on 45/35/74 split with a Sf/Pf Barnes at 16.5 ppg, 5 reb, 3 at on 45/40/80 split) so who you mortgaging your future on, Don Mitchell? Lillard?

Who are you making this trade for?

Armchair.

My guess is you are trading these 2 guys for LeBron on a 5 year fountain of youth serum right?

Or Giannis. Bet Milwaukie is lining up for this one.

Last edited: