Kevin Martin

We should (re)build the franchise around Kevin - he's got what it takes to be a superstar. He's fast, he can score and he's not greedy.

Go KINGS !

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Great game Kevin. Loved seeing him play as he really can getting any shot he wanted. Now need to see him get 30+ against the likes of the Lakers and Blazers this coming week.

Was at the Game last night, wow way to go Kevin!!!!
When Theus called time out with about 1 min left
Game was already over , couldn't figure out why he called
a timeout, commented to my GF geez Reggie
you drawing up an 11 point play in that huddle?

Then Martin came out drove to the Hoop
and scored 2 more to hit 48

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Was Kevins old career high 46?
Nice of coach to draw up a play for Kev
especially if it got him a new career high

Well player log for this season showed he had 43 pts in Nov against the Knicks
Im guessing that was maybe prior career high.

Player stats already updated fo last nights game

ok game recap for Nov Knicks game said it was career high
But still nice for reggie to help him get 2 more

Last edited:

Entity

Hall of Famer
My question is. When Martin hogs the ball and we lose but, he scores well. he gets an any questions thread. Now if Artest does it and we win ppl want to know why he don't involve his teamates even though he may have 4 or 5 ast and Martin had 1 I think. 23 fg attempts and 24 ft attempts which means he was actually shooting the ball at least 32 times. Now Iverson has been getting critisized for these types of performances for year. Its all well and good if you actually win the game i.e. Kobe Bryant.

lets not down one player for something and praise another player for the same thing.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
My question is. When Martin hogs the ball and we lose but, he scores well. he gets an any questions thread. Now if Artest does it and we win ppl want to know why he don't involve his teamates even though he may have 4 or 5 ast and Martin had 1 I think. 23 fg attempts and 24 ft attempts which means he was actually shooting the ball at least 32 times. Now Iverson has been getting critisized for these types of performances for year. Its all well and good if you actually win the game i.e. Kobe Bryant.

lets not down one player for something and praise another player for the same thing.
Stop turning every thread into an Artest thread. This one is about Kevin and a career high. Start a new thread if you want to whine about Ron's not getting respect. :mad:

Awesome job Kevin! Congrats on having a awesome game.

I understand what you're saying but I don't agree. I didn't watch last nights game but in general Ron plays one-on-one a lot, and I mean a lot. Usually if Kevin doesn't get a shot that he thinks he can make, he usually passes it out. I really don't see Ron do that. He dribbles and dribbles, gets himself in a hole and then shoots it.

Don't worry, I don't just get upset at Ron. I also don't like John's one-on-one game. Never have.

I think the Kings should have fouled with :08 to go in the game. It would have put the Wolves at the line and would have given Kmart a chance @ 50. :D

Well said Entity and don't be put down by anyone who would tell you otherwise, you're just making sense and saying what needs to be said.

Cheers

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Anyways, congrats to Martin and like someone else said, he set a new record and we're closer to a better draft pick. Win/Win.

He did a long interview with Mike and Grant before the game. One of the things they talked about was "getting shots." Kevin said that his game was so much more consistent and easier with Brad in the game to look for him. Well, congratulations Kevin--you have a set new records for yourself and the Kings and you did it, for the most part, without Brad! Annie.

Seriously guys, I am clearly a "Ron apologist", but if you cannot figure out why Kevin should be allowed a longer leash than Ron, you are not paying attention.

I was told that Kevin got burned on a clear three point shot that was called a two early in the fourth. It sucks that that would happen on a career night.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Martin doesn't hog the ball. You never see him dribbling around and around like RonRon or Salmons. Udrih should dribble some then shoot or pass or drive. Martin's big points/3-pt shots come from "catch and shoot". He makes his own shot or drives to the bucket. But you don't see him dribbling around all the time. And you rarely see RonRon "catch and shoot".

Kevin has been the only enjoyable thing to watch this entire season. If not for Kevin, I'd probably get more work done.

Something's got to change for next season.