KF - Offical Fantasy Football League - 2016

When yahoo closed the league because there was an ODD number 30 minutes before draft time, the only thing I could do was send an invite to the team stating the draft has been changed. I found out when trying to send invites to add 2 more teams, I was getting error "The commissioner tool is not enabled (error #969). Therefore, the decision was to make the league with just 8 teams.

I was going to delete the league and create a new league, however there may be more problems if I did this.

I did reach out to Yahoo, however they have not responded. So, what's new.

My apologizes for those that have IMed me wanting to join. I did try.

Holy Crap! I totally woke up to be ready in time for this draft, allowed the fact that I woke up to be ready in time for this draft to completely slip away from me, and was worried sick that I probably will end up with a sub-par auto picked roster. And then I see it has been moved! Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, karma certainly has a nice way to bite you in your rear end, doesn't it? I forgot about the live draft again!!!!!! Something tells me that the fact that my brain has been occupied with studying for my A+ (Information Technology) exam as of late is the reason why.....Oh well, I will take what I am given. And will proceed to win with it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well, karma certainly has a nice way to bite you in your rear end, doesn't it? I forgot about the live draft again!!!!!! Something tells me that the fact that my brain has been occupied with studying for my A+ (Information Technology) exam as of late is the reason why.....Oh well, I will take what I am given. And will proceed to win with it.
I was there, but apparently my brain wasn't as I was deemed to have the worst draft in the league and am projected to finish last. :p

I was there, but apparently my brain wasn't as I was deemed to have the worst draft in the league and am projected to finish last. :p
Don't listen to that crap. I've had that happen to me so many times in the past, but have fared well in the end almost every time. You'll be fine.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Don't listen to that crap. I've had that happen to me so many times in the past, but have fared well in the end almost every time. You'll be fine.
I'm not worried. :)

My biggest problem with fantasy leagues is forgetting to check my rosters before the Thursday night game. Oh, and having too much faith in players who happen to be on my favorite team.

I'm not worried. :)

My biggest problem with fantasy leagues is forgetting to check my rosters before the Thursday night game. Oh, and having too much faith in players who happen to be on my favorite team.
The only guy on my favorite team worth drafting, IMHO, is Tony Romo. And, seeing that I am the biggest Tony Romo hater you may probably know on this forum, you can probably calculate the chances of me ever drafting him on a fantasy team (unless, of course, I miss the draft completely and I fall victim to having the system draft my team for me). And if that ever happens to me, I will break things.

PS: I understand the weirdness that might be going through the minds of those of you who have read my comments above. Yes, I am a Cowboys fan. Yes, I dislike Tony Romo. No, I do not understand those Cowboys fans who believe in the dude; I really do not. And I never will.

Personally I don't really like to be unhappy with having a top 10 quarterback on my team. It was hard enough enough to be unhappy with a top 25 QB back in the Alex Smith days. So Cowboy fans unhappy with their very good quarterback don't get any sympathy from me. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The only guy on my favorite team worth drafting, IMHO, is Tony Romo. And, seeing that I am the biggest Tony Romo hater you may probably know on this forum, you can probably calculate the chances of me ever drafting him on a fantasy team (unless, of course, I miss the draft completely and I fall victim to having the system draft my team for me). And if that ever happens to me, I will break things.

PS: I understand the weirdness that might be going through the minds of those of you who have read my comments above. Yes, I am a Cowboys fan. Yes, I dislike Tony Romo. No, I do not understand those Cowboys fans who believe in the dude; I really do not. And I never will.
You are not the only Cowboy fan who hates Tony Romo. My daughter cannot stand him either - and she's been a diehard Cowboy fan since the early 80s.

Hmm.... Decisions, decisions.

I'm trying to figure out whether I should let lucknuMBer10 know that despite completely bailing on the league, not logging in since before the season started, and going 0-13, he is in the playoffs and can actually try to set a decent lineup to make things difficult for the lucky person who grabbed the #1 seed and is playing him in the first round. On the one hand, that would be fairer for the rest of the league. On the other hand, I'm that #1 seed and would much prefer the virtual bye.

What should I do?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hmm.... Decisions, decisions.

I'm trying to figure out whether I should let lucknuMBer10 know that despite completely bailing on the league, not logging in since before the season started, and going 0-13, he is in the playoffs and can actually try to set a decent lineup to make things difficult for the lucky person who grabbed the #1 seed and is playing him in the first round. On the one hand, that would be fairer for the rest of the league. On the other hand, I'm that #1 seed and would much prefer the virtual bye.

What should I do?
He's pretty much bailed on my league, too, and the board. You're under no obligation to let him or anyone else know if he's in the playoffs. In fact, at this point, informing him would seem unfair to me. He snoozed, he loses. As the commissioner of the other league, I'd think I could be viewed as an impartial arbiter. ;)

Yeah... he bailed the fantasy league months before he stopped posting here.

My query was mostly tongue-in-cheek. If he was around he probably would have seen that post. I thought about bugging him earlier when he still posted here but didn't think it was fair to whoever he played that week. C'est la vie. He still has decent players. I'll be pissed if I lose this week.

I was too lazy to start a new thread for 2016, therefore I just edited this one

Anyways, looks like everyone has signed up for our 2016 Kingsfan Fantaasy Football League.

Draft date is August 27th at 10:30a.m. (Saturday)

I would like to know who would like to continue with this league. We only have 8 teams and I would like to get to 10 teams. Please let me know if you would like to join.

I received an email the other day stating our team will be automatic renewed on June 27th.

If you know anyone that would like to join please let me know as it would be nice to get a 10 team league.