KFBK: RE Graswich rants about the fate of the Kings

I really love the argument that attendance is down in Sacramento making other places likely to steal them away... nevermind the fact that the attendance being down has a lot to do with economy and that effects all of the US.

The Cal Expo news is discouraging and this guy is wired in to inside information and sources. Every spectator event/activity is down in attendance with the lousy economy. He didn't say anything too damning, just laid out the way it is. Yes, the team sucks (or is it the coaching?) and yes the team could move without an arena deal. Let's see what Kevin Johnson can cook up before we begin saying farewell to the Kings. I don't think they're going anywhere.

The Cal Expo news is discouraging .....
I haven't heard anything discouraging at all from anyone I would have even a little trust in.

RE's so blindly anti-arena, I don't trust him on that subject at all, especially if he says it's "discouraging" news.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I haven't heard anything discouraging at all from anyone I would have even a little trust in.

RE's so blindly anti-arena, I don't trust him on that subject at all, especially if he says it's "discouraging" news.
Ditto that, he can be a blathering idiot at times. He's an engaging personality, but has an agenda he pushes, and part of that is being anti-Kings/Maloofs/arena.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I don't know, I look at the rotation and our current record and I see progress from where we were last year. The young players are getting to play and we're not stuck in late lotto no-man's land. From a basketball standpoint, those are both good things. I don't know about attendance and the status of the arena, but I think there's reason for optimism on both fronts. Look at Portland as an example. Their fanbase divorced the team so they cleared out, played terrible basketball in front of no fans for a few seasons, and now they're sitting pretty for the next ten years. You just have to weather the storm. The fans will return when the winning returns. If you panic now and sell out the future just to remain mildly competitive, you risk making things even worse. Let Reggie stick around, let the young guys play, take your draft picks, and eventually things will turn around.

Graswich is still somewhere talking about the Kings?

What's Joe Hamelin's opinion on all of this? That's what I need to know! :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Graswich is still somewhere talking about the Kings?

What's Joe Hamelin's opinion on all of this? That's what I need to know! :p
Heheheheh...

It's amazing to me how well Graswich has nurtured that grudge into such a beautiful bouquet of hate. It's pathetic and yet fascinating at the same time.

He "retires" from the Bee to "pursue other interests" and yet he still cannot learn from his mistakes.

Graswich is like the guy sitting at home in the dark convinced the power is out, not realizing all he'd have to do is turn on a lamp. He doesn't have a clue - and the sad part is he truly believes he's the innocent victim of everything that's gone on between him, the Maloofs/Kings and the Bee...

At this point, I don't listen to KFBK during the afternoon drive time slot when he's on. I'd rather listen to a dentist drill teeth...